Development Manifesto: Warbands and Tempest Content

Why dont you just add the tempest feature to maps only? I think most people would enjoy that as permanent content
"
OneBuffalo wrote:
Why dont you just add the tempest feature to maps only? I think most people would enjoy that as permanent content

yeah , they will not add , because we gonna get too many maps and drops ...

i do not understand this politic , they do everything to loose the rest of the players ..

"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
Last edited by zeldzioszka on Sep 22, 2015, 7:01:57 AM
Tempest felt really good, even if i burned out after ~96 (I did the old maps just too often..).

I really liked the idea of making certain maps at certain times more desirable, good job with these Tempests!

Looking forward to your next ideas for the next upcoming 3M leagues!
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

RIP warbands, won't ever been running that map mod ever. But thank you GGG for trying something different and look forward to the next leagues!
"
Langhun wrote:
Come on! Warbands from boxes is the only thing we've got form this league? And maybe map mods?

As I know main criticism for warbands was about not spawning them and against several layers of RNG destroying mativation to hunt them. Also few days ago I found that there is warbands tracker website and you know what? I started enjoy warbands much more!!! Something like this should have been implemented as a part of the game.

I am trying to say that the idea was really interesting but it fails on execution. And now instead of improving it I feel like you are going to remove it.

Yep, the moment I discovered the tracker the league became excellent. All of a sudden instead of doing yet another 75-77 map I was doing 5 quick 72s, 6 quick 74s etc and not only enjoying the break from the same old maps but having better drops too (got 7 league uniques, and many many rares for recipes to finance mapping). Also the bosses were really cool (if not a bit too rare).
I can understand GGG wanting the community to participate (and both leagues had that in common and it was cool!) but either/or the site should have been organised/promoted by GGG. That way the community still had to contribute but all players would know of its existence.
Last edited by Drakkon1 on Sep 22, 2015, 7:40:05 AM
-Tempest as a map mod might be nice. And I agree that it shouldn't be a permanent feature in the world (acts).
-WB's seem out of place in the game. It didn't work out. Wasn't fun and wasn't rewarding. I would rather have the mechanics of the group AI being moved to Invasion mobs and have a second go around with that league. Another idea is maybe to use it for the Act 2 factions. Maybe flesh out interesting packs for Alira, Oak, and Kraityn.
Last edited by ganimal on Sep 22, 2015, 7:47:37 AM
It feels weird to be almost done with the Warbands league.

It was my first league as I began playing the game right when Warbands/Tempest started. I've made a whole host of characters who will now go to Standard - what do I do with them now? Will they keep me entertained, or will I want to start with new ones in the next league? Or will I lose my interest in the game?

My characters: Caglios, Iktuga, Elrik, Iva - I came to like those little avatars.

It's an unexpectedly profound sensation.
Glad that tempest will be retired. I hated it.

The constant annoying ground effects, random shit hitting you so you can't even stop playing for a second to get a sip of water. Good riddance!
Hardcore
Do a random old league every other weekend or something on standard/hardcore. Would make those leagues a bit more dynamic and interesting.
Personal feedback thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1345148
"
ad1ce wrote:
borring easy leagues. I believe next pair will be harder. 30 guys on HC league with lvl 100, never forget!

Sure but the new leagues also start along release of 2.0
So with jewels and a lot of new gems (and yes the fact that the league was easier) it's "easier" now to reach 100 for the nolifers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info