I know the patch notes are saying that map drop chances are increased but

"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Chris said they were buffed in the notes. I for one don't believe the notes.
Was Chris misinformed and he lied via misinformation? I'm a believer that yes he lied, but not on purpose and there was no intentional misleading of the players in any way. He's, and GGG in general, too much of a stand up guy to do such a thing.

Probably just a coding mishap, forgot to carry the one, or commit the SVN update, or something.

I'm just hoping they are looking into it...... again.

Drudging through these low maps in the hopes that RNG smiles in my direction, with no hands on the keyboard, just using the mouse is getting really boring.

Just to clarify - but Chris could not have lied if it was not on purpose.

Merely being misinformed or incorrect about something does not equal a lie. A lie has to be intentional - a deliberate act to deceive someone.
Last edited by Berylstone on Oct 5, 2015, 12:32:23 PM
I've seen a marked increase in the frequency of low-level map drops; usually levels 68-71.
"
Berylstone wrote:

Merely being misinformed or incorrect about something does not equal a lie. A lie has to be intentional - a deliberate act to deceive someone.

That is true and the word of our Lord Chris is taken as gospel. I will adjust my wording going forward to use such acronyms as follows so that my blasphemy does not continue.

misinformed
incorrect
faulty
misguided
mistaken
misdirected
hoodwinked
unknowing
unaware
ignorrant
wrong

Using these words will not change the results however.

echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
"
Berylstone wrote:

That is true and the word of our Lord Chris is taken as gospel. I will adjust my wording going forward to use such acronyms as follows so that my blasphemy does not continue.

misinformed
incorrect
faulty
misguided
mistaken
misdirected
hoodwinked
unknowing
unaware
ignorrant
wrong

Using these words will not change the results however.

Fair enough. :)
You really have to chisel and roll magic with beyond or pack sizebon 75 and higher. Its an expensive system and for me trade is pretty dry in standard.
"
Degent wrote:
You really have to chisel and roll magic with beyond or pack sizebon 75 and higher. Its an expensive system and for me trade is pretty dry in standard.

I'll have to try this.

I don't think I've ever got a higher tier map to drop on a magic map.
Last edited by Berylstone on Oct 5, 2015, 1:08:36 PM
From what I see the map drops did increase. Now even the Zana missions without "Find the map item" would drop maps. Before they wouldnt. It could be a tempoary RNG streak though.
Just don't forget that if someone wants to test the map drops they should do it on Standard/Hardcore Leagues. This 1Month League will always drop more maps because there are alot more magic, rare and unique enemies.
Also, GGG is most likely taking baby steps on these "map drop buffs". I wouldn't be surprised that the increase was so small that it will be hard to tell the difference.
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
"
I don't think I've ever got a higher tier map to drop on a magic map.

I was regaling after rolling the +magic monsters with beyond. But i could sustain generally 76 (occasionally get up to 80 maps) before latest patch havent mapped since patch.
I seriously dont understand the complaints. My 76+ map pool is bigger now than its ever been on standard. At the rate I get maps I don't think I could even go through them all, playing them would probably just make my map pool even bigger. It's the same for every friend I have.

I've had dry spells before so I know what an empty map tab looks like, but you've just gotta grind a dozen 75s out and they come back fast. Towards the end of the season I was getting +1 and/or +2 maps on almost every map I ran below 78 though...
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info