<CRYPT> is recruiting

Hi my name is EasyListening and I am the guild leader of <CRYPT>. We are a smaller guild that is made up of people all over the world, and I am looking to fill out the roster a bit more with some new active players. After some discussion, I am leaving recruitment open till further notice. I want to make sure we have a good solid group that we can race together with.

One of our members just hit level 100 in the SC Flashback league, Tabbs. He finished #8 on the ladder. We're done with the Flashback leagues, and are moving our focus onto the next temp league.

Currently, we are gearing up for the next 1 month SC race. Some will be playing standard, and will be playing hardcore,,, it's up to them where they want to play. Voluntarism ftw. I love races. I think the next season is going to be the best ever. I want my 1000 points. That belt looks rad. I think racing in an ARPG is one of the most brilliant ideas ever. Not everyone agrees on that ok fine. But the gameplay in PoE is something special. If only it lagged less. Sigh. But anyways....

If you're a PoE player, and you are not participating in the races, you should at least check out the streams. This game is about skill, haven't you heard? It's not about how many hours you can play, it's not about how much currency you have. It's about making the right decisions quickly,,, doing multiple things at once, including not blowing yourself up. You can go complete nolife and try to win races just by playing longer than the competition, but if you lack skill, you will die, over and over, losing all xp you gained, over and over.

And.... that is awesome. We are enthusiastic about Path of Exile. I love this game, as do the rest of my guildmates. We're having fun. Being part of a good, active guild is so important. If you don't believe me, join for one week. After one week you tell me if it's more fun to solo than to run with us. We realized long ago, long before we found this guild, that this game is alot more fun when played with friends. This game is about cooperative online play. If you don't believe me, that's ok, you'll come around eventually, if you stick around long enough.

About half of our active players are from outside the U.S.. We have a few players from South America, and several from Europe. One of our guys is an American living in Japan. My goal as guild leader with this recruitment drive is to find enough members so that there is always a small group on Teamspeak who can play together, as guildmates, in any timezone.

One of the reasons I kept this guild small through the summer was that I wanted to create something like a family as opposed to something larger. Originally, when I first posted this thread, I was planning on closing recruitment at the end of the Flashback leagues. However, we are now into the next race, and yet I don't feel comfortable closing recruitment just yet. I'm leaving recruitment open for the present duration. I am trying to avoid creating a guild where people hardly know each other.

When I recruited the original members of CRYPT, I needed people I could trust. I had but a few people with whom I played regularly. These were people I could play with and share the various items I had in my stash without worrying about people running off with my stuff. I have been playing since beta and I had amassed quite a collection of items. When my guildmates were looking for certain items for builds, oftentimes I had the items already and I would loan them or gift them to them for free.

I told my guildmates when recruiting them that I was the only one that they should expect to play in that way, that is, sharing items in that way. I told them that they could expect that I would lend them anything I had if they needed it, but they themselves were not expected to play in that way. I told them if something drops to you, it's yours. Only share with others if you want to, don't feel like I'm compelling you to donate to the guild or something.

Alot of times I already had an item that dropped, so I'd let someone else grab it. Thanks to some good karma or something, I was able to get semi-rich by selling 5 and 6 links. That was a while ago though. Those days are gone. Standard's economy is now so hyperinflated it's practically Weimar Germany. It sucks trying to sell stuff there. You can get anything you want for relatively cheap, but good luck trying to get rich. In temp leagues though, people will spend a lot of currency getting their characters up and running quickly. Good drops early on will be clutch. Don't go solo, that is fail. Our guy is top 10 because we have a whole guild giving him items, currency, maps, whatever he needs to keep the xp flowing. Group racing is fun fun fun.

Our present status: sleeping. Right now teamspeak is dead.... not good. I'll keep you updated about how we're doing after the next temp league opens, I'm betting that things will be much better.

Rules and regulations....

My policy until recently was to not force people to get on teamspeak. I still won't make it mandatory, but new recruits should not underestimate the benefits of getting on voice comms with the rest of the guild. First of all, alot of the time people are too busy to chat via text. Second of all, we have a pretty funny group of guys. Our teamspeak is not exactly a magical place, but it's still pretty special. I guess the main reason I'm considering making it mandatory is that people who don't use voice comms become second class citizens. They don't hear us chattering away in TS so they might get the false impression that the guild is quiet. For a while we had 10-15 people online in TS at peak hours.... right now it's quiet... I guess people are just burnt.

Currently, I am especially looking for people who live in or near GMT. I need maybe 5-10 more people in Europe to group up with the Europeans who we've already got. I love our Euro timezone peeps, and I would hate to lose them because they felt we weren't active enough during their regular playtime hours.

The ideal candidate is:
Kind
Generous
Friendly
Funny
Unselfish
Gracious
Competitive
Persistent

-ez
Last edited by xcedrinod2 on Nov 3, 2015, 1:24:10 AM
Bump.

I forgot to mention that yes, we will be doing the one-month league. I've been trying to get more people to race with me but so far it has been myself and only one other guildmate who have been participating.

