Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Think I figured out the skill-gem lore

Conclusion: GGG need to make a lore encyclopedia!!
"
Xavderion wrote:
If you want to know more about PoE's lore, just watch Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Yeah, or Escape from New York!

AMIRITE!?

Who cares...
Hmm maybe the devs dont know the answer to it themselves yet. Like the writers of Lost. "Lets make a supermysterious island" - "But what is the answer to everything?" - "Dunno but we will come up with something random at the end" :P

Btw LoL'd at the pyramid being a mako reactor x)
Skill gems are not Virtue gems.

The Virtue gems being what created the Undying, Gemlings, Merviel, the bane gem, etc.
Merviel didn't get a skill gem implanted to her to make her a monster, she simply carried a Virtue gem around her neck.

Are they similar? probably.
To continue with the FF7 references...

I'm pretty sure the skill gems are just droplets of the lifestream, concentrated and crystalized.
"
Casia wrote:
Skill gems are not Virtue gems.

The Virtue gems being what created the Undying, Gemlings, Merviel, the bane gem, etc.
Merviel didn't get a skill gem implanted to her to make her a monster, she simply carried a Virtue gem around her neck.

Are they similar? probably.

Good call... I didn't remember or make the distinction between skill gems and Virtue gems.

Also, I find the FF7 jokes hilarious.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
"
Faction3 wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
If you want to know more about PoE's lore, just watch Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Yeah, or Escape from New York!

AMIRITE!?

Who cares...

Wut? That movie doesn't have to do anything with PoE's lore.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I think there was another "mad scientist" besides Piety, that Maligaro guy I've been hearing quite often from NPCs.
"
I think there was another "mad scientist" besides Piety, that Maligaro guy I've been hearing quite often from NPCs.

Yup, Maligaro is an ancient "mad scientist" kind of guy. Fidelitas was his assistant/lover. Shavronne was his apprentice.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
I like this thread. AiSard, in particular, has a firm grasp on what's happening.

If Shavronne was Maligaro's apprentice, then who was Doedre?

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info