[2.0] Incinerate totem MF | 150k DPS solo | 366iir/84iiq Warbands | 73-82 Mapper! | Videos | Culler

"
Rutzy wrote:
So I just noticed your tree doesn't take totemic mastery. I'm trying to figure out if I want that, reduced crit dmg, or follow your tree more. currently level 79.

totemic mastery (left of scion wheel):
4 points
36% totem damage
6% cast spd
16% totem life, dura, placement speed (!)
plus extra point (with this extra point you could just grab a 3% cast speed node)

witch tree nodes:
5 points
9% cast spd
28% spell damage

Thoughts?

Aye i've crunched those numbers a few times, ended up not taking it, if i recall it right, the overall dps dipped a bit by taking it, but gaining a few other advantages (more totem life and placement speed).

"
r3dd09 wrote:
"
Kazamieras wrote:
Hi, I'm thinking of running this build as an MFer in Standard, where i have a legacy IIQ gem; in that case how would you link that?

I was thinking Spell Totem-Incinerate-Faster Projectiles-Fire Pen-IIR-IIQ for solo and Spell Totem-Incinerate-Culling-Fire Pen-IIR-IIQ for groups, to avoid having to recolour my slots between group and solo play.
Thoughts?

find a different MF build. I've spent a lot of hours on this build this league, and I'm not very satisfied with it. Survivability is subpar compared to all the other MF builds I've done and I've invested the most into this build (go figure).

It's fun in the beginning, and maybe it'll be better in a standard league without all the crazy mods going on in 1 month. I'm just dying a whole lot more with this build over any other totem/mf build i've played. YMMV

Most full MF builds will have the same hp essentially due to having to equip tons of MFing uniques. I've remedied it with using Kaoms when needed.

I've also done atziri deathless, 80-82 maps, poorjoys deathless etc, so while it's squishy, it's definately playable. Shame you didnt enjoy it though. The Beyond mods are really rough on an already squishy char though, I had no issues in Warbands. (My first non-hc league in 4 years, yey).
"
krilox wrote:
"
Rutzy wrote:
So I just noticed your tree doesn't take totemic mastery. I'm trying to figure out if I want that, reduced crit dmg, or follow your tree more. currently level 79.

totemic mastery (left of scion wheel):
4 points
36% totem damage
6% cast spd
16% totem life, dura, placement speed (!)
plus extra point (with this extra point you could just grab a 3% cast speed node)

witch tree nodes:
5 points
9% cast spd
28% spell damage

Thoughts?

Aye i've crunched those numbers a few times, ended up not taking it, if i recall it right, the overall dps dipped a bit by taking it, but gaining a few other advantages (more totem life and placement speed).

I thought totem damage would be the same or better as it should be applied to the end of everything? I'm not too familiar with the mechanics
My Ask is:If you use Arc + culling strike if this works?I know you have no dmg but cullingstrike work???
"
soha77 wrote:
My Ask is:If you use Arc + culling strike if this works?I know you have no dmg but cullingstrike work???

Yes, Culling strike does not have to do damage in order for it to work.

@Rutzy I didnt save the experimental skill trees, but afaik the dps was 2-500 higher without totemic mastery.
Hey man I was wondering if you could not go BM and just go with a 3 aura setup taking arctic armor + herald of ice + anger. Here is my current tree:

Passive skill tree build

Would this set up be as good or would I lose out on too much damage by going 3 auras? I'm currently level 77 and have a lifepool around 3.6k. However i'm sitting around 6K~ sheet dps on totems, though i'm not sure how much damage I will have once I hit 90.
Last edited by Duke_Zaphias on Nov 5, 2015, 4:57:55 AM
edited: didnt check primary tree
Life isn't what you make of it, it's already been made for you.
Last edited by Thunder0258 on Nov 13, 2015, 7:32:35 AM
Dusting off this one again for the new 3-month, don't feel mf builds are worth it in 1-month leagues (even though i definately should've done it for darkshrines..).

Will answer questions etc, sorry for the late replies :)
played this in the darkshrine SC league.

Even if it's SC, i still aim to play like it was HC, so avoid any death.

On this char, on my way to 85 i died most often.(compared to PA/FT/Incin Block).

All of these deaths were usually oneshots from a bow mob.

What i changed at lvl 84, and i am sailing smooth without deaths since lvl 83, is

get some armour (helm) / and or exchange the greeds with a > 1.8k armour chest and get a CWDT / IC / MS / ID. If needed, cast enduring cry manually.

The other important thing is move move move. If you stand still, you are dead.

cheers

Sweet
Is this build still viable for MF? Playing TS/Puncture ranger and need now MFer to make some currency.

Are totems still good for mf in 2,1 of there are better options? Heard PA is great but dont wanna play second bow build. After Incinerate nerf Inci totem still better than flame totem?

What tree you would recommend? Scion normal or alternative with Heart of Flame?

And why you did not took Totemic Mastery nodes? They look strong for totem builds.
Last edited by Asag on Dec 30, 2015, 6:30:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info