[2.1] SuperNova - 200k+ AoE dps ! Insane clear speed - Super fun - Atziri viable | Featured by GGG!

im currently thinking about buying a pledge. 5L first, cause money...

what would be the best idea for socket colors ?

3Blue ofc for the ice nova, conc and faster casting
but then ? the two others ?

should i go:
-3Blue 1Red for cold to fire and 1Green for added cold

or should i go for
-3Blue 2Red (cold to fire and empower) ?

but i currently can only buy a empower lvl2

where is the damage higher ?

@Dravel60 - Blasphemy is AMAZING gem, but TERRIBLE for us. The loss of herald of ice, AA, the charges and the benefits from Lightning Warp's shock makes it REALLY not worth it to use it.

If you ask me, the most fun part of this build is the warp-inside-packs style of play. So, you take that away aswell, making it a boring run-and-click type of build, which is something I always try to avoid unless its really the core playstyle of the build.

Or, did you mean to play the same but to curse with blasphemy? if so, what exactly did you change here? a bit more aoe range for the curses? thats completely not worth it.

Either way, I'd stick to the original plan. If you still find Blasphemy better for you, then sure go ahead.

@ViciouGhost - as said in the guide, for 5L drop empower.
In-Game Nick: MagicalCrime. || Main Character: Level 100 Witch (Ice Nova).

My standard shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1221095
My Loot Filter: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1313065
GTS - Stream Game: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1344346
@Dravel60
What is your current gear at the moment?
Using Blasphemy to solve mana issue isn't a very good idea. As Magical Crime mentioned, you lose out on HoI and AA (and shock if you don't LW) - and only benefit from increased curse AoE.

If mana is such a big issue, try swapping out added cold in staff to a mana leech gem until you have enough unreserved/clarity level/mana regen.

I usually do this against bosses that you can't curse - like volcano totem boss.
Last edited by PianistYang on Jan 10, 2016, 6:15:55 PM
Thank you both for your answers.

I guess the problem was indeed my terrible gear. After improving it a bit I am now able to lightning warp in the middle of packs without getting instantly blown up. I am also slowly going towards accro, which will probably help me quite a bit as well. I was just trying to rush quickly to end game without paying too much attention to my gear, hence the wall I eventually hit in cruel A4 and early merc.

And you are right indeed, using lightning warp makes for a much more dynamic and fun gameplay!

So overall, I upgraded my gear, followed your advice and switched back to the LW cursing playstyle.
Now I just need to get enough chrome to try to get a properly coloured carcass ...

Hi first of all thank You for the build, it's so much fun that it's absurd :)
This is the state I'm at now, at 72, could You give me some pointers what I should prioritize for upgrades?

I just got the gloves and I love them, with all the charges I have, I feel the damage increase and cast speed increase. I'll get Atziris boots when I can cap all other res.
Again thanks for the guide and for any pointers!

Oh and I'm still only at 2,7k life but with vaal pact and warlord's mark I dont die very often.
I also use frost wall on cwdt setup, nova pierces it and it pushes enemies from melee range so yay for me :)
Last edited by CainDarkk on Jan 10, 2016, 10:29:58 PM
@CainDarkk
What are your biggest issues at the moment?
Since you are still relatively low-level, it's hard to recommend any particular upgrade but I would probably have a look at:
1/2. Atziri boots, and then by swapping out gloves to a rare with life/res, it can help you cap whatever resistances you need.
3. Body to carcass jack - your current body doesn't have much resistance as it is, may as well get more life/dps/AoE.
Then the rest is just upgrades to helm/accessories for more life/mana/resistance/crit before you eventually start aiming for 6L on pledge.
thanks for the fast reply, well I sometimes get two shoted by some major dmg, but then the frost wall helps, I try to increase my life and dps buuuut:

my armour and amu suck atm, it was the cheapest 5l I could get earlier and the amu just dropped so I kept it, I think I'll start gathering currency for carcass, then amu, if I'm lucky I'll find someone who'll do Atziri for me and maybe the boots will drop :) I think a talisman amu with cold dmg, spell dmg and 13+ all ress should let me cap my ress :) if/when I get all those I feel like I'll be more or less set up for this league
@CainDarkk
Happy to help.
Rather than an amu with cold/spell dmg, crit modifiers would work better.
Also, as you pick up more DPS nodes in the next few levels along with your gems getting closer to 20, and then quality 20, your DPS will be high enough to freeze most monsters - such as bears/golems/whatever other monster has high life.

Good luck!

Whenever I get a little bored with POE, I come back to this build for a laugh...

It's fun, relaxing, and easy to map with.

Clearing whole rooms in one hit is very satisfying, and I love using increased area of effect with ice nova for maximum enjoyment.. :)

Increased AOE drops the DPS, but it hits everything in one go.. whooooo.. :)

And shatters everything to rubble. Love it!

R.

Why dont u take jawel sockets instead of some skills? wouldnt it be better? Some sockets can give much better then 5% critical or something..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info