Tell me what your favourite unique item is [poll]

Best: Pillar of the caged god

It's an early game unique that completely changes how you build, but doesn't do anything overpowered, and can be build around in different ways.

Honorable mentions: Dream feather, whispering ice, facebreaker, queen of the forest.

Worst: Windripper

It's just an extra good rare item, it does nothing really special.

I hate most endgame unique weapons in general, they're mostly just good rares, and don't have an interesting or impactful unique property.
Favorite: incandescent heart. Love the 2d art and love that the stats are so perplexingly counter-intuitive. I've made a successful CI build with it but I want to try to make use of it in some kind of life/es hybrid eventually.

Least favorite: windripper. Was uncontested BiS for ele/CoC bow builds before the nerf, now it's just BiS for CoC and very difficult to top for ele. There's nothing special about it, it's just an absurdly good bow. Snooze.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
My opinion isn't worth much on that matter since I don't have the currency to have tried out the more powerful uniques at all...

Best:

Well-balanced, with an effect which makes the game a lot more fun.

Worst:

Voidhome. I realize you need bad uniques to test people's skill, but reduced experience and loot - the only two things which POE is about - is making it absurdly bad.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
Last edited by scrooge999 on Oct 6, 2015, 12:02:09 PM
UPDATED TOP 10

"
Best:

Verified

Favorite (fun):

Headhunter

Worst:

Al Dinh, Essentia Sanguis, Mortem Misu, and Ornament of the East

As your favourite I took Headhunter, because you seem to appreciate the design a lot. I guess you consider a succesfully corrupted Voll's one of the most powerful items, but that's not what we're looking for. We want to know which item has the best design from a holistic game perspective.

Just like with the favourite unique, I also take the first worst unique mentioned in your post if you list multiple ones.
Last edited by Soepkieken on Oct 6, 2015, 12:48:32 PM
fav:

was the first item item i really wanted to get to run my magic find build back in open beta i even traded my x2 now legacy kaoms hearts to be able to buy it and regretted it because ggg nerfed how is easy it was to run RF low life not long after(mainly because the low life RF with void battery combos)
its still my fav item though :)

worst: there are too many bad ones that nobody uses now days

i dont even know
Last edited by NekoHanten on Oct 6, 2015, 12:59:57 PM
best: pillar of the caged god becouse of its hability to scale with a lot of things (wish int gave something else)

worst: gorebreaker becouse good design in super low base
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Best: Cloak of Defiance (just so much fun to use)

Worst: Powerlessness/any of the -1 charge jewels
Best design :

Currently the whispering ice

It's unique in every sense of the word and limits your character in it's design to fully utilize it's potential.(i don't consider this a bad thing, it forces a different perspective from the player on otherwise untapped passive tree's)

Worst design :

Shavronnes wrapping

Easily the most stupid design, in essence it does the reverse of whispering ice, takes a good mechanic that was a boon to the game as a whole and theory-craft's(low-life) and renders it mechanically and in execution on the level of a retard.

Further more it destroyed the concept of low-life for GGG and subsequently got it nerfed and neutered as a result.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Best:

Alpha's Howl

It has exactly the right amount of power and usefulness. I hate uniques that basically make you waste a gear slot to achieve something minor. Or the uniques that become mandatory for a whole archetype of builds. Alpha does it without going to the extremes in either direction. Bonus points for making it accessible via the cards.

Worst:

Shavronne's Wrappings

The whole concept of Low Life locked behind this one item (and its poor man's version Lorica). Special tree nodes and gear modifiers, a whole way of building a viable character - everything depends on this piece. And fully knowing that, GGG made it one of the rarest drops in the game. I would like to punch whoever made this mess in the face.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info