One-month Flashback Events: Progress and Feedback

Over all I love this Flashback Event. Very challenging and entertaining :).

The change to map drobs is noteble ... but please check Tier 4 > 5.
I get alot of Tier 1-4 maps when I play 1-4. I get alot of 5+ when I play 5+. I just get NO 5+ if I play Tier 4 (that's how it feels atfer 30++ Tier 1-4 at last). I had to buy a Tier 5 to start the 5++ mapping.

AND the change to "Tier" is very unconfortable :(. As mentioned allready I could search for 68, 69 or what ever Map level before. Now I MUST use "Tier x" with apostrops :(.

Another point: How are the "from bejond" Bosses are ment to be handled?
After my initial Archer I started a Shield+OneHand TANK Duelist. Tripple Purity-Aura (+3 max res) + Saffel's Frame (+4 max res) and 10.000 armor unbuffed (before Fortify/Endurance chages) and 75% chaos res.
I thought it should be SUPER tanky :(.

But 82% fire/cold/lightning res
+ 75% chaos res
+ 10k unbuffed armor
Does NOT realy help against them :(:(.

The Ice-Boss still can kill me within seconds. The detonate dead both can still one-shot me.
If you now combine them with 1 to 5 Yellow champs who buffe them with auras ... it's GG!

So if you start a Event like this again ... please DISABLE the "from bejond" uber-Bosses OR balance them!

PS: if you check my Duelist now. I moved about 20 points after I noticed how USELESS 10k armor and 82% all res are :(.
Last edited by Schakar on Oct 17, 2015, 5:03:17 PM
"
pootie3030 wrote:
Booooooooooooo.....
Another prize obtainable by a very small percentage of the community.... hows about throwin a bone to those of us that have contributed to the success of this great game.......... congrats to you 2 dudes for kickin ass, not trying to take away from that....... would it be so wrong to create a random prize pool for lvl threshold that wasnt shitty?... something like all characters that reach lvl 65 or 70 get a ticket in a random draw for some hardware, or conplete 10 challanges for a ticket?

I just want to say I started playing around the tail end of Warbands/Tempest. At the end of this league I will have 2 months of game play under my belt. I was able to complete the set within the first 2 weeks. I am sure by the time the league ends it will be much higher than 10%. I do have a lot of time on my hands being a home maker but level 85 wasn't very bad at all. Even with a full time job I feel I could complete all these challenges during the full month duration.

To me it just says roughly 10% of players only wanted to get the challenges over with so they could focus on something else or another game. Again, I am sure more will complete it towards the end. Procrastination is very popular among younger audiences.

I just do not agree this challenge set is for the top players of the community as I am uber scrub.
"
DamonBlack wrote:
"
pootie3030 wrote:
Booooooooooooo.....
Another prize obtainable by a very small percentage of the community.... hows about throwin a bone to those of us that have contributed to the success of this great game.......... congrats to you 2 dudes for kickin ass, not trying to take away from that....... would it be so wrong to create a random prize pool for lvl threshold that wasnt shitty?... something like all characters that reach lvl 65 or 70 get a ticket in a random draw for some hardware, or conplete 10 challanges for a ticket?

I just want to say I started playing around the tail end of Warbands/Tempest. At the end of this league I will have 2 months of game play under my belt. I was able to complete the set within the first 2 weeks. I am sure by the time the league ends it will be much higher than 10%. I do have a lot of time on my hands being a home maker but level 85 wasn't very bad at all. Even with a full time job I feel I could complete all these challenges during the full month duration.

To me it just says roughly 10% of players only wanted to get the challenges over with so they could focus on something else or another game. Again, I am sure more will complete it towards the end. Procrastination is very popular among younger audiences.

I just do not agree this challenge set is for the top players of the community as I am uber scrub.

