One-month Flashback Events: Progress and Feedback

I'm having a blast playing these flashback events. This one is just as fun as the previous one. No wonder they are so popular. It's perfect to have one of these after a 3 month challenge league.

Mapping is fun. Would like to see old zana with higher tier daily maps though. Would also like to see +2 maplevel from monsters possible again and beyonders and exiles dropping maps. That'd make it perfect. But it's pretty good as is. Just a little more challenging to climb in map tiers.

Cartographer boxes could be a little more common too.

Love that beyond is on most of the time. This mod is crazy fun. And the all mods weekends: Carnage :)

Hope to see another flashback event some other time in the future. Maybe after the next challenge league or so?
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 18, 2015, 2:40:01 PM
This is the best experience I have had in Path of Exile. I love this 1 month league! Me and a friend tried Hardcore for the first time and we have only level 85 challange left to complete 20/20. I wish almost this was always on :P No but seriously it is so much fun and hard that you really have to think in every situation, not just do it like I used to try most of the time before. :D
Congratz to all. Oh well i hoped that they would randomly pick winners at the end of the league. So people like me, that joined this league abit later had no chance whatsoever.

Technical complain:

I still get

- massive frame drops in alot of areas around acts
- Weird disconnects, that were not here prior to the patch.
- still jitters and stutters
- still no support for 64 bit
- still white place holders( upon entering into new area ), that should have been replaced long time ago.

GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
Last edited by Farystar on Oct 18, 2015, 5:33:06 PM
Enjoy the flashback theme, but beyond sucked the fun out of the entire league for me aswell.
It just completely overshadows everything else and get incredibly annoying when running for so long and proccing so often and at the same time on several groups.

Make it a smaller chance to proc or max 1 beyond spawn per map or something to calm shizzle down.
Latency peaking most of the time / game freezes sometimes while moving from a zone to another.
Other than that the league is so much fun, however the continuous freezing thing kills the game.
IGN : Iss_Limit_Less
"
birumen wrote:
Drop rate doesn't matter too much imho, but "+2 is only from the map bosses" and "no maps any more from unique monsters" are what make 2.0 mapping boring. The +2 change forces players to run the same level (tier) of maps over and over again. Disabling map drop from unique monsters makes exiles/beyond/warbands fight just like getting rid of danger. Yeah loot from those is awesome, but we map to get maps so...

Please give us back 1.3 mapping. 1.3 mapping + bunch of new tile set from act 4 would be a lot better.

+1 to THIS! As far as the last part of this statement is what I was under the impression of what we were going to have in the expansion release.
Also what people are saying about beyond I have to agree with, one to three days of it is ok, but the first WEEK? *Sigh* I love these flashback leagues, I really do. Starting over every time for a new league is annoying, but I deal with it. I feel that I would have had a smoother start over with this league though if beyond wasnt in the first entire week. I am in no way a hardcore player, not casual either though. But Im not playing this weekend purely because there is beyond in the game, and Im really, really sick of it.
Last edited by lizzrdd on Oct 18, 2015, 8:20:56 PM
"
MasterIssy wrote:
Latency peaking most of the time / game freezes sometimes while moving from a zone to another.
Other than that the league is so much fun, however the continuous freezing thing kills the game.

THis +100

Ps. It is the first time is saw POE freezing my entire computer completely.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
I didn't enjoy the league. Playing a SRS character.

Physical damage is absurd if you are using non-armor based defense or not-lightning coil. Some changes need to make with energy shield and evasion. Removing Cwdt- enduring cry - immortal call is just dumb while you are increasing monster damage at the same time.

Tempest mod and Beyond is just annoying, un-fun, cancer etc. Especially, when beyond bosses are packed with so much life, damage and AOE. They just appear and one-shotted my minions which I specialized for tanking while I am leveling to 75. And there should be clear indicators showing when beyond bosses will spawn so that players can adjust their clear speed to avoid them being spawn at all. Or an option to disable it like paying Zana for a small fee to disable the league mods when your build just cannot handle them.

The game performance is just poor. Low frame rate and lagging. Particularly ground effect and Malachi. Didn't feel your optimization in the recent patch change anything. It just feels more laggy. I don't really give a damn about graphics quality. People play this game is for its unique economy and character customization. Not for state of the art graphics. Plus, whats the point if the game is designed to be "hardcore", difficult and beginner unfriendly. People attracted by the appearance will just quit after their unpleasant experience with the game.

As for leveling experience, it felt better in Awakening but still there is a long way to go. Contents feel repetitive - forcing players to go through the same stuff three times just to go into maps. I thought a difficult is going to be removed when Act 4 releases. Plus, gems. Class-specific purchasable gems. I simply do not understand why you cannot buy all gems from the vendor. I thought the adding of this function is to remove the necessity to trade for needed gems for leveling. In addition, re leveling master is just tedious, I don't even bother with them anymore.

The UI is just bad. I do not understand why health/ mana above character show the proportion you reserve. It is hard to see life and mana level when you reserve most of it. The display of mobs mod should be automatic. There is just no time to click on the mobs to see its mods when you get in range. It is also counter intuitive that the buff is not group in the bottom of the screen when most of the character information is at. Moreover, aura/ minions should not need to be re-casted every time you re-logged or died. And, where is the promised switchable skill bar?

The design of Act 4 is great at creating a claustrophobic. Yet, it is the most unfun and uncreative boss fight. It is the act that heavily relies on your gears and portals scrolls. The majority of the boss fight design is just huge AOE in a same area which the character has no where to hide. No wonder, GGG chooses to nerf defense/ leech hugely.

The 1 month league is a great demonstration that the game is overwhelmed with lots of game mechanics which some players find it un-fun and too difficult. Yet, this trend will continue when GGG adds in more content. I understand the game needs to be challenging. Why not make difficulty as an option like a character will only has a max 60 elemental resistances or a cap of 4000 life etc.

Some may argue the normal, cruel and merciless itself is a difficulty option. But no it is not since the whole economy and customization is balanced around the end game. You can hardly sell gears which are not end-game when it later in non-hardcore. This is one of the major reason why people want to speed-run through pre-level 60. The gearing in the early game just does not matter as the gears will become irrelevant when you leveled up. The game might as well starts at lv 60. The reason for that is due to non-perishable gear and chaos recipe. End-game gears being nonperishable retains its value and this is game breaking. This make chaos ridiculously powerful since your theoretically only need to spam chaos on a piece of rare item to produce a perfect nonperishable gear. Gears degrading from rare to magic to normal will set a new dynamic gameplay and economy. If this will be implemented, there will also be a need to make gems degrade in level to balance the power of casters.

"
Kobrakai wrote:
I'm not gonna bother finishing those achievements.

This beyond mod destroys my pc.. and guess what, its always there.

C you next league.

3/4 Armor pieces...

I found Beyond both fun and annoying as hell. As to map drops I cannot say they are improved or not. With Beyond + all other mods I played mostly 70 maps all the way to 85. I played some 71's here and there if open-concept, and 72's if my Zana daily was that high. The only higher maps I played came from partying with others, whom I'd like to thank, because without them I'd not have completed the 20 challenges.
I started playing the game on this league.

All i have to say is I love this game and is really cool in all concepts.

The only event I didn't like a lot, was this Beyond, which I found the enemies much stronger than usual mobs of maps...

Like, the game got 5x harder during beyond events.

It is not like it was a small increase on difficulty, it was A LOT, that is what i disliked.

Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info