[2.3] Beginner-friendly Easy-Peasy Arc Caster

Super noob here. I just started playing like 3 days ago. I'm lvl 21, following your guide and having a lot of fun. I can't seem to get my hands on a lifesprig though, especially since I can't trade currency until L25.

Is there a easy way to get it?
"
_Krillian_ wrote:
Super noob here. I just started playing like 3 days ago. I'm lvl 21, following your guide and having a lot of fun. I can't seem to get my hands on a lifesprig though, especially since I can't trade currency until L25.

Is there a easy way to get it?

There isn't an 'easy' way to get one. Either you find it, trade for it, or farm nine The Hermit divination cards (not recommended).
However it is not really a required item. By L21 you've probably found a wand that is at least as good, or you could have created one through found orbs of alchemy or chance.
Just use the best wand you got. Elemental and/or lightning damage, added spell damage, maybe some mana regen, +1 to spell levels, or other good stuff.
Something like this would do well (I used a magic, blue, wand up until L30+)

For comparison, I'm currently trying to level a character with this build purely self-found in Talisman, and I haven't got a single of the unique items I mention in the build. They're nice to have, but not at all essential :-)
Last edited by Cyzax on Jan 4, 2016, 7:06:55 PM
I reached level 68 playing this build as of today and began mapping.

I'm currently using both a 5l Agnerod West socketed with Arc, Faster Casting, Controlled Destruction, Spell Echo, and Added Lighting.
With Wrath active, and a flame golem alive, I'm at roughly 13,000 dps.
This I feel isn't entire indicative of my dps because of the 20% lightning Pen on the West, and the bonus damage from hitting shocked enemies.

I'm also using a 28% Doryanis Belt.
I'm running Warlords Mark with Blasphemy.

The character I'm using, for those who want to directly look at my items, is Tynamo.

I enjoy this build thoroughly, and leveling using a Tabula Rasa, though now I'm wearing a Belly of the Beast.

I definitely recommend this build to anyone wanting to play Arc.
Leveling from level 1, all the way until now, was smooth and fluid.

The build creator is also very friendly and helpful. :)
Just thought I'd present an update of where I am. I haven't got that much time to play PoE at the moment, but I'm levelling a character using this build completely self-found. I don't trade at all since I wanted to see how viable that was.

It is very viable... I'm currently at L64, and going through A2M with no problems. I've not found anything I'd remotely class 'good', but have managed to max my resists, as well as have decent defences. Everything dies fast!

Thanks to LadyCaity (post above), I'm using Blasphemy ans Warlords mark, as well as Herald of Thunder. I've only so far found a 4L, so Arc isn't expensive. I'm mana stable.

The Blasphemy + Warlords Mark combination increases survivability enormously. This build is squishy, so when thing gets into range, it can be in trouble. With that combination active, you get both mana and life leech exactly when you need it the most, as well as protection from any endurance charges. Many thanks for that tip!

I've currently got Arc at L15, and have ~5000 tooltip DPS.

Equipment
Uniques Found
I suggest running Glacial Cascade instead of Ball Lightning for Ele Equilibrium maps.Not as effective as Ball Lightning but it gets the job done and the map mod works in your favor.
"
Cyzax wrote:
"
Can you do skill tree leveling like 1-20, 20-40 etc for noobs like me its really hard to know what should I level. Thx

I'll try to do that, but I'm currently on Christmas vacation :-)

This is now in the guide in the 'Skill Tree' section :-)
Im now level 70 dps 12k life 4200 I went evasion life based and Im using a shield so I have block evasion and allot of life for my level. Mana with the tree plus clarity hasnt been much of an issue. Im using allot of uniques I havent seen other people using plus I use the claw so I can whirl around the map and use Koams for even more life plus no knock back or stun. heres my gear.

Now with call of brother hood Im convering half my damage to cold and have 25% freeze and when they get frozen they get shocked too. Its fun but you gotta be on the move, no face tanking keeping mobs at range , I also use vaal storm call and a flame totem and sometimes vaal skeletons.
"
sethbine wrote:
Now with call of brother hood Im convering half my damage to cold and have 25% freeze and when they get frozen they get shocked too. Its fun but you gotta be on the move, no face tanking keeping mobs at range, I also use vaal storm call and a flame totem and sometimes vaal skeletons.

That's a very interesting variation there. It may be that you want to try to present your own build concept for it in a separate post. It's not that I want you to not post here, but having your own build post gives you a good amount of feedback, not just in the thread, but also directly from players :-)

I especially like the freezing! That is one of the best defensive measures in the game, and if there is a place this build (as most caster builds) is a bit lacking, it is in defences.

Being on the move and not face tanking is the usual MO for any caster build. Otherwise... SQUISH! :-p
Just an update on my Talisman self-found character...
It is now L72, with Arc at L17. I'm still only using a 4L.

Toottip DPS: 8k
Life: 4.2k
Energy Shields: Just below 1k

I had a bit of luck and found a decent helmet that enabled me to also swap out the wand for something a little better:

I'm currently levelling in The Aqueduct while trying to farm a Tabula Rasa.
So far, so good... 4 down, 5 to go...
Hello, really loving the build, don't know whether go for the 5% cast speed or the skillpoint as you call out both as viable, can you help me out with this decision?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info