Hey guys

There is mighty fine non-alcoholic ginger beer here in NZ.

I should have been more specific, because this stuff is the best thing to come out of Australia since I flew back from there after my last holiday:

== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Oct 25, 2015, 10:30:43 PM
Yeah, I realized my ignorance after I left work. As soon as I thought about it I realized Beer doesn't necessarily mean fermented, but is more like brewed e.g Rootbeer.

I'll have to see if I can track down some good Ginger Beer here in Nebraska. I like ginger as a flavour anyways so I might just end up finding a new drink!
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
You're lucky it just makes you nauseous. After breaking some ribs in a car accident, I found out that Opiates cause my heart rate to hit 200 and start flipping tables. Had to be held down by two male nurses and sedated. Good times.

But for nausea in general, lemon and carbonated water always make me feel better.
Last edited by Vegalyp on Oct 27, 2015, 3:27:54 AM
"
Vegalyp wrote:
You're lucky it just makes you nauseous. After breaking some ribs in a car accident, I found out that Opiates cause my heart rate to hit 200 and start flipping tables. Had to be held down by two male nurses and sedated. Good times.

But for nausea in general, lemon and carbonated water always make me feel better.

Are you sure they didnt replace your opiates with cocaine or something?

I will feel lucky though, fortunately I'm pretty young and I still heal quickly. Swelling is already nearly non-existant, just some discoloration and still unable to apply any actual weight onto my foot. For a 3rd Degree sprain that's pretty good. Though I am getting annoyed at the bruises appearing on my shin...

As for the Hydro I finished my last tab last sunday so all is good.
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Glad to hear you are feeling better. :)
"
Vegalyp wrote:
Glad to hear you are feeling better. :)

Thank you. :)

I'm going in for a follow-up over this next week hopefully. Should be able to schedule an appointment as It's over my vacation.
|
My dad things it's a third degree sprain, which includes a fracture or broken bone, I don't think it's that bad but he was a sports physician for many years and worked with olympians so I'll hold to his judgement for now. I'm just wondering if it was a third degree sprain, why didn't the ER visit provide me with notification and a method with which to assist my hobbling. Probably because I don't have insurance...

I still can't actually walk and it's been ~11 days. The first day I didnt even have crutches at that time so I had to crawl around my house. I just have to get the appointed follow-up Physician to actually give me a doctors note for the two days I missed from work.

If you are unused to taking these and depending on what strength they are take half a pill instead of a whole pill, then whenever your prescription says (if you need it for pain at the time) to take them cut in half and take the other half to get your body used to the dosage ( so instead of taking a whole pill every six hours, take a half pill then 3 hours later take the other half). It's easier on your stomach. Also when you stop taking them if you take them for more than a month, slowly wean yourself off them by cutting the dosage slowly. If I go cold turkey it pops me straight into a migraine but I've been taking them for 3 years now, along with Tramadol every 4 hours. Tramadol works great and is a lot less addictive to take.

Bread, crackers, 7up, sprite after you get nauseous, sometimes milk works. Don't fight being sleepy, if your body is telling you to lay down and sleep do it, fighting to stay awake can make you sick to your stomach on top of the reason you are taking them.

Make sure you eat lightly before so you aren't taking it on an empty stomach.

Most of all try to take them only when you are hurting and don't just take them because the bottle says so. Stop taking them as soon as you can so you don't have to deal with the coming down off them.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

I had absolutely no effect coming off of them, probbaly because I didn't have enough to build a dependency. It was only a 20-tab bottle so it was finished pretty quickly, even with taking less than the reccomended dosage. In terms of the drowsyness I have to say awake to not fuck up my sleep schedule for work. I only missed two days due to the nausea. I only use this forum while I'm at work. I may hop on it a few times over my coming week vacation however. (Going to Nebraskon, my first con!)

Nonetheless, thanks for the tips! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info