[2.1] Hyaon's Fury Lightning Strike / ST || 85k DPS + Light Pen, Budget, Insane Defences, HC Viable

@AlmightySleepyBear

Hi, I usually use Double Strike, but Frenzy is good as well. Double Strike has higher DPS, but Frenzy let's you keep up your Frenzy charges for boss fights, which is pretty nice. So it's really up to you. Good luck!
Hey guys I won't be able to reply to any comments in the future for a while. I may be busy with some other stuff. Sorry in advance!
Final update before I leave.

Also, Vessel of Vinktar is an excellent addition to this build if you can afford it.
i got a question whats better, in your opinion. blasphemy with 2 curses and HoT, or HoT CoH 1 curse and arctic armour and wrath? i cant decide
dont use blasphemy because you are ranged and the AoE of blasphemy is very small.
Maybe I got something wrong here but aren't all the Int nodes useless when I play shadow?
Like I need neither mana nor high energy shield right? I might be wrong doe sry I'm new
@Bezow

No you need the ES. We are going EB/MoM/ZO so we ultimately want 1400+ ES. This will let us soak a lot of damage thru MoM as well as sustain the mana cost of our skills.

Try to get high ES on your shield, helm and gloves. Follow my item choices, jewels and skill tree very closely and you won't go wrong.

I just realised that this build might not be noob friendly lol. If your brand new to the game, maybe try a different build and come back to this one when you feel more comfortable and experienced. Good luck!
Last edited by cookees on Jan 8, 2016, 11:52:01 AM
Can I play this with a Two-Handed weapon? If so what would I have to adjust in the tree?
@Baumthekid

Hey man, I don't think 2H will be good for this build. For most elemental builds, 1H is the best (except for Oro's). Also with 1H, you can use Whirling blades, Hyaon's and a high ES shield. Without a high ES shield, you can't run EB/MOM/ZO very effectively.
Been trying a lot of different shadow builds recently and haven't found one that really stuck out for me. Either it's too squishy or too mage like. Though this is a sword build and my idea of a shadow is a stealthy dagger wielding backstabber (which I find not too workable early game) I must say this is for me. The defenses here are adequate, I can use alternate gearing (deresso's instead of coil for instance) and still be fine. I am using wild strike which isn't even listed and it is ripping things up with the listed support gems.
I am loving this build and previously you said it isn't newb friendly but if they just follow what is said it will work just fine!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info