Back to playing PoE again after finally buying D3 several days ago.And heres why

"

And you're sort of right, Georg, except at the end of the day, they were all so much more limited than PoE. And that's the key difference. To make balancing easier (or even POSSIBLE), they all had class-locked skills and passives, which is probably the key to balancing in the first place.

Remove that limitation and you're in a whole other barrel of used sanitary pads.

Personally coming back after being gone a couple months hoping the tree changes spice things up a bit. The openess of the skills and tree in poe was both frustrating and boring in a sense. The end game difficulty is great but limits what you can do if you actually want to survive then throw in the fact classes are fairly close together on the tree and the ones that are beside eachother lose their unique feeling at later levels.
"
Even the increased difficulty in it is literally "LETS JUST STACK MONSTERS DAMAGE AND HP" - so boring.

Err u talking about Merci Act 4?
I actually the heard they were doing pretty well over there :)

Doesnt matter for me, though, wont be playing D3 again.
Im about to get Grim Dawn on Steam today and give it a shot. Ive heard some good things about it. Why not... $24 bucks is a Minute Fraction of what i have in POE OR D3 for that matter.

I tried Echo of Soul and Inspirit recently... Not bad games but they are much more of an MMO experience than a ARPG like POE. i come to the conclusion that most games made in the F2P market lean more towards the MMO thing than an ARPG.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Sep 20, 2015, 10:55:09 AM
Games don't need to be hard to be enjoyable
PoE being to hard for my likes make it less enjoyable

But its only like this because you don't really feel like you ever get better to me if you got better it would be fine
"
Temper wrote:
Off topic of POE,because this is off topic.

I can't wait to wrestle my credit card out of my wifes grubby little hands and purchase "Way of the Samurai 4" for PC off Steam tonight.Game was awesome on the PlayStation and I hope the controls ported over well.

Game literally offers everything to love about the action and roleplay genre with shittonnes of customization,replayability that puts any modern Action/roleplay games to shame.

I'm gonna be lost in it for a very long time .... The hard bit is getting my credit card back though lol

Scratch that.

Controls didn't port over to mouse and keyboard all that well,which means I'm better off setting up my old PS3 to play it and "invaders" were stripped from the game completely,so it's kinda lost a huge amount of tension for well developed and geared characters who have completed all story paths on the highest difficulty.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Idunno I'm having tons of ton with marvel heroes, I get to be a superhero pew pew.

Sadly nobody takes the game a serious arpg contender ;(

I had a ton of ton with marvel heroes too

I'm actually recently back to POE after almost a 1 year break during which time I played Marvel Heroes.

Had an absolute blast...levelled all characters (because you DON'T HAVE TO do it via story mode!). And the achievements system they introduced is just awesome (Especially those with meaningful rewards, I actually got the 9k achieve points Gambit costume). But in the end every character pretty much only has one viable build that can't really get any better as the hero-specific uniques became more and more powerful making the non - hero specific uniques (which are very bland) and 'rares' generally redundant. So there was no real reason to keep playing each character (Except your fave), except when new content came out.

"
D3 was tolerable for one playthrough. I will check back on new major patches and maybe play again one day . It is just too casual for me (as it stands). Simply put, the limited number of modifiers on items and monsters, the small set of skill paths( with no synergies to boot), not being able to build wealth/trade useful items. Hell I made it close to end game play on my First character on Hardcore , and I wasnt on normal most of the time, without even coming close to dying. These are just a few glaring examples of how D3 pushes me away. However I can see why a novice ARPG player, or young teen would like this game (it does have nice graphics/smooth gameplay). Even the increased difficulty in it is literally "LETS JUST STACK MONSTERS DAMAGE AND HP" - so boring.

For a slightly older, more experienced gamer like myself, I want to have to think a little bit inbetween all the mindless (yet fun) grinding. I want my choices to mean something. I want to learn from my mistakes and benefit when my logic pans out. That to me is a fun ARPG. A game that makes your character your own. What makes an ARPG an RPG at all is the choices you make. D3 succeeds in limiting those choices.

Despite it's perceived flaws, God **** I love PoE.

Stop doing these crappy threads. Obviously you didn't play enough of D3 to even reach end-game and why did you even leave PoE in first place if you speak so highly of your PoE "skills and wealth" on your other thread?
So getting back on the OP topic. Let's get out of the way that D3 verses PoE threads are of the "been done to death already" topic.

Ok, So D3 is very casual compared to PoE. I say just about all other D2 type of arpgs are casual compared to PoE. But the PoE devs have not provided for any endgame quests to stave off perpetual boredom of maps. Makes trying to advance a build a super boring grind fest with a "I'm ready to fall on my sword" feeling. The grind forever is of the non-interesting type of grind. No real hope of better gear or divi-cards in any reasonable time frame playing solo (at least I have never gotten rng lucky).

So I play a new different build to try out other skills. That works for awhile but that too becomes stale. Why? The changes in The Awakening made for easier new player playing make Normal and Cruel a boring rush through just to get to the more challenging Merciless level. But in doing this balance change GGG has made more problems for us by allowing just about any descent build to advance to Merciless without worrying about tankiness too much and then wham, Merciless Act 4 makes your fun-to-play build non-viable. Once you realize that the Merc Act 4 bosses are that much harder and your less than tank build isn't cutting it (Warbands rain of deaths) then you are forced to either do a major respect to get a lot more tanky or you start a new build or you play maps until you can get 10+ levels above Merc act 4 bosses to have a chance to win. This is not good for long term enjoyment. If Merc Act 4 is what power creep does to an arpg then heaven help us all going forward for Acts 