Map Changes in 2.0.4

Stop gating endgame content behind rng. It doesn't work, ever.
diablo 2 pre-expansion: go pick up an item that is always there, reach end-game. End game -> very hard if you are weak.
Every other game: Beat x, get to experience y.
POE: Beat x 800 times, never get to experience y.
"
Chris wrote:

Experience in Top Maps
Due to the increased levels of content in The Awakening and the ever-improving skill of our best players, people are reaching level 100 too quickly. Watching the intense challenge as players complete to reach this amazing accomplishment would be more fun for the community if it lasted longer.

Wait a second!
1.) "best players" and then "people" ['are reaching level 100 too quickly'] ???
What is it really?
First) 'people' are NOT reaching Level 100 too quickly!!!
Second) As I mentioned in another thread earlier GGG is running a vendetta against
high-tear/-skilled/-wealthy gamers, who are playing this game 14h+ a day.
2.) If GGG only wants players that play their game 14hours a day, it's ok.
Then GOOD LUCK! selling microtransaction to those that keeps the company running.
IMHO a game should encourage even Newbees to stick to the game and buy microtransactions.
3.) I'm curious if and when this game evolves as an only 'high-skilled' ARPG where 'normal
gamers' have no chance to survive high maps or even reach Level 100 'soloing'.
4.) to Maps: in my personal opinion I hated the fact, that I am running f.e. a 75er map
and suddendly a 68er map drops!! Let me check my knowledge:
a.) blue packs can drop maps +1
b.) yellow mob can drop a map +2
c.) Endboss can drop am map +3

Right?
So why is no restriction up to the lower level ????
In my opinion mobs should only drop maps -2. (to upgrade this map it costs you 9
lower maps {3x3} to reach the starting level of this specific map).

And last but not not least:
Changing the 'name' of the maps (tears) is one of the last tries GGG to improve the
game, but putting the cart before the horse.

IMHO GGG is going in an totally wrong direction!
Let my be the 'ignorant' Chris Wilson for a second!
1.) I would cancel 1 difficulty totally ('normal' to encourage Newbees; and then
'merciless' for a more "skillness")
2.) And when new players have managed 'normal' and even 'merciless' (and bought
some microtransactions) then they have to manage maps!!!

Oh.....why cancelling 1 difficulty? Chris Wilson, did you ever had a look at Diablo?
Blizzard 'invented' the adventure-mod, because no gamer wants to play the stupid story
over and over and over and over and over and over again!

Thats my opinion.
I am too sad, GGG made a good idea (phenomenal customizing for an ARPG) running
to dead; or should I say: only good for 100 Exalted-Orbs-players.

Greetings!

P.S.: I bought a lot of microtransactions here; but no longer GGG got this better.

My InGameName: Aui
So basicly for the individual player nothing will change exept maps r coulored in whit crayons now and instead of maplevel we now have maptier.
Well thank god for these changes cause that was my nr 1 issue whit maps the colours and the name so glad ggg is adressing these problems.

Spoiler
this was sarcasm btw
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
Vyko wrote:
You don't need tiers of maps, just rename level maps like this:

68-70-72-74-76-78-80-82-84-86-88-90-92-94-96-98
Aaaaaaaand we have a winner!
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Really guys? You want to make maps even more confusing for the average player? I am getting sick of using third party websites to figure out how to play this game properly and you keep making it worse instead of better. How the hell is a level 85 player supposed to know what level map they should run for the best experience?

Let's see. Go to http://poetools.com/experience-penalty/ . Put in level 85. Put in 75% exp or better. Okay so I would have to run level 74 maps or higher to get 79% experience or better from that map. Now I need to figure out what tier I should do. 68=1 so 69=2, 70=3, and 74=7. Cool so now I know I need to run tier 7 maps to get decent experience at level 85.

Cool process. Jesus.

Now what item level drops at t7? Is that the same or is that changing too?
"
phmn wrote:
"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
Now that lv 100 is absolutely not achievable for casual players, they will lose incentive to play that much sooner.

Creating content (maps, achievements) that only a few players will ever see is a waste of development resources. Those few players are not paying enough to justify it (unless GGG is actually funded by Etup).

And telling people to go play another game is really fucking stupid. A game developer who likes his job will never tell players to go play another game.

Level 100 is meant to be a challenge for the few. Otherwise everyone could get to level 100 (making it not that much of a challenge) and then people would ask for GGG to raise the cap.

What you are saying is that people's main incentive should be to reach level 100 to feel they have completed the game. However if it was easy it wouldn't be much of a challenge, everyone who is not a complete casual player and is a bit dedicated would have an 100 level character. How could you distinguish the super dedicated players then?

Regarding the content, you don't need to reach level 100 to play the top tier maps. Reaching level 90 is essentially the cap for most players, anything else is just for people who play the game 24/7 or have support teams behind them giving them maps and loot.

I'm in no way saying that reaching lv 100 should be the main incentive to play. It should be (was) one of the incentive to keep playing. It was already extremely hard for all by the very top players. Now it's completely impossible. Instead of making it easier (not saying that it should be easy!) to invite more people to try it, they made it harder. And they based that decision on the progress of the tiniest of minorities.

The super dedicated players don't need to be distinguished in any such way. You already know them from their streams and youtube channels. And they don't require any new stimuli. They are already addicted to the game and will play it and buy MTX regardless. This latest change simply cuts off a whole lot of other players from spending more time in the game.

And I'm not saying that you need lv 100 to play the top tier maps. It's the other way around. Those maps are gated from all but a handful of players. How many players have seen the lv 82 maps or even know their names? This is literally 'Etup content'. Why did GGG even bother creating it? Nobody is going to see it except the 0.1% of 0.1%.

Saying that leveling to 100 was too easy was the most asinine statement I've heard from GGG.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Vyko wrote:
You don't need tiers of maps, just rename level maps like this:

68-70-72-74-76-78-80-82-84-86-88-90-92-94-96-98
Aaaaaaaand we have a winner!

This.
Actually you can call maps whatever you want. Just put an experience calculation on the map when you highlight it that shows the %exp you will get from that map.
I laugh at this change and the person suggesting it, "Level" to "tier". Seriously, no. If you really want to use that "le tier", put the bracket for recommended level for that tier. Pity those newer player referring to wikis for additional info. Many already need to use 3rd party for le trade, don't be lazy for putting a few word inside a bracket.
"
Chris wrote:

Map Levels are now Tiers
There are 15 tiers of maps, from level 68 to 82 inclusive. We've struggled for ages with the confusion caused by this. Players expect to play maps of their level (which can be way too hard for them), or make arguments about that they're level 95+ and can't find a level 80 map. Players with backgrounds in contemporary MMORPGs expect to play content equivalent to their level.

In order to resolve this confusion, maps now display a tier rather than a level. The level can easily be calculated. Tier 1 is level 68 (or level 66 if it's an old map graphic).

Sorry Chris but this is completely stupid. Instead of fixing anything you just rename it? High level players don't want to run low level maps all the time. Now that they are not called low level maps anymore but low tier maps you expect us to enjoy them? I'm really sorry but I'm completely honest when I say that this is the most stupid thing I ever came across in my more than 20 years of gaming. /facepalm
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info