What happened to Lightning Thorns????

So I am playing incinerate and I was scared of Lightning thorns as I was when I first played this build
I was planning to run Purity of Lightning to counteract this but, in my play I have not seen a single lightning thorns spell casted.

Why remove it from the game?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It's there just nerfed heavily and the simple answer is - It was fucking stupid.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I was playing firestorm in warbands before it was cool and I learned that one of the three promenade bosses uses lighting thorns. Four casts of firestorm in one second + lighting thorns = dead
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
I was playing firestorm in warbands before it was cool and I learned that one of the three promenade bosses uses lighting thorns. Four casts of firestorm in one second + lighting thorns = dead

First time I fought that boss, she didn't cast it and I wiped the floor with her. The second time I ran in, axe swinging, self assured of victory and died almost instantly from reflect. Now I live in constant fear of lightning thorns though I've never seen it anywhere else.
Lightning Thorns is probably the stupidest fucking mechanic ever in POE. Yeah, lotta salt there. Why? Once I ran a totem char on hc and died to promenade boss with barely 1 or 2 cast of a Ball Lightning skill that did 0 actual damage itself. Unfuckingbelieveable. (thorns was cast on like the melee boss)

It's beyond stupid.

For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
"
Direki wrote:
Now I live in constant fear of lightning thorns though I've never seen it anywhere else.

I think only Blackguard Mages use it. Watch out in Battlefront, Promenade and maps with Ebony Legion troops. It seems to be rare and less problematic now though.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
I didn't play before it was nerfed, but it seems the promenade boss' lightning thorns remains uniquely un-nerfed. It's one helluva painful noob trap!
"
Direki wrote:
I didn't play before it was nerfed, but it seems the promenade boss' lightning thorns remains uniquely un-nerfed. It's one helluva painful noob trap!

She rarely casts it in my experience, especially when compared to how it used to be.
"
Direki wrote:

That is correct. Especially since it is so rare, the effect is really subtle and if you don't know what to look for you will probably RIP without ever knowing why you died. That's pretty bad.
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
Promenade boss, and shavronne are basically the only things that use it. The rest of the arc/spark mages use it but so rarely you never notice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info