"
Bex_GGG wrote:

"
"
Arche_the_Onion_Knight wrote:

"
"
Chris wrote:
We thought it'd be cool to reskin the UI slightly with each major expansion. This is the first such change - updating the very old HUD to the recent KaruiStone theme we're using elsewhere in The Awakening.

Oh well, my guesses where a bit off then. But I'm sorry to say, I really don't like the new UI skin, can you please consider giving us an option or MTX so that we can change it. Or is it something I just have to adapt to? It makes me sad to see the ladies go if that's the case.

Edit: Thanks for clarification.

I talked to the art team about it. It's something that they want to do in future and will try to find the time to do the necessary coding/art. They don't have any exact plans or dates for it yet.

Today Dan_GGG wrote this:

"
The HUD was changed to be thematically appropriate to Act 4, and the Awakening expansion as a whole. There's no compelling reason to change it back while that is the case, though they may change in future should the need arise.

In either case, reverting to the pre-2.0 HUD is unlikely.

Such behaviour is lowering trust level, sure. And what is worse - it's not even possible to talk about it anymore - most of the topics are locked now.

So I have an IDEA. Big one. Let's close all the topics, and if someone wants to share some thoughts - let them write to support directly.
"
Xalthotun wrote:

So I have an IDEA. Big one. Let's close all the topics, and if someone wants to share some thoughts - let them write to support directly.

Really ? Flooding support ? Because surely they have nothing better to do than answer thousands of e-mails about how some design decision does not suit somebody's personal preferences.

I'm not in favour of the general "if you don't like it, play something else" response, because feedback is important, and I think GGG has demonstrated on many occasions already that they think so as well, but seriously, they should not get bothered for something so insignificant as what kind of decorations sit next to the globes.
They fixed desync, for Pete's sake !
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
It was sarcasm... I thought it was pretty obvious.

Now telling it directly: closing discussion in such manner as we observed today is in my opinion very bad option. Smells like censorship.
"
Xalthotun wrote:
It was sarcasm... I thought it was pretty obvious.

Well, there's a fine line somewhere, but I forgot my glasses today.

Anyway, the way I see the problem (not that anybody should care) is that the moderators and the users are not on the same page as regards the function of this forum. Threads are getting locked because they become stale and stop being constructive, which is absolutely normal if it is meant as a tool for the devs to know what's going on. If, on the other hand, it is meant as a chat room for players, then lack of constructivity is generally the rule and should be allowed.
But GD seems to be in some grey limbo between Feedback and Off Topic. I would think the second option is more logical. That being said, I'm not a forum moderator, so the number of clues I have is pretty close to none.
I just got a poll asking if people approve of forum moderation locked and the link to the poll removed.

There was no other justification except "we prefer users to discuss moderation with support" (given on PM, not in the locked thread).

This is appalling.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
It's amazing how fast this thread got derailed from bashing the designers to bashing support.
Get back on topic people ^^
Last edited by Xalthotun on Oct 2, 2015, 1:09:40 PM
I believe.

Has my resolution waivered from time to time over the years? Yes. But imo there isn't a company that does it better atm. Of course they're not perfect, no one is. But they constantly strive for improvement, and that speaks volumes.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Ok they deleted my post.

So they make fun of us, about increasing maps drop. Just did gold Shrine map. NO DROP MAP AT ALL!!!.
Please, nobody ever said there would be guaranteed map drops. Run thousands of them and you will see that on average you get more maps. Run just one, and you might get dozens of maps or none at all. Doesn't mean anything.

Edit: also, they didn't delete anything, they just moved it to Feedback: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1434100.
Last edited by LazarusQ on Oct 2, 2015, 2:21:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info