Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

Back to playing PoE again after finally buying D3 several days ago.And heres why

D3 was tolerable for one playthrough. I will check back on new major patches and maybe play again one day . It is just too casual for me (as it stands). Simply put, the limited number of modifiers on items and monsters, the small set of skill paths( with no synergies to boot), not being able to build wealth/trade useful items. Hell I made it close to end game play on my First character on Hardcore , and I wasnt on normal most of the time, without even coming close to dying. These are just a few glaring examples of how D3 pushes me away. However I can see why a novice ARPG player, or young teen would like this game (it does have nice graphics/smooth gameplay). Even the increased difficulty in it is literally "LETS JUST STACK MONSTERS DAMAGE AND HP" - so boring.

For a slightly older, more experienced gamer like myself, I want to have to think a little bit inbetween all the mindless (yet fun) grinding. I want my choices to mean something. I want to learn from my mistakes and benefit when my logic pans out. That to me is a fun ARPG. A game that makes your character your own. What makes an ARPG an RPG at all is the choices you make. D3 succeeds in limiting those choices.

Despite it's perceived flaws, God **** I love PoE.
Message me in game @SleepyHarvester
Last edited by SleepyBigod on Sep 19, 2015, 6:48:17 PM
Yay another D3 thread. ><

(for a group of 'arpg enthusiasts' there is far too little talk of TQ/GD/TL/MH comparisons)

on topic:

Once you get the mechanics down PoE is pretty mindless as well, especially as a sfer due to lack of interesting drops (not complaining). If you want some deeper thought required in an arpg I suggest playing a 2d zelda game, the puzzles are a nice break from mindless, endless combat. :)
Idunno I'm having tons of ton with marvel heroes, I get to be a superhero pew pew.

Sadly nobody takes the game a serious arpg contender ;(
"
"
I gave it a go. The lack of visual upgrades really killed it for me. Wolverine looks like Wolverine no matter what. So you have dozens of 'me toos' running around the hub at any given time.

Petty? maybe, but you're talking to someone with pretty much duplicates of every mtx in PoE because *alt chars need to look good too, damn it*.

I am jelly of ur mtx gallery

Hate mine too

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Off topic of POE,because this is off topic.

I can't wait to wrestle my credit card out of my wifes grubby little hands and purchase "Way of the Samurai 4" for PC off Steam tonight.Game was awesome on the PlayStation and I hope the controls ported over well.

Game literally offers everything to love about the action and roleplay genre with shittonnes of customization,replayability that puts any modern Action/roleplay games to shame.

I'm gonna be lost in it for a very long time .... The hard bit is getting my credit card back though lol
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Idunno I'm having tons of ton with marvel heroes, I get to be a superhero pew pew.

Sadly nobody takes the game a serious arpg contender ;(

I had a ton of ton with marvel heroes too
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Sexy time is completely optional ... no really it is .. in fact sexy time and night crawling never would have entered my mind if you hadn't mentioned it.

It's only one step up from pillow talk anyway,I think.

=P

Edit: Perhaps fishing would be less "rough" and more to your liking.There's some truly unique fish to be caught. =P

Last edited by Temper on Sep 19, 2015, 11:38:12 PM
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
(for a group of 'arpg enthusiasts' there is far too little talk of TQ/GD/TL/MH comparisons)

I'd include Median XL. That mod and Torchlight 2 have endgames that GGG could learn about.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
BrotherLaz (the creater of Median XL) worked for GGG. I dont know if he still does.

Oh yeah thanks for derailing this thread **** :D
Message me in game @SleepyHarvester
It's yet another D3 thread. Everything that could have been said about the game has been said. I've already came to term with it, XD
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info