[Can kill Desert Boss] L26 Vaal Molten Shell + Scold's Bridle + Emberwake + Taming

"
Shajirr wrote:
No I mean reflect rare, not maps, I don't do reflect maps on any characters.

Played this build for several days.

I give up. Can't do it anymore.

In terms of survivability it is absolute trash, utter garbage.

Maybe you accustomed to play it, but it clearly isn't working out for me, at all.

When you have VMS active, you are nearly invincible, and can kill most things super-quick, rares, exiles and map bosses alike.

As soon as VMS wears out, you die from just about anything (except chaos dmg since you're immune)
- ground bombs? dead, you are almost melee so you get caught inside them, and once you see them they go off faster than you can react in most cases, can't use WB with staff
- bunch of random blue mobs attack you at the same time? dead, since you have no mitigation of phys dmg
- got frozen when freeze removal flask is out of charges? logout/dead
- any lag, even the smallest one? dead

Its nice being able to demolish map bosses, its not so nice when all your xp flies away from random deaths when you are caught in lag/between VMS activations/when not enough charges on VMS

Yeah this build honestly kind of sucks for leveling. I would playing the consuming dark version with a shield and higher damage incinerate instead.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Unfortunately, Consuming also makes Emberwake ring completely useless when not using Taming, and that is a big dmg loss for boss battles.

Guess I'll try both Consuming / Catalyst, going back to hybrid/Cybils would require too many respec points...

Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Oct 14, 2015, 5:05:34 PM
Hmmm weird, Im running Consuming Dark version with Shield and I consider it tanky as fuck.
"
Diphal wrote:
Hmmm weird, Im running Consuming Dark version with Shield and I consider it tanky as fuck.

Yeah I just asked you about it the other day.

Currently I try to run with Catalyst instead, since switching to Consuming makes Emberwake useless without Taming, and I lose about 20% overall damage on top of that.

Also went back to Lazhwar+Rathpith - 69% spellblock with one non-legacy Rumi for 10s in nice.
With proper ES shield you do gain like 2k more ES, but still Rathpith provides more survivability overall.
Unless you get oneshot by a boss crit, but so far this haven't happened to me yet.
Last edited by Shajirr on Oct 16, 2015, 6:52:27 AM
Haaahaha, have u seen the changes coming to Poison damage? This particular Consuming Dark build is going to be even more OP :D loool
"
Diphal wrote:
Haaahaha, have u seen the changes coming to Poison damage? This particular Consuming Dark build is going to be even more OP :D loool

In the dev manifesto it is written that you will need a new support gem to let the skill apply poison stacks, so that is -1 link on VMS compared to fire-based setup, which means unless you want to gimp your VMS you will have to run i in a 6L, while Incin will be in 4L.

Also if most poison nodes will be located in the lower part of ranger's tree, they won't really be accessible.
Last edited by Shajirr on Oct 20, 2015, 10:08:52 AM
"
Shajirr wrote:
"
Diphal wrote:

In the dev manifesto it is written that you will need a new support gem to let the skill apply poison stacks, so that is -1 link on VMS compared to fire-based setup, which means unless you want to gimp your VMS you will have to run i in a 6L, while Incin will be in 4L.

Also if most poison nodes will be located in the lower part of ranger's tree, they won't really be accessible.

Ye but I meant version of this build with Consuming Dark, which has mod "Your chaos damage poisons enemies".
Last edited by Diphal on Oct 21, 2015, 7:50:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info