Nervous about trying to 6L a chest

Wow, since you grind played long enough to amass 1600 fusings you want to now sit there and individually apply them to your chest until you get a 6L (or not)? That tedious chore is pure frustratingly boring. Best to just burn 1500 and buy the damn 6L and be done with it.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Personally, I would have 6-linked it the second I hit 1500 fusings.
I would not 6 link the chest for now.
Use the fusings to upgrade the rest of your gear - that might bring in more DPS / survival than the extra socket.
This just proves my point that something is wrong with the game if you have 1600 fusings and its better to buy 6 link chest instead of trying to 6 link it yourself.
"
This just proves my point that something is wrong with the game if you have 1600 fusings and its better to buy 6 link chest instead of trying to 6 link it yourself.

I don't agree. Some people like to gamble, some don't.
Use 100 fusings on the chest...who knows you might get lucky.
If you don't it's up to you if you want to go with vorci or sell the orbs and try to get a better chest
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
"

Its not about gambling.Lets say i have Lightning Coil, Belly, Carcass, Queen of the forest all self found by me.And i have 1600 fusings. Its better to buy those chest 6 linked than trying to link them manually by yourself.How is that not fucked up.
"
"
Nizreb915 wrote:
"

Its not about gambling.Lets say i have Lightning Coil, Belly, Carcass, Queen of the forest all self found by me.And i have 1600 fusings. Its better to buy those chest 6 linked than trying to link them manually by yourself.How is that not fucked up.

I wouldn't know, I don't trade.
"
"
Nizreb915 wrote:

I wouldn't know, I don't trade.

Self-found alert, abandon all economy logic immediately

And get to da choppa

\

Sin N Punishment
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
6-linking an item is always a hard choice...

The only time I have manually 6-linked an armour (a rare one) was to get the "Well-connected" achievement. In the end, it took me 16 Ex of fusings, but I think I've been lucky. Vorici takes 1500 fusings, by the time I did my linking it was ~35 Ex worth of fusings.

Most of the other 6-links I possess are generic items (Lightning Coil, Cloak of Defiance, Carcass Jack...) that I have bought as-is and that can be shared between chars. I'm pretty sure it was cheaper to buy them already 6-linked.

Now, for very specific rare items that you won't find easily on poe.trade, I would say Vorici becomes a safer option today, now that the rate of Fusings vs. Ex has increased. You can now easily get 55 fusings for 1 Ex, so that's only 27 Ex for a guaranteed 6-link at Vorici. Gambling can be cheaper or more expensive...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info