The Darkshrine Events Have Begun!

Darkshrine appeared instead of the top of a stalagmite in Underground Sea map! The Shrine was not reachable from any angle!
http://i.imgur.com/OFBVgoW.png
Even the wisest are given menial chores

DisappointShrine spotted in The Weaver's Chamber Merciless

A map of all the world awaits you

--------------------------------

Unrelated to DarkShrine.
After 2 pets out at the same time, next expansion will allow pet mounting!

Hello fellow exiles!

I've had fun with Darkshrine, or as I've come to call it Tiltshrine!

I thoroughly enjoyed spawning Warband trials and even received a Belly of the Beast and a Lightning Coil off them. Those were both fun experiences, but there are two I specifically want to go into detail about. I only have a sceencap of one of them but the other has a jewel I'll use as "proof."

Story 1: Keep digging until you dig yourself out

Spoiler
Spoiler
http://i.imgur.com/trNQkZu.jpg

Shipyard map that started out around ~120%ish iiq and 44% pack size (I wanna say it was 41 but the screenshot says 44 so I must be mistaken) but that ended up with ~200% iiq. The map was super fun to clear. Of course I was going for Divine Shrine, Ghosting, and Corrupting Tempest. Well in this adventure of Tiltshrine, I luckily got a Divine Shrine off the bat. I zoomed around the map looking for other shrines to pop in order to ghost and collect loot.

The second shrine I came across I popped in my 3 affix chaos damage wand in order to see my first corrupting tempest but alas it ended up adding monsters fracture, not what I wanted but it added iiq. The third shrine ate two beyond maps with try again and that left me with one last chance for ghosting. (I only had three beyond maps.) I was hoping to not resort to this map as it had Beyond and Bloodline mod on it. I figured what the heck, I'm already here lets tilt even more. I yolo pop the map in and to my wonderful surprise.....it didn't ghost the map....BUT it didn't choose the bloodline mod either! Instead I got monsters deal 103% extra damage as fire (I think that was this shrine.) Let me tell you, monsters fracture on a map with 44% packsize and has a bunch of sea witches everywhere is pretty crazy. Temp Chains + sea witch fractures makes for a long journey for finishing the map.

At this point I've struck out fairly hard. At least I've made it this far with no deaths, thanks to the divine shrine, when I stumble across what I thought was the second to last shrine of the zone. I cleared around it and threw in my fracture map in hope that "a map of the world" would await me. As I finish pleading with RNG I hit sacrifice and pause for a moment, a bit scared to look at the corner of my screen and read the text. "A Map of All the World Awaits You" YESSSSSSSSSSS victory is somewhat mine, thank you RNG! Remember, what RNG giveth, RNG taketh. I clear the map, kill the double bosses, find the "last" shrine which yeilds a tempest (the one that does lightning abilities), and head over to the cartographers box.

I realize I forgot to bring some chaos with me to reroll the box if it turns out to be a bad alch. I debated for a few minutes until I decided it wasn't worth losing the divine shrine to pick up chaos since I didn't know if I would be able to make it back in the map with all the bodies around. I alch the cartographers box and it looks alright, not perfect. It has some extra items and I think + levels to chest. The last roll is what worries me, "nearby monsters are revived with onslaught." Yes, I have divine shrine, but that's still going to be ~60+ monsters reviving along with the monsters spawning from the box. I thought the game was going to crash when I clicked on the box. It took a good 30 second for everything to spawn and start moving. Kill mobs, box opens, out pops TWO
. Everything paid off in the end! The map took a long time but it was well worth the xp and those two maps.

As I'm running around identifying various items and using a portal to stash some regal recipe items I return to the bosses room where I notice in the corner there is a shrine. How lucky am I! I quickly ID a bunch of stuff on the ground and go back to get a vendor jewel to make cleaning up the map much easier. I put the jewel in, hit sacrifice, and nothing happens. I try to hit sacrifice again but nothing happens. Weird....then the game catches up. "Never discard a Weapon. It could be the blade that strikes you in the back" RNG giveth, RNG taketh. Remember, I'm where the boss died. The map had DOUBLE boss + ~200 IIQ. So. Many. Weapons. EVERYWHERE. Hahahaha it was hilarious, not what I was expecting. I die since I don't have the divine shrine. I try to zone back in but dc, however my character must have died or something because I was down another 10% xp. In the end my my tilt shrine backfired (as stuff usually does when you're on a losing gambling streak) but I still made it out with 2 colosseum maps.