At the beginning of this season I actually got 10th Duelist in a race, and I've been top 20 Shadow a few times now. If you race it would be awesome if you applied. I definitely want more racers in the guild.

Cheers,
-ez
<CRYPT> is still recruiting.

So far, so good. We've gotten something like 5-6 new members. We're excited about the 1 month league, and as the start of the race approaches, people are catching up on rest or testing out build ideas up to the last minute like me.

If you're looking for a good, small guild, drop me a line. PM'ing me through the PoE website seems to be the best way to reach me if I'm not online. Let me know you're interested in joining and I'll give you our Teamspeak address so you can hang out with us a bit if you're not sure if CRYPT is right for you. Maybe once you hang out with us a bit in voice chat you'll be ready to join. Or maybe it won't be for you and you'll move on to checking out other guilds.

No worries. It's all about these 4 letters: GL HF.

-ez
The new league has started and <CRYPT> is in it to win it. Ok, well maybe not. But we're doing super well as a group, muleing items for others, sharing important drops, keeping each other informed about what is happening to other guild members so decent drops can go to people who need it right away.

I had some pretty crazy good luck with drops, but one of our new members got crazy super lucky with a Death's Harp that dropped to another guild member. It was the one item he knew he needed from before the race started, and he kept checking the relevant places to see if one had come up for sale.

If you are interested in joining us, please leave a PM here on this website for me and I'll catch up with you in-game. And, if you haven't checked out the new league, you should know that you're missing out on one of the funnest aspects of PoE... group racing. It doesn't matter that the league has already started. You can still join up with us and help us get established in the new league. We want to get to mapping asap. Come and help!

-ez
Still recruiting....

Latest update from the field...

One of our members needed a cybil's paw for his build, and we prepared to buy one off the market if one appeared. Instead of buying one, we got one when it dropped to another member. Talk about lucky RNG.

We also saw our first exalted orb drop, and some of the higher lvl players are sitting on a bunch of chaos orbs at this point.

We had people muleing gems and gear for the rest of the guild, we had some people racing to waypoints to help people navigate through the content faster... we're learning how to play as a team.

We've got a lvl 65 (76th place in league), a 45, and two in the high 50s. Me, I'm only in the 30s... ok... but I was catching up on sleep :P

-ez
ok so we're getting weirded out about our luck....

we have gotten (as drops):

drillneck
maligaro's
death's harp
geoffri's crest
brutal emperor
cybil's paw

...and more, including an exalted orb and many chaos orbs.

i wonder what the other groups are seeing in the new league....

gl hf,
-ez
One of our members is in the top 10 of the SC 1 month league!

Good luck Tabbs, lots of people are watching you climb the ladder like a boss. Your friends in CRYPT are proud of you. We'll be working to hold onto our position as a guild over the next few weeks, till the end of the race.

An honorable mention goes to Sin, who's mapping with Tabbs, and is in the top 200 himself.

Keep up the pro work ladies and dudes,

-ez
Im Interested in joining, I mostly play hardcore, sometimes standard but rarely, game is boring with out people to play with :P
Awesome. I'll get you a guild invite as soon as I see you. I've also just sent you a PM with some relevant details.

I only do hardcore when racing but one of the new guys has a hardcore character in the 80s. I find that pretty impressive. For the most part we do standard, but right now, most of the active players are doing the flashback league.

One of our guys, Tabbs, hit #6 on the ladder before getting some sleep, and we are trying to make sure he stays in the top 20. Last night, a sire of shards dropped for me, which was awesome. I gave it to Tabbs who traded it for a Rathpith, which should give Tabbs a nice boost. He's gotta work today but when he gets back on he's gonna be tearing up some more maps with the other mappers.

I'm running liftingnerd's magic finder poison arrow scion build and it's coming together very nicely. Leveling was tough in the beginning with PA on a silverbranch, so I switched to leveling with a big two hander running cleave and double strike, but when I hit 50 I was able to start using a +2 bow that one of my guildmates picked up and gave to me. Now my build is working pretty well with something like 2500 chaos dmg per sec. I've got a lot of headroom there but it's a gear issue, not a problem with the build. I'm farming docks at lvl 65 getting ready to finish up act 3 merc, so it isn't like I'm waaaaay up there or anything. I'm guild leader but I'm definitely not the best or fastest or even the most knowledgeable player. I play a supporting role, and I'm good at it.

In other news, I joined a pub group last night and ended up recruiting one of the people in the group.

Cheers,
-ez
Recruiting for the 1 month is still open!

Another person contacted me about joining. Things are going so great for CRYPT right now that I feel so proud to invite people to the guild. Our new recruits seem really happy to have found a good guild.

We're tearing up the SC Flashback league, and having a lot of fun doing it. Right now online we have one lvl 50, a 77, a 74, a 84, and a lvl 90, and me, lvl 68 playing SC Flashback. I had to buy more guild member slots yesterday, and bought us a new Teamspeak server.

GL HF,
-ez
Last edited by xcedrinod2 on Oct 7, 2015, 2:05:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info