[2.1 Video Guide] Tanky Beginners SRS/Summon Raging Spirit Build [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

I played this with some more investment into life in the HC 1mth till i ripped at L62/3 to my own incompetence.With some mediocre mana and mana regen i was pushing out 16ish skulls before vaal hastes.
"
mercur1al wrote:
How are you sustaining your mana requirements for SRS? Basically... I cast 4 SRS and mana is flat lol.

6 gems were SRS - Melee Physical Damage - Minion Damage - Melee Splash - Added Fire Damage - Multistrike. Tried removing Multi strike, still the same with mana costs.

You could try taking Righteous or Dynamo, they are quite near in the tree are very efficient. Don't hesitate to sacrifice some cast speed for them, it'll help as well.

You can also try to claryity+BM on a 2link if you have the sockets, it helps a lot.

On a side note, I personally find that the damage of the spirits is much more important than their number at least to starts with, it helps a lot in clear speed to have 4-5 spirits that are able to take down a rare rather than wait to have 20 to kill it.
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
"
wichtounet wrote:
"
mercur1al wrote:
How are you sustaining your mana requirements for SRS? Basically... I cast 4 SRS and mana is flat lol.

6 gems were SRS - Melee Physical Damage - Minion Damage - Melee Splash - Added Fire Damage - Multistrike. Tried removing Multi strike, still the same with mana costs.

You could try taking Righteous or Dynamo, they are quite near in the tree are very efficient. Don't hesitate to sacrifice some cast speed for them, it'll help as well.

You can also try to claryity+BM on a 2link if you have the sockets, it helps a lot.

On a side note, I personally find that the damage of the spirits is much more important than their number at least to starts with, it helps a lot in clear speed to have 4-5 spirits that are able to take down a rare rather than wait to have 20 to kill it.

Great suggestion! They are fairly close to my current skilltree as well, will only involve small changes. On a side note, i changed my amulets and rings for increased mana regeneration at the expense of chaos resistance though. Just hit Lvl 71 and running maps now... will find out if the -15 chaos resistance is a big concern.

Switched around the gems to the recommended one too, using POH, SRS-MD-MPD-Empower(2)-Melee Splash and Culling strike. I am currently able to sustain the mana cost for SRS, but having issues when vaal haste is up. Perhaps speccing into dynamo and righteous might solve that, and even allow me to switch out splash for Multistrike when facing bosses.
I am also playing this build on the 1 Month right now, but in SC. For Mana I took the Righteous Decree notable and thanks to my jewellery I am also able to run a lvl 13 Clarity, which gives me a bit more then 10 mana per sec more then I would need without Vaal Haste (I think around 130ish). I can push a few more then 20 Spirits without Vaal Haste, the general damage output feels very smooth (I don't even have cast speed on jewellery, just the flat mana).
Spoiler

However I am slightly concerned about physical mitigation. Once some Vaal Fallen gets past my meatshields I have to be concerned.

I was wondering about your thoughts on focusing on an armor build, since we take no efficent nodes and neither want to use enduring cry (taunt, would have to not press the "srs-button").
Last edited by flipser on Oct 20, 2015, 1:24:12 PM
Hey dude, first i want to thanks you for all your guide, really well done :) really help me to level up and understand more the game.
Anyway i wanted some advice, i'm currently playing a witch SRS following another guide whose more based on Energy Shield but i don t like it, i find myself a bit too squishy, and i prefer to play with a good hp and armour instead of low hp and energy shield, so i decide to switch to your variation of the build.
I know that your guide is for Templar or Sion, but i tried to adapt it a bit for a witch.

Here is my skill tree at 101 point, so if people can help me and tell me things that i should switch etc, i would really appreciate it :)
Which is better +3 staff or PoH? ( assuming both are 6 link of course)
In case you guys are wondering, then yes - this build is a very good choice for the 5-week Darkshrine Race.

Best of luck! =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
In case you guys are wondering, then yes - this build is a very good choice for the 5-week Darkshrine Race.

Best of luck! =)

Hej man, thanks for the build!! I'm currently trying this one on the 5-week darkshrine race. First time ever i try SRS.

I have one question, i just found a 20% added fire damage gem. Is it a usefull gem for srs as i will be using a +2fire gems staff? If so what other gem should i take out?

Greetz :)
Last edited by Psycomantje on Nov 5, 2015, 1:03:43 PM

This is my gear on Darkshrine so far, Im level 74 and I am at 3.6k life was wonder what flasks I should be focusing on.. and what gear upgrades are best options for me?
If i dont have Empower, what is the best choise? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info