[Can kill Desert Boss] L26 Vaal Molten Shell + Scold's Bridle + Emberwake + Taming

Based on Diphal's Fire Lord and my hybrid VMS.

The point of this build is to push single target DPS to absurd levels while having some aoe dps.

DPS Calculator + Character Tab Stats

DPS calculator
. Shows 860k average DPS against boss with 40% fire res and 60% curse res if the fight lasts 2sec. If the fight lasts longer or the boss has less resistances, or you use a different support gem instead of inc duration, you can easily hit 1M+.

Keep in mind that I have +20% chance to ignite compared to the screens because of dory belt and flammability.

Icinerate (chance to ignite, no echo):

Vaal Molten Shell (conc effect, fire pen, echo, duration, empower):

Skill/Passive Tree+Jewels

L95 Tree

6 Jewels:
3x Sacrificial Harvest
1x Energy from Within (below Melding)
2x Spell Damage

Gear

Great overall.

The chest needs to be really strong since we don't get much ES elsewhere.

Unfortunately Chayula is necessary.

Ignite chance. I would swap boots for ele weakness maps.

Gloves are another good spot to get ES, but I couldn't find a good pair.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Oct 7, 2015, 9:08:33 PM
Hey, nice to see that you actually tried +lvl to gems setup! :) I was wondering how different it would be.

I made few changes too, kinda inspired by your build :D I'm running Consuming Dark now. Whirling blades with fortify and shield with extra ES and block change is just priceless. Also I can easily do ele reflect with -max resists, which I couldn't do before. However I didn't update the topic because nobody cares about it... and its good! At least the build won't be nerfed anytime soon :D

Funny how people are allways like: "Incinerate with 1M dps? Riiight..." or "Emberwake + Taming is additive not multiplicative you noob" while I did not even include Taming+Emberwake dps calculation... kinda got bored of arguing with them :)
Last edited by Diphal on Oct 7, 2015, 7:40:48 AM
hi, just wanted to point out, spell echo doesn't work with vaal molten shell. What happens when you press it, is it casts it twice, but since you don't anymore have souls, you get no secondary effect. Been there tried that ;p Also, the amount of damage vms provides with scold's really makes ignite entirely irrelevant, you're better off stacking cast speed in gear+skill tree. Burning simply doesn't apply fast enough to make it worth, you can see for yourself how fast things die, it's all about casts per second on inci and gem level on vms itself when it comes down to basics.
"
Ashkatar wrote:
hi, just wanted to point out, spell echo doesn't work with vaal molten shell. What happens when you press it, is it casts it twice, but since you don't anymore have souls, you get no secondary effect. Been there tried that ;p Also, the amount of damage vms provides with scold's really makes ignite entirely irrelevant, you're better off stacking cast speed in gear+skill tree. Burning simply doesn't apply fast enough to make it worth, you can see for yourself how fast things die, it's all about casts per second on inci and gem level on vms itself when it comes down to basics.

Hm not rly. But ye, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I got bored from arguing with people like you :)
"
Ashkatar wrote:
hi, just wanted to point out, spell echo doesn't work with vaal molten shell. What happens when you press it, is it casts it twice, but since you don't anymore have souls, you get no secondary effect.

How did you test this? Because it does create two animations, but you only get armor from one.

Also AFAIK echo works with stuff like vaal spark, so why not vms.

Last edited by MatrixFactor on Oct 7, 2015, 1:09:59 PM
Can this one survive ele refl if VMS linked to LL?

My own VMS version can't, but using Consuming means losing +4 skill levels on VMS (since you have to move it from staff to chest) which is a huge dps loss.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Oct 7, 2015, 3:56:31 PM
"
Shajirr wrote:
Can this one survive ele refl if VMS linked to LL?

My own VMS version can't, but using Consuming means losing +4 skill levels on VMS (since you have to move it from staff to chest) which is a huge dps loss.

You can do reflect if you replace anger with purity of fire.

18%x21%=3.78%. Warlord, LL and Doryani give 4.2%. So it's basically like playing no leech (well 0.4% of 700k is still 2.8k/sec). And a ruby flask let's you leech properly.

Yeah I'll switch to similar version then.

Btw replace your gloves ;)

950ES chest and 57ES gloves, seriously
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
"
Shajirr wrote:
Yeah I'll switch to similar version then.

Btw replace your gloves ;)

950ES chest and 57ES gloves, seriously

I dunno man, rare gloves and boots are so expensive in standard. I'm spoiled by warbands prices.

Also added a video of village ruin boss.

That's some pricey shit you posted there.

That aside, I'm glad the Incinerate + VMS + Scold's combo is still alive. Might even try it, if I ever get enough currency.

I'm curious about the Consuming Dark version mentioned before... is it tankier? What's the dps loss? Throw me some numbers! :D
Last edited by Harmona on Oct 8, 2015, 12:11:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info