I think he is talking about the Level 100 rewards. In any case anyone who is dedicated enough to ascend to 100 in a one month league is probably intentionally (via streaming) or unintentionally bringing a lot of attention to the game and/or watchable content to potential subscribers. Thus the hardware rewards are quite reasonable. It's simply marketing.
"
the_truth wrote:
So far I have really enjoyed the map changes. Tier list will take some getting used to but it makes sense in the long term. I approve of the rare drop rate of higher tier maps (mainly t13-t15). If these dropped every single map it would take alot of the fun out of it for me. I enjoy grinding the end game and when i do get these maps to drop I feel a great sense of joy.

What i would love to see is additional maps in each category, especially t10 and up (btw please do something about tier 7 map pools, its awful IMO except jungle valley, which tier 7 is a huge transitional tier level for new leagues/players - suggestions move and replace existing maps into tier 7 and others out of tier 7)

keep grinding away GGG.

Obfuscating the map level difficulty is bad but we'll all get used to this (unlike the change from adding newly purchased stash tabs to converting read only tabs, I'll never forgive GGG for that asinine change). Now GGG should rebalance the tiers difficulty and go all the way to T32 (level 99 map) so that the no-lifers time unlimited elites can get the challenge fix they want and the rest of us will not be killed off playing maps. Of course that means GGG will need to change how maps drop such that we can get the higher maps all the way to 99. The formula for map drops should include up to + 2 above the exile level and GGG should use the map level as a % likelihood that a map will drop. For simplicity of explaining what I mean just subtract the map level number from 100 to get a % change that the map can drop. So a T1 map (level 68) would have a 32% chance to drop and a T32 map (level 99) would have a 1% chance to drop.

It's quite obvious to me that GGG will never do anything as drastically needed and as wonderful as this. We all must remember that GGG is stuck in old school arpg logic and that means last century thinking on how an arpg should work so great game changes are not likely to happen here. SIGH!!!!
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Fun league + difficult league = good league!
beyond needs to be removed, really. It provides almost no reward for the stupid damage output the mobs have. I am way more scared of a beyond rare than most map bosses. They're tankier and way more bursty.... and you rarely only face one of them at a time. Combined with nemesis mods, it's just stupid. Also since they don't drop maps...... It's just ridiculous how overtuned they are. Monsters shouldn't have such spikes in difficulty. On top of that, they come with damage auras.... It just makes 0 fucking sense.
Too much Beyond waaaaay waaaaaay too much Beyond. -_-
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
I have fund this league very fun :D It have also made me remember why i play softcore ;)

Just an ideer wouldn't it be cool if strongboxes could roll an additional divination card?
Beyond as a mechanic is fine, but the numbers on HP and damage are most obviously fucked up.
If you ever want to turn on beyond again, these numbers need to be fixed to bring them in line with other Rare/Magic monsters.
There is no reason for monsters which already spawn more akward than normal monsters, seem to have dangerous bases and more difficult AIs (the annoying archers and teh hard hitting melees) to ALSO get more hp and damage just to drop strictly worse.

Im pretty sure we wont get it, but i'd like a number of players or hours played statistic on beyond and non beyond days. So many people i played with just said "oh its beyond, just not gonna play today then".
I had to switch to SC and start a new char i saw deal very neatly with beyond on stream, just to stay motivated to play on beyond days.
Completed my set in few evenings (total of 25-ish hours of playtime). Some of the challenges were really bit too easy (like Igna or ID'ing ANY unique item), but in general it was pretty fun. The only thing I was really frustrated about, is such a long beyond mod streak. On the other hand, it made levelling more difficult for me (as pretty experienced player) eventhough I played SC version. Also beyond bosses HP should be fixed somehow, sometimes it feels simply stupidly too high.

And as it has happened for few last leagues, I really like getting MTX as rewards. I don't really care that for first couple of months after league finish half of the town zones will be filled with golden seraphs till they get bored of it, it's still nice.

Next time Ebony Seraph set? Count me in ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info