Think I figured out the skill-gem lore

"
Elynole wrote:
The pyramid is actually a large MAKO reactor.

Haha, the Jenova theme song just started on the musicplayer as i read this xD
"
AiSard wrote:
The corpsepiles in Act3 are entirely Piety. For one, she doesn't actually take over an Eternal Empire Lab or something, she ad-hoc takes over a temple to dump her experiments >_>

On the other hand, I keep trying to figure out what the deal with the Gemling Queen is. Specifically when she talks about Malachai, it all seems to hint at something very big there to me, especially with how she talks about gems, death, and her choice? of not being dead? unsure if its hinting at something deeper in to the gem lore or if she's just being herself and speaking in spirals..

The undying have skill gems placed INSIDE their bodies. The gemling queen talks about her bejeweled spine. So she has multiple skill gems in her spine. Why she seems to be lucid (relatively speaking) compared to the undying mobs... I don't know.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
"
MYLOkai wrote:
It's just materia =)

This ^^
Skill gems are just condensed mako.

Anyone make that joke yet? I don't read threads I just post.
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
"
AiSard wrote:
The corpsepiles in Act3 are entirely Piety. For one, she doesn't actually take over an Eternal Empire Lab or something, she ad-hoc takes over a temple to dump her experiments >_>

On the other hand, I keep trying to figure out what the deal with the Gemling Queen is. Specifically when she talks about Malachai, it all seems to hint at something very big there to me, especially with how she talks about gems, death, and her choice? of not being dead? unsure if its hinting at something deeper in to the gem lore or if she's just being herself and speaking in spirals..

The undying have skill gems placed INSIDE their bodies. The gemling queen talks about her bejeweled spine. So she has multiple skill gems in her spine. Why she seems to be lucid (relatively speaking) compared to the undying mobs... I don't know.

Maybe I should actually read the lore in-game...
"
Elynole wrote:
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
"
AiSard wrote:

Maybe I should actually read the lore in-game...

Even if you read the lore, you won't understand anything!
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:

*facepalms* I kept thinking she meant.. like.. spiky carapace stuff/adornment when she mentioned spines.. instead of her.. actual spine = =

As for lucidity, if I remember right its because Malachai actually knows how to inject gems properly. The gem that drives Merveil mad for instance was ripped out of someone Malachai had injected and wasn't mad/deformed (correct me if wrong)

EDIT: looked it up, the non-insane singer was Kalisa, undying but not insane, not sure where I got Malachai as the one who implanted it in her throat though..
Last edited by AiSard on Feb 14, 2013, 2:22:36 PM
"
Ouroboros226 wrote:
Thoughts?

Entirely wrong. The ShinRa Electric Power corp are behind it all.
Did you know level 91 is the halfway point to level 100? This means that a softcore character dying ONCE at level 85+ can lose many days of progress.
Feeling sad that all the jokes are going right pass me =( never played any of the Final Fantasy games..
MOVE THIS TO BETA FEEDBACK

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info