Development Manifesto: Warbands and Tempest Content

This is a "manifesto"?

I don't think it answers many of the questions players have, especially about Warbands. With how many frequent players were still unable to even experience the full flavor of the league(the absurd rarity/RNG gating of the Warband blues, for example), why wasn't anythinf changed during the league itself? Was it really that big of a tweak that it couldn't be done? Do they have numbers where the masses were actually getting these items and facing things like the Chaos bands and just not saying a word about it?
agree that this manifesto is kinda ... empty.
IGN TylordRampage
"
gvillepunk wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
upcoming Flashback events next week!

I thought they were starting Oct. 4. Has this been changed?

If you read Chris' post, he said that they heard the community's complaints and they will be changing the start date. He also said late next week, so I would take that as Oct. 2nd (Friday)....
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Wait, the Warbands dropped uniques? Really? OMG, who would have ever have known that????
Why on earth would anyone ever pay currency, of any value, for a Warbands map mod?

Warbands was nothing but broken promises. "Exciting, synergistic skills." Nope. "Run for more than 3 months." Nope. "Area matters!" Nope.

Look on the bright side: It's going to be hard to do worse in the next set of challenge leagues.
I think warbands is being under rated here, it was a fun league. I think it was just to hard to figure out and GGG should have spread the word rather then relying on players who are largely selfish and greedy. I know I never shared my secret for finding rings even after I stopped using it and I bet 50% of the people that played warbands never figured it out.

For all of you saying something along the lines of I never got to see the chaos warbands, or I hardly got any Warband uniques. I will say it's quite possible you were doing it wrong or just got unlucky.

That being said I think it was totally ridiculous that GGG would expect the community to communicate which maps were what for both leagues. I'm sure many people never knew about the third party websites or about 710 and that would have killed the entire league for them. Not to mention the third party sites relied on truthful consistent reporting of maps which just didn't happen.

I joined tempest late and the tempest watch site often had incorrect information and during non-peak hours hardly had any entries. Warbands was much better for me but I started with that so I imagine as time went on the reports died off and the people that think false reporting is fun weren't called out.

If your going to continue with this type of thinking where maps change every so often then there needs to be an in-game map of maps that display what it is going on. That way if you play off hours or only have one of a map you aren't wasting it. And no wasting a map only to find out that someone falsely reported was not fun.

As for the uniques, I got several of the rings which I quickly sold to challenge seekers for quite a bit, pretty much funded my whole league. Got multiple of each shield and a few of the boots. The only ones I think that were hard to find was the Chaos uniques because you had to find the bosses in maps and then most likely you were in a big party to share the kill.
Very sad to hear that warbands will just not become a permanent part of the game. They were such an awesome addition to the game, probably even better than rogue exiles and almost as good as strongboxes.

I don't even care for their specific uniques drop really, all I really cared for was that I had several uniques to fight at once for a good chunk of XP and adecent loot drop chances.
"The heavens burned
The stars cried out
And under the ashes of infinity
Hope, scarred and bleeding breathed it's last."
"
Knightmare101 wrote:
"
gvillepunk wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
upcoming Flashback events next week!

I thought they were starting Oct. 4. Has this been changed?

If you read Chris' post, he said that they heard the community's complaints and they will be changing the start date. He also said late next week, so I would take that as Oct. 2nd (Friday)....

Thank you for the clarification. That sucks for me though, as I requested off from work October 4-6 to have the first few days to play and get ahead a bit. But I guess that's just my RNG ;)
"
Barivius wrote:
Please consider a Warband map mod! The Warband boss type enemies (and Chaos generals) were too cool not to have around.

I concur! (^▽^)
The Gemling Queen favours 'NotACuckRoach'.

Ethaereal │ Exaltreal │ Cherrubim │ Erremes │ Khainne │ Kaelous │ Balzael