When will you upgrade the game?

"
Stratohero wrote:
"
SuperMotte wrote:

First they should upgrade performance before adding more visual crap.

Seriously? Are you playing on a laptop?

I'm so sick of the lowest common denominator pandering.

Most of the gaming community doesn't have 980 GTX's in Quad-SLI.

There are plenty of instances where people have high-end gaming computers, yet still suffer performance issues. Mostly in specific circumstances, like while playing discharge or CoC builds.

I have a mid end rig, 760 GTX and a i7 3770k and still suffer many performance issues. I play on low so I don't get framerate drops, yet I still do in maps with ground effects.

It's not the lowest common denominator, it's the most common denominator.
Last edited by zalfargia on Oct 5, 2015, 8:02:45 PM
"
Stratohero wrote:

No, that's a tech demo for a dynamic lighting effect.

To those who have an eye that can see the technical side of things, Path of Exile, like MOST games made in the past decade or so, uses dynamic lighting. The difference isn't in the technology, it's in the application. The video you linked is a tech demo, so it exaggerates the lighting in the name of showing it off.

Path of Exile is a game, and hence it focuses first on playability, rather than looking like a discotheque. Hence, lighting effects are more muted and subtle, to improve visibility.

For all how the media and mainstream likes to focus on "realism," it's often forgotten that in games, graphics actually only serve one useful purpose for gameplay: helping the player see and understand what's going on.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Oct 6, 2015, 2:26:02 AM
"
Stratohero wrote:
"
SuperMotte wrote:

First they should upgrade performance before adding more visual crap.

Seriously? Are you playing on a laptop?

I'm so sick of the lowest common denominator pandering.

Given that I play on a less than 6 month old gaming PC and is still seeing slow-downs in heavy GFX situations, I don't think it is 'lowest common denominator'.

Also, your comment makes no sense... If they made the game for the top 25%, you and everyone else of those 25% would have to buy 4x as many supporter packs to finance the game (probably even more as high-end GFX is expensive to make). This would not happen!

I think the graphics are completely fine in this game. If GGG has development resources to spare, I'd much rather they spent them on new features, balancing, and fixing bugs.
I can play Witcher 3 maxed out with 50fps, in POE I often drop to 5fps in a party and sometimes even solo when certain props appear on screen. I really doubt stacking more GPUs would help. Perhaps if GGG rewrite the game for Vulcan...
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
ACGIFT wrote:
For all how the media and mainstream likes to focus on "realism," it's often forgotten that in games, graphics actually only serve one useful purpose for gameplay: helping the player see and understand what's going on.
Sadly, PoE fails even this simple task (hello, disharge)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Ragdoll would be sweet.
Forum pvp
"
"
NeroNoah wrote:
Ragdoll would be nice, though. It makes skills feel more impactful. It's just that PoE shouldn't go over the top easily.

Pay close attention to what happens to zombies when you kill them. It's one of those quiet, overlooked always-improving things the game has undergone since CB.

Disagree re ragdoll. That shit is shorthand for good death animation. PoE already has those.

There is no amount of death animation that can compensate for a realistic rag-doll interaction of bodies with the environment, you obviously haven't played Titan Quest.
You're really asking them to remake PoE with a whole new engine, just so you can see something flop around after you kill it. Understand that.
"
holocaustus wrote:
I can play Witcher 3 maxed out with 50fps, in POE I often drop to 5fps in a party and sometimes even solo when certain props appear on screen. I really doubt stacking more GPUs would help. Perhaps if GGG rewrite the game for Vulcan...

+1. I currently use a 980 but i do not play PoE anymore so i cannot test, but 2 and a half years ago, i was using a GTX680 with a decent i7 +16gb Ram, and i was still getting massive FPS drops on PoE. I had far more stable performances on Witcher 2 with ubersampling and Crysis 3. GGG's engine is very badly optimised. It was one of my biggest complains since day one. I had stated from the very beggining that if technical issues like this, and more importantly desync, were properly adressed, i would not support the game. And i never did. Only played because it was free.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Game performance aside, PoE's animations look much better than ragdoll corpses flying all over the screen like in D3. That just looks silly and anything but realistic.

If you want realism, you should be asking for TQ's WYSIWYG loot. That was really sweet.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info