Story 2: Vaal it like it's hot

Spoiler
I'll be shorter with this story than I was with the other. It was earlier on in the league. I was mapping with a friend and I was on my first ever mjolnir character. We are in a fairly rippy arsenal trying to ghost it. We find two shrines relatively close to the beginning of the map, the first one strikes out but the second one ghosts the zone. We excitedly move onto the next pack of mobs where he does his curse support thing and curses everything on the map and begins to feed me charges via conduit.

I'm attacking mobs for a good 15 seconds with no procs. I cannot figure out what's going on and how I've gotten this unlucky. I've had to chain chug my potions because I have no leech incoming to save me, my EB/MoM setup is out of ES so I'm just taking full blows to the face. I look up and notice I'm cursed...with a silence....and it's refreshing almost instantly. Yup, we spawned the Seditionist touch which was the ONE touch that could completely counter my build. I ended up dying once I ran out of potions. I have no clue what to do, so I do the only thing I know. I take out all 8 of the jewels I had in my passive tree and the time and start to vaal them. I don't know how many of them I bricked (not that they were amazing or expensive to begin with.) Jewel number 7 came through
. It was probably my worst jewel but I landed the Cannot be Silenced. As I happily zoned back in and shared the outcome with my friend he asked me a simple question, "why didn't you just roll warding on two potions?"

I was dumbfounded. I have no idea, the though never crossed my mind....

Last quick screenshot. I was farming corrupt zones for shrines when double "Nothing is more intimidating on the battlefield than a wall of arrows" popped.

Spoiler
http://i.imgur.com/ftvIJtB.jpg
Last edited by Haeos on Dec 6, 2015, 1:28:17 PM
Kaom In The Middle;

Spoiler

Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
first i got a hope on a lvl 70 map :3!

And finaly i got corrupted on my HoA and got lvl 21 and with perfetion turns 21/20 :3!

This league is awesome XD!
I have to say first up, I didn't get a screenshot of this particular craziness because my potato PC crashed as soon as it happened :(.
I did post on the PoE Reddit about this, and I'll edit my Reddit post adding my account name to prove that it was me :).
Link to the Reddit post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3uyswb/wanted_to_share_a_funny_moment_in_darkshrine/

So I was playing ele-based cyclone, running a residence map. Often when I do these maps I try to scout out shrines before actually killing the mobs because I have a chance to get touch of the damned (all mobs touched by a random ghost).
So, I was running to a Darkshrine I saw, followed by a horde of evangelists and the like. I chucked a map into the Darkshrine, and, low and behold, I got touch of the damned.
At this point, there were so many mobs around me that I decided the only way to survive was to pop Vaal cyclone, which I did. Unfortunately, I didn't check which ghost touched all of the mobs. I also neglected to notice (don't ask how) that there was an allies cannot die rare.
So, right as I suck in about 50 mobs (surviving through Life Gain on Hit), I notice the spirit mod: Martyr's touch. At that moment, I killed the allies cannot die rare, herald of ice proceed and everything died at once (including me) in a gigantic blast of corpse explosions. RIP.
Couldn't grab a screenshot because the sheer amount of loot from all of the mobs (it was a high quantity map) crashed my potato pc :D.

TLDR: Vaal cycloned an entire army of martyr's touch mobs next to an allies cannot die rare, unleashed a nuclear scale blast and lootsplosion.
Last edited by xXRoninXx on Dec 6, 2015, 10:17:31 PM
Step 1. Become the nightmare.
Step 2. Fear will root even the mighty in place.
Step 3. The touch of the damned.
Step 4. ???
Step 5. Profit.

Step 1. Seek the apex.
Step 2. ???
Step 3. Profit.

And for the finale:
Step 1. Become the nightmare.
Step 2. The touch of the damned.
Step 3. Brothers in arms.
Step 4. You catch a faint smell of corruption in the wind.
Step 5. ???
Step 6. Run out of portals carrying 6l/6s items
Step 7. Profit

Best league evar.
Last edited by RandyMarsh on Dec 7, 2015, 4:54:26 AM
Toss an item into a Darkshrine just like any other time and I get blessed with some new totem friends! They spawned on top of the Darkshrine and surrounded me and my only movement move is whirling blades but because of their spawn placement and where the Darkshrine was I couldn't move. I was stuck in a prison of death and after taking every type of fire spell I could think of within 2 seconds I was history. Scorched into the pavement. Thanks Kaom. I love your totem friends.

This isn't the first time i've been blessed from Darkshrine. Some of you may remember my Global post when I took all my gear off and just had a gem in my inventory and I got Mutewind spawned on top of me and they were guarding my gear...I was also inside of a map so had limited attempts at getting my gear back but luckily a friend helped out and killed the body humpers for me.

Spoiler

http://imgur.com/dblx9Vf

The only Shrine not darkened ?

Give me the prize!!!
Last edited by rx93shady on Dec 6, 2015, 10:54:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info