Map Changes in 2.0.4

"
DonJangles wrote:
what happened to Diablo 3 and WoW? Look no further than the response to this manifesto! Blizzard decided to actually listen to people like this...... Stand strong GGG, stand strong.

You seem to be misunderstanding. Nobody is calling for a replication of Diablo 3's system. Well. Some people are, I'm sure, but a lot of the complaints in this thread are valid. They're just not being presented in a helpful way.
"
1988288 wrote:
"Level" change to "tier" is WAY MORE confusing.

Could not agree more...
Interesting, interesting
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
Wow, they really do balance the game around the top streamers!

Leveling to 100 was too fast? Really? For whom? How many Warbands and Tempest players got to 100? What percentage of the total PoE player base is that?

In other words, GGG says to the casual player, 'Forget about lv 100. You are not getting it, ever'.

With lv 100 completely out of reach, one of the incentives to spend more time on a character is gone. Casual players will be playing less PoE.
Awesome changes to maps. I was finally getting to mid tier maps and feeling the pain of not being able to sustain 79 or even 78 maps. Alcing and running 74s is fun and all but I prefer the challenge and exp of higher tier maps. Maps are awesome, give us more and include lore!
"
Badfox14 wrote:
POE seems to be run and periodically re-worked to cater to a very small number of its' ultra-dedicated rabid players. It appears NOT to be in any way a Democracy. I would love to see statistics which show what % of POE players have characters that have reached lvl 80, lvl 90, lvl 95, and lvl 100. I've played a LOT since POE's inception (approx. 3,000 hrs) and do not yet have a character over lvl 90. Maybe that's because I get bored with the never-ending grind for exp and frustrated with the catastrophic loss of 10% exp when I die from bad internet connection, lag, freeze, de-sync, etc.(or just from careless play technique). When I hear that leveling must be made harder because it's too easy to reach lvl 100, I think "WTF are they talking about?" Not even having a lvl 95 character doesn't bother me. What does bother me is when GGG (a great bunch of people who I admire and thank for making such a great game) caters to the 0.1% of its' top players and repeatedly nerfs the game or certain skills or character types to appease the few players who think POE is getting too easy or "unbalanced". Why not take the time to find out what ALL of the players want from Path of Exile? Send a comprehensive questionnaire to EVERY player by email and ask how they feel about various aspects of the game and what they would like to see done. Only in this way will GGG actually know what ALL of their loyal players want from POE. That is, if they really care to know.

couldn't agree more
"
Toshis8 wrote:
"
"people are reaching level 100 too quickly"

GGG, could you please stop making people harder to reach lv100 by just looking at how fast those 1% player reaching lv100.? It sounds ridiculous for me.

+1
+ another 1
"
AxxiusEQ wrote:
Wow, they really do balance the game around the top streamers!

Leveling to 100 was too fast? Really? For whom? How many Warbands and Tempest players got to 100? What percentage of the total PoE player base is that?

In other words, GGG says to the casual player, 'Forget about lv 100. You are not getting it, ever'.

With lv 100 completely out of reach, one of the incentives to spend more time on a character is gone. Casual players will be playing less PoE.

They balance content that the top streamers are the ones doing, yes. Casual players don't really need to focus on getting to level 100 because it is not required for any build. Going off of what I believe is GGG's stance on the matter, level 100 isn't something that a lot of players should be able to easily achieve.

Incentive to play the game more also has nothing to do with leveling to 100, but lets say they change it, let's say they go in the complete opposite direction and make it so casual players can achieve 100 in a reasonable amount of time. What new incentive is there once you get to level 100????? You lose incentive to play a character when you hit level cap in a game. If you want a game where level cap means nothing, play Diablo 3.

TL:DR Level 100 is something only a few should be able to get, so GGG will balance it around how fast those few people get there.
Last edited by DonJangles on Sep 24, 2015, 10:32:18 PM
"
StormchaserZA wrote:
No matter how many maps drop. The same boring CRAP content. None the OMG stuff you see from streamers AND this is what makes this game boring these days.

Spoiler
We are the KINGS of CRAP loot.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Why complain about the difficulty of reaching lvl 100 if you have never gotten there or even close? GGG tailors these experiences to the people who actually get close to it.

The people who run 6 man groups for 6-10 hours a day are the people reaching level 100 in any decent time frame, and the game needs to take these people into account and hit them where needed, and it has nothing to do with people like us. Nothings going to change for solo players wanting to reach 100, its still going to be next to impossible for temp-league solo and standard really isn't a huge concern for GGG it seems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info