Trash community when it comes to maps...

"
Here's a thought: don't say things against the rules.

good one, thx. made my evenning. lol

hint hint: the rules actually allow for no posts which criticize ggg or the game.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
I find that the community is in love with snitching.

If you say something against the rules, some narc will report you
to a 24/7 admin who will act without a second thought.

I used to get away with never talking to anyone,
but there gets to be a point where I want to discuss things
and of course rant, and step out of line...

the last time it happened I quit for about 3 months.
I'm in no hurry to return.

for a community with so many adults in it, lets face it we
are mostly old school d2 guys. why you gotta be trolls?

not returning anytime soon.

maybe next expansion (not mini) and I wont be talking to anyone :D

totally agree with op about maturity of our ADULT community.
Not a fan of 30 year old tattle tales.

Yeah! You tell em! Back in our day we used to talk trash about anyone or anything. Dat twas before you kids came along and ruined it, you guys are such mean inconsiderate people!

And if there is something I can't stand, it is mean inconsiderate people. I hope you feel proud knowing you ruined the game for honest folk like us.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
vio wrote:
"

hint hint: the rules actually allow for no posts which criticize ggg or the game.

Do they? I thought they were more about not criticising other players. There are plenty of threads critical towards GGG.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Summary of Guidelines
Players may not make posts that contain:

R18 Material
Illegal Content
Discrimination Against Others
Discrimination Against Others Based On Gameplay Styles and Preferences
Hostile Comments
Non-Constructive Feedback or Criticism

Advertising Without Authorisation
Spam
Harmful Accusations or Speculation
Manipulation of Quotes
Posting Private Information

I guess the bolded ones could apply, but in practice it doesn't seem to make much difference. Even though it is one of the more annoying aspects of perusing the forums.

EDIT: Shit, sorry for continuing the derail.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Oct 8, 2015, 8:56:03 PM
"
"
vio wrote:
"

Do they? I thought they were more about not criticising other players. There are plenty of threads critical towards GGG.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Summary of Guidelines
Players may not make posts that contain:

R18 Material
Illegal Content
Discrimination Against Others
Discrimination Against Others Based On Gameplay Styles and Preferences
Hostile Comments
Non-Constructive Feedback or Criticism

Advertising Without Authorisation
Spam
Harmful Accusations or Speculation
Manipulation of Quotes
Posting Private Information

I guess the bolded ones could apply, but in practice it doesn't seem to make much difference. Even though it is one of the more annoying aspects of perusing the forums.

EDIT: Shit, sorry for continuing the derail.

Despite what many people seem to think, it is entirely possible to criticize GGG(or anything else for that matter) in a way that is NOT "hostile or non-constructive" and is, in fact, entirely allowed under the rules.
And this thread is, as all other thread, becoming an example of the two first words in the thread title.

But, a thread title starting with those two words, are asking for a non-constructive debate. We can blame what/who ever we want to blame for the "exotic" community (if that sounded racist, it wasn't meant that way). But ALL games have "trash community" at some point/some part. And if we include the "f2p" part, well, then it's settled.

Two quotes for the community. Give them two seconds of your time:

If you go looking for a friend, you're going to find they're very scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere. Zig Ziglar

If you're looking for sympathy you'll find it between shit and syphilis in the dictionary. David Sedaris
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
^^^ That first quote is fantastic ^^^

Remember that PoE is actively played by hundreds of thousands of people. Even if you've been around since the start and have been a prolific trader/chatter, you've interacted with at most a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the "community". Also remember that all of us can and will fall victim to confirmation bias (Cherry-picking experiences that support your hypothesis while ignoring all the others that don't) when recollecting an opined attitude or belief.

My experiences with trading and mapping with strangers has been almost always polite, or at least cordial and to-the-point. Almost always. I can recollect a few times now where I've copped abuse from a buyer not happy with my prices, for taking too long to vendor items between map runs, for not handing over a good unique that dropped for me in a PA Dried Lake party(...) etc. Maybe some of them were justified, most probably weren't. But I meet the occasional arsehole like that in real life, and I don't let it taint my viewpoint. Same with PoE, on the whole I'd say that my impression of the people who play this game that I've interacted are pretty positive.

Now global on the other hand... but global is also populated by a tiny speck of the playerbase too, and so while I might see a whole lot of argumentative, arrogant and derogatory comments in there, I also realise that it's a tiny little echo chamber and to adjust my expectations accordingly.

P.S If you're going to do something nice for another player, whatever it is, just do it because you want to be nice. Be altruistic for altruism's sake, expecting a payoff will lead to bitterness. If true selflessness doesn't actually make you happy, don't do it :)
Last edited by ProAtWorkHere on Oct 13, 2015, 2:32:40 AM
Dont tell the community to change, instead be the change you wish to see in the community.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
AgnosiousD wrote:
I find that the community is in love with snitching.

If you say something against the rules, some narc will report you
to a 24/7 admin who will act without a second thought [....]

totally agree with op about maturity of our ADULT community.
Not a fan of 30 year old tattle tales.

Sounds like what you want is the opposite of an adult community. Adults do "snitch" when members fail to hold up cultural or lawful expectations. "No Snitch" policies are the domain of youth and the ghetto which exist outside of society.

Of course, to be fair, members "snitch" most likely when it benefits themselves, and more often than not that reflects the benefit of the majority as agreed by whatever powers that be. Personally, I snitch as often as possible in life and on the internet, because I hope someone else would do the same for me (Damn thieves and vandals!). Snitching is a great way to avoid unnecessary bloodshed which would be the only recourse for crimes committed in an uncivilized society. And of course, on the internets, where tough guys who can't handle life get their kicks and power, it's all the more important, because it is the ONLY recourse, despite typical (and inane) incitement of physical superiority.
Last edited by Shaihalud222 on Oct 13, 2015, 3:08:27 PM
"
lunaticwoda wrote:

And in almost all of my games I title it something like this. "Running Maps! T10+ (tips appreciated).

Maybe you should put "No tips, not appreciated"
I want cut scenes damnit.

How can you not like steak?
My fps goes down below 20 in most pubs due the number of summoners and flame totems. It's safe and effective but a bit dull to hold down my right mouse button until everything is dead while being completely unable to tell what's happening.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info