Do you believe ?

"
Hodari wrote:
I trust that they are doing what they believe will improve the game overall. It may not always be what everyone else thinks is best, but it is at least what THEY think is best for the game. And they generally have FAR more data to back that up than we do. They're obviously not right ALL the time, but the game has certainly been successful enough and I'm definitely still enjoying it even after thousands of hours playing, so they can't be doing THAT badly.

"
Gluttony93 wrote:
lost my faith a bit when they released the awakening supporter pack and there was a glitch with one of the amulet skins that caused item values to be set to 0. Result was that some guy SPEND MONEY TO SUPPORT THE GAME AND AS A REWARD THEY RUINED HIS LEGACY SHAVS. Wouldnt have been a problem, except they refused to fix it.

And I also believe that it is exremely intellectually dishonest of you to make it sound like they INTENTIONALLY ruined his item or to say that they "refused" to fix it when the odds are far more likely that, as they claimed, they were UNABLE to do so for technical reasons.

Whoa dude, learn to read. where did i say it was intentional? Do you not know what a glitch is? Instead you throw around accusations and make it sound like somehow I'm the evil guy for not supporting a company that fucks up and then refuses to fix its mistakes.

Also, to the guys saying that the shavs is now a collectors items and much more valuable... i believe its still floating around, why not go and buy it for 200ex like you make it sound it is worth... oh wait, no you wouldn't. Imagine you log in and suddenly your 500dps mirror weapon lost its flat phys and its now a 300 dps weapon. Would love to see you guys reaction when ggg goes "welp, not my prob."
Last edited by Gluttony93 on Oct 3, 2015, 7:01:49 AM
GGG has always had a no refund policy. They believe that The game will be better if all the items that exist were created by the game, not by them. As result support can't fix an item no matter how much they wanted to. This policy can be bashed by bringing up specific cases but it has the pro that there has never been a cases were support has been tricked into giving away a shavs or something.

More power to the guy with the 181 quality muliistrike. He is actually aloud to keep it.

I trust Chris and this game philosophy of his.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Do you believe GGG any more

Yes.

"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
I want to believe their patch notes, I want to believe that they are listening to feedback, suggestions, reading all posts.

They are. There simply isn't enough time to respond as often as the players would like. Personally, I would be worried if they spent more time on responding than they did on working on the game.

"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
When it comes to the map drops being increased, not once, but twice now ...I am on the side of, I don't believe GGG and I don't trust anything they say on maps anymore. Proof is in the pudding as they say.

Gary Gygax warned DM's about Monty Haul campaigns - essentially where the players are given so much that they have little incentive to continue playing. I'm sure one of the Devs could give an exact number of how they actually did and are improving map drops.

If it isn't enough, they will look at it again and give it another tiny boost.

"
buhdunkadunk wrote:
Anyway I'm going to run some maps this weekened and see what I see, but I wanted to hear other folks thoughts on whether they trust GGG anymore. Please refrain from turning this into a map drop discussion even though I used that as my example.

Discuss.

Good luck and report back on your experience with the changes. I still have faith in GGG, and their long term vision and decisions. If they could ever have legacy skill trees so I wouldn't have to rebuild/alter characters, I would be happy as a clam with Wi-Fi.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I know that even people in New Zelend need money to live so I don't have to belive that GGG is listening to players. I know it.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Oct 3, 2015, 5:09:24 PM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
I know that even people in New Zelend need money to live so I don't have to belive that GGG is listening to players. I know it.

Look for the microphone under your desk. If it has a symbol that looks like a square number 2 and six red L.E.D lights, than practice saying ".leam yreve hsurb dna slebategev ruoy taE !werdnA iH" backwards and whisper that into the microphone.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Oct 4, 2015, 6:29:27 AM
Honestly, no, I don't.
The expansion was extremely disappointing and their sheer lack of respect to their community over the globe thing, makes me fear for the future of this game. By no means should you listen to your playerbase over everything, otherwise you'd have to nerf something every time someone died in pvp, but this was an aesthetic change that people really cared about.
I believe in GGG. I think they are doing a fine job even if I don't agree 100% with everything they do. There are a number of things I would do differently but this game is still a hell of a lot of fun just the way it is.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
"
DalaiLama wrote:

Good luck and report back on your experience with the changes. I still have faith in GGG, and their long term vision and decisions. If they could ever have legacy skill trees so I wouldn't have to rebuild/alter characters, I would be happy as a clam with Wi-Fi.

Well it was a complete bust with lots of laughs.... 3 dicks and a twat party and complete f*^k all for map drops amongst each of us in rotation. We're even out of Vaal now.

I ( and our guild after 3 days of this) are firm believers that the map drop buff didn't actually happen. That being said let the discussion continue, there are some very good posts in here. I on the other hand am very jaded now so I'm done with articulating my thoughts and will just grunt and bump from now on.

echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Last edited by buhdunkadunk on Oct 4, 2015, 10:42:00 AM
A firm believer after just three days ! I find your excess of faith disturbing.

Nah but seriously, how do you expect to be able to tell from only three days of just your own experience whether something was changed in the game mechanics ? Do you know how long it would take to even have just a good guess at the probability of a map drop ? Months, at least. Without exaggeration.
Save a Carrot, Eat a Rabbit!
"
LazarusQ wrote:
A firm believer after just three days ! I find your excess of faith disturbing.

Nah but seriously, how do you expect to be able to tell from only three days of just your own experience whether something was changed in the game mechanics ? Do you know how long it would take to even have just a good guess at the probability of a map drop ? Months, at least. Without exaggeration.

( removed by me because I can ). This isn't just about maps... Friendly reminder :)

Feel free to believe everything they say, that's up to you and there is nothing wrong with that. I don't believe them any more and there is nothing wrong with that either. I'm just 1 fish in a big pond that has lost faith and felt they should know why in case I am not alone.

Grunt ^bump
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
Last edited by buhdunkadunk on Oct 4, 2015, 1:14:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info