Trash community when it comes to maps...

This is Wraeclast, you take what you can to survive and stomp all over the poor schmuck foolish enough to give it to you!

Seriously though, you went in to this with the wrong expectations for a few reasons:

-"Tipping" isn't so obligatory in many countries. In the US tipping is widespread in many industries, and not tipping is tantamount to not paying at all, but I don't think so elsewhere, and I don't know if a game's culture really overcomes that habit. Where are you from?

-Younger players unaccustomed to paying for things or working for money will not really get the concept of gratuity, and assume that if all you want is tips, you're just the good soul they've been looking for. It wasn't until I started working in, and knowing people who worked in the service industry, that paying a large gratuity where one is customary or requested became very important to me.

-Don't pretend to be working for tips if you actually expect to be paid. I'm sorry, but I think that's a really cowardly and dishonest way to do business. Although, I understand that in your mind, a request may have amounted to a demand, but that's a wishy washy way to communicate your expectations.
Last edited by Shaihalud222 on Oct 4, 2015, 2:25:16 PM
In Japan it's actually an insult to offer a tip.

Of course, they don't post "tips appreciated" signs. This would be slightly misleading :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 4, 2015, 2:27:38 PM
"
Bars wrote:
In Japan it's actually an insult to offer a tip.

Of course, they don't post "tips appreciated" signs. This would be slightly misleading :)

Must be hard to tip fedora's there.

And joining public parties is asking for trouble. In every online game.

Hi there,

Certain posts in this thread have been moderated to prevent locking. We welcome feedback and discussion in all forms, but are concerned that this thread may provoke responses that would breach our guidelines.

Please remember to keep your comments directed at other posters civil and free of personal attacks to prevent any moderation. We certainly want you to feel that you can voice your opinions, but we hope that this can be done in a constructive manner.

I hope you're all having a great day!
✮ Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any help!
"
PoE? PoE is the opposite of sterilised. It's got grit in every nook, cranny, fold and fissure. it is rancid with the filth of human nature.

But anything which has passed through so many kidneys must be very pure indeed...
Can't say I've had too much interaction with the in game community yet, as I havent yet made it past Cruel.

My only interaction is when I got frustrated while trying to roll a Insta-heal flask and used 100 alts and 40 augs to no success. Decided to just buy one.

While it obviously wasn't representative of the community as a whole, me and the guy continued talking for a bit a laughing about how much I had to use to get a basic flask. (RNG almost never works in my favor in any game)

So at the very least some people that trade, while not necessarily indicative of mappers I feel that at elast there are some good people in the game.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
Man, I'm liking this Little Maker fellow more and more.

:)
Accepts everyone to his maps with "tips appreciated" - complains that nobody tips.
Accepts only people who tips - complains that nobody comes.

I guess there are people who complain that you did not join their group, to "tip" them, lol. Doing maps with friends is the way to go - PUGs where always a mess, nothing to do with "community being trash".
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
It's not that bad. You can select ppl you play with. Finding mapping buddies is not hard.
But general 1 and 5055 are just infested with how we call it in dota 2 - russian feeders.

If you have ceiling for skill required to play with you. Check ppl and kick. After 10 maps there will be left mby 3-4 but with overall good knowledge about the game.

If PoE changes to "mid or feed cyka bliad" type of game we all will have to look for something else.
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Mapping with random people? I think that's called a rotation and you do it whenever you have your Master dailies up.

Not sure what this other thing you're talking about is. I only run real maps with my friends.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info