I know the patch notes are saying that map drop chances are increased but

Is it possible that they nerfed them ? At least low-mid tier ?

I started mapping at 70, i am now at 80 and still doing level 71 maps. I barely get a higher tier map to drop. With drop chance malus coming now, it won't get better...

On my ranger, before patch, it was pretty smooth to get from 68 to 76, but now ?

How are your experience after patch?
Last edited by neglience on Oct 5, 2015, 10:59:39 AM
It is possible, but it means they lied in the patch notes. I don't think they did. But some people do.

Anyway, there is no drop penalty beyond area level 66, so no worries there !
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
And flying cows exist;

CALLED RNG OP.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
Last edited by LazarusQ on Oct 5, 2015, 11:15:51 AM
Someone is going to get more than before. Someone is going to get less than before.

Threads like this one tend to consolidate all the people who got less together and they all start to think that they've been lied to. Careful with bias. Keep accurate records of drops so that "feels like" is left out of your calculations.
it's raining high tier maps for me
"
neglience wrote:
Is it possible that they nerfed them ? At least low-mid tier ?

I started mapping at 70, i am now at 80 and still doing level 71 maps. I barely get a higher tier map to drop. With drop chance malus coming now, it won't get better...

On my ranger, before patch, it was pretty smooth to get from 68 to 76, but now ?

How are your experience after patch?

So far they seem to be a little better.

If you risk a deadly map with 100% item quantity or there-about, you have a pretty good chance of getting a higher-tier map.

But you still have to do extremely deadly maps. Any build not capable of this and tries to sustain a map pool on blue or lesser rare maps is going to be disappointed.

The map situation on this game would be a lot easier to stomach if they got rid of the experience penalty on death. Or at least if they would scale it way back. That way a more variety of builds (and computers and ISPs for that matter) would be able to participate in the endgame.

Because the damage on this game is just insane - and very few builds are going to be able to live through the kind of crazy bursts you find on maps necessary to sustain a higher tier map pool. Even just a single death a week is enough to effectively stall any casual player from being able gain experience at high (90+) levels.

I haven't seen any difference in the experience I acquire either. I still barely get 1% from a level 75 map as an example. So nothing has changed in that regard. So I either misunderstood them or they played fast and loose with the truth because I haven't noticed the experience curve being leveled off any. Leveling up on this game didn't get any easier. It just got harder.

I also notice my Zana daily seems to be nerfed. I have gotten nothing but 73 maps from her and I could have swore she was giving out higher level maps at rank 8 before. But maybe I am wrong about that.

Last edited by Berylstone on Oct 5, 2015, 12:01:03 PM
You should be getting lvl 73-75 maps from lvl 8 Zana. No change unfortunately. Sometimes she gets in a slump tho. See if it continues for more than 1 more day, then kick her out of your HO (if she's lvl 8 who cares right?) and invite her back in next day or whenever you next do dailies. I had to do this a few times (pre 2.0).
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
You should be getting lvl 73-75 maps from lvl 8 Zana. No change unfortunately. Sometimes she gets in a slump tho. See if it continues for more than 1 more day, then kick her out of your HO (if she's lvl 8 who cares right?) and invite her back in next day or whenever you next do dailies. I had to do this a few times (pre 2.0).

Ok thanks for the tip.

I'll have to try that.
Chris said they were buffed in the notes. I for one don't believe the notes.
Was Chris misinformed and he lied via misinformation? I'm a believer that yes he lied, but not on purpose and there was no intentional misleading of the players in any way. He's, and GGG in general, too much of a stand up guy to do such a thing.

Probably just a coding mishap, forgot to carry the one, or commit the SVN update, or something.

I'm just hoping they are looking into it...... again.

Drudging through these low maps in the hopes that RNG smiles in my direction, with no hands on the keyboard, just using the mouse is getting really boring.

echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info