[STD] End game CI Reave display - Updated 2.1

"
dps wise I haven't seen anything come close I think the CoC dischargers aren't reaching that dps level all that and some rock solid es and playstyle. Good job!

Actually CoC discharge is really overpowered, and needs to be nerfed. Here's my 8.5k EHP CoC discharger doing part 2 of core malachai in 2:28 (starts at 23:10). My entire gear is cheaper than OP's dagger, and he managed to kill malachai in 2:02. So my single target DPS (the worst case for coc-cyclone) is only 15-20% less than a mirrored reaver...

I will admit that CoC is less safe to play because of the explosions blocking you from seeing stuff, and I did die to 81 Palace Dom's smash at 98 once because I didn't see it. I agree that with reave you could even do Palace dom safely.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
The builds are sorta similar. We rely on a high health pool + leech to survive. The main difference is playability. For solo play, I think most pcs can handle discharge assuming there aren't 100 mobs, but for party play a lot of people have a bad time. That's also why 90% of parties have "No CoC/Discharge" in the title, whereas 0% of parties have "No reave" in their title. That's my main reason for not playing discharge, I want to be able to find rot parties easily, and not have to sit in the back and leech. I did enough of that when I lvl'd ST/KB CoC to 100 twice in 1.3.

As for the cost, CoC builds are indeed far less relient on items to get good dps compared to attack builds. That's just how it is. With that said, the dagger + amulet is the far majority of my damage. I could drop the other mirrored pieces without suffering a whole lot. Granted, those 2 items are still very expensive for most people, but you don't need 1000ex+, just 500ex. Hahah..

Mabye Misaka was thinking about Mjolner Discharge. They don't get very high dps.
Would a life based evasion/dodge reave be able to make it to this level of overpoweredness?
Hitma47 has a good lifebased eva/dodge build here

He has high evasion and high dodge which will prevent most damage coming your way, but when a hit does goes through, you will be a lot more likely to get 1-shot, especially in high lvl maps. When you're trying to lvl past 95+ I prefer taking a lot of hits and surviving them, than dodging most hits, but dying when you take one. Sure it won't be every hit that goes through that kills you, but as CI, the only thing that can 1-shot me is the smash-type ability of certain map bosses like 81 vaal, 81 dom and 82 malachai.

He does have the advantedge of Blood Rage = frenzy charges, as well as more leech. And ofc life flasks, but I still think CI is superior.
Out of curiosity, does blood rage cancel out melee dmg on full life? Can't seem to find the answer to this.
As CI, you will always be on full life (which is 1), unless you're dead. If I activate Blood Rage, I'm gonna be degening ES all the time, which is annoying. I tried using Shavs ring to counter it, which worked, but no mana regen was too much of a con to make up for blood rage.
Yea, but i read some stuff that you were degening the life still so it was fucking with melee damage on full life. But if it works, then perfect. When Skyforth release his Es boots which supposedly make you stun immune im gonna try a version close to this but with blood rage. Something like this:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAghDfsBslS67pAt-KbRnZW6crNbkRUC0fHU_QH0yz7-tQMCBu216TJ2wLIvR_xhGWmhNwVpAb29RJsdfP-TfviKEvvoq0DMrTgwlGcW49YEO-gHcHhxOcpG-eV8kNfOq6-eiCxyj62mJodBhWg188LYPMtz5Bh8auaPKvbAthGF08763xwGbvfDwFn9-aO-081abkIvfBGmzlzz0-kn33MnKpxPaYb9wjcFKJ03DVXfIOSLVI8-oqC-1Bpn-xsxa_Y0MN0fLhX2rQ0EcGfeMs4axmuT7Ydo6Kl9Dbblb18YpsCNvnj_rw1UlR7Bgsv1Zjhq4V1w==
The Skyforth boots stun immunity will rely on a high mana pool. I'm not sure by what capacity but by the sounds of it, some investment into mana nodes and equipment is necessary. Also, it will be very rare, perhaps T1. Wait for them to come out before commiting
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
It's based off 500% of max mana from what I've read. I'm guessing you'll want a lot more mana than the 600 or so I get with this build. At least 2k probably. With that said, I'm not running Unwavering Stance anymore with the CI reaver.

@Lanfear88 The tree looks good, though personally I'd connect to the Power Charge in the witch area through the AoE nodes, and in the templar area, I'd connect to Zealot's Oath through the int nodes above Retribution instead of going through the elemental damage nodes.
I have all the gear so thats not a problem :) it being t1 isnt really a problem either seeing as t1 drops left and right with the buff :P

However, it being based of max mana is a concern. you would need to have about 2k as you say so u can take up to 5k hits without getting 100% stun. Its next to impossible to get 2k mana without heavy investment so you are probably better of just spendning the points for US then. Ah well. Will see if changes are made to mana in next big patch otherwise i'll just go for this build which looks very good =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info