What happened to Lightning Thorns????

The range on it got reduced so low they almost never cast it.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
I know it was frustrating, but conceptually i actually liked the fact that builds had downsides and mobs that could beat them. fast attacking builds are lots more safer now.
"
Kranyum wrote:
I know it was frustrating, but conceptually i actually liked the fact that builds had downsides and mobs that could beat them. fast attacking builds are lots more safer now.

Lightning Thorns was replaced with Corrupted Blood for a reason:
LT is hard to see, can appear in an instant and one-shot you since you can't interrupt a cast or attack. Just like the old reflect it was a mechanic that had the potential to outright kill you without warning.

CB is more noticeable and gives you just enough time to hit your staunching flask. It keeps you on your toes but under normal conditions you can avoid any deaths to it.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
"
Col_Jessep wrote:
"
Direki wrote:
I didn't play before it was nerfed, but it seems the promenade boss' lightning thorns remains uniquely un-nerfed. It's one helluva painful noob trap!

That is correct. Especially since it is so rare, the effect is really subtle and if you don't know what to look for you will probably RIP without ever knowing why you died. That's pretty bad.

I still remember my first encounter with the promenade boss back than in nemesis. Bought my first 6L a few minutes before and was happy like a child on his first x-mas... 5 minutes later all my wealth was in Standard... didn't know what happend until I saw another QQ post in the forum. That was the last time I played Incinerate btw xD ... LT gave me a memorable moment in my PoE history, not the best one... but a memorable at least. Thanks to the QQ post I am still here otherwise I have thought this game randomly kills players for no reason ^^
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
"
Kranyum wrote:

I don't know, it's still there.

(On Tempest league)
I just use Icestorm build and Instanly-Dead-by-WTF on Promenade Boss too!
Thailand Player
"
Grughal wrote:

(On Tempest league)

LUL. Outplayed.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:

(On Tempest league)

LUL. Outplayed.

That's the promenade boss version. Which still exist's, but should in all seriousness never kill a hero.

It's a simple mater of splitting the bosses from one another and killing the mage alone last, since she cant cast it on herself. That was pretty much a self induced Rip.

No pots used at all to try and save yourself, so basically auto-piloting content :')

I miss lightning thorns though, it was a fine counter, only the cooldown had to be increased to make it more balanced so it could be outplayed.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I don't miss lightning thorns.

Back in Open Beta, Lightning Thorns could 2-3 shot totems in merciless. Battlefront was the most terrible place for totem users because you either wasted a gem slot on minion and totem resistances or watch swarms of 6+ LT guards run around reflect-kill your shit.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
i've almost killed myself on these lightning thorns a few times, its brutal on a high APS build that regularly gets herself to 20 corrupting blood stacks (at least I can see all those blood stacks!).

Having chain'd attacks bounce between a reflect rare rakango's head+tail hurts alot too.

I don't mind monster having scary thing to curb overkill dps focus builds+facerolling, but thorns should have some kind of highly visible aura and not really be a thing a monster decides to suddenly have after you engage it.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Last edited by Ruby_Lux on Oct 27, 2015, 12:36:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info