fix your game

I'm playing on a prebuilt laptop and it certainly takes a moment or two but nothing serious if you are utilizing a computer that's been built within the past 5 years.

If you're still in the Dual or Tri core era, expect a rather long load time.

I can definitively say that on a true 8 core pc, even running outdated DDR3 ram, and using a mechanical HD it takes about 20-30 seconds to load all the resources and get up and running.
el oh el
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
5 mins loading screens ? do you even SSD ?

Requiring us to have an SSD just to play clearly indicates serious performance problems. And no, SSD lower prices is not a comeback reply, the fact that GGGs custom game engine has serious performance problems is well known. GGG most definitely knows that it's not great. But they have invested entire company into this game engine and can't change now, that is financially impossible. So GGG has to muttle along with it and we have to suffer long load times as a result. Caughing up for an SSD is nice boost but we shouldn't have to have one just to play PoE at decent performance.

Having played POE before getting SSD, 5 mins is outside the norm for loading. Having SSD gives a few seconds reduction. I doubt the OP would receive any noticeable benefit from purchasing SSD('s).

I would advise the OP to contact tech support. GGG have excellent customer support.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
100% Ethical, most of the time.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"
axt7effekt wrote:
...something on your end slowing it down.

Yup, it's 2 gig of data getting loaded from YOUR HDD to YOUR ram it's a simple program but it's only as good as your system allows it to be.

If you have a HDD that is near full, has loads of small files, has not been cleaned/maintained, fragmented, has bad sectors, old and slow...IT WILL slow the loading down.

Or say you have a crap anti virus software (norton) which is fairly active and is always passively scanning, that would slow it down, torrenting would slow it down...there's more of course but it ultimately boils down to something on your end...even when they add the improvements they are working on YOU would still have problems.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Oct 14, 2015, 1:42:10 AM
Most of your problems seem to be at your end... Your PC seems way underspec'ed for this game (you could also have malware on it, or it need a re-install), so it isn't a surprise you're struggling.

It also seems you expect PoE to be an entirely different game than it is. This is a problem with your expectations, not the game.

Trading is as it is since AH's are an inherently bad idea for any game economy (D3 showed that to everyone). There are few quicker ways to kill a game economy than implementing an AH.
"
Col_Jessep wrote:
Maybe something more user friendly like Dwarf Fortress?

well nowadays there are actually so many mods which game df quite easy and playable for guys like OP ;)
an Ah would change NOTHING.

D3s Problem wasnt the AH (RM Ah was a greedy, stoopid thing nevertheless), the problem was that the droprates had to be abysmal BECAUSE of the existence of an AH.

POE is even worse, no AH but still abysmal Droprates.

POE will die if they continue to love their highly demotivational concepts like xp loss, low droprates, content gated behind rng rather than difficulty and so on.
Last edited by NomadFX on Oct 14, 2015, 11:11:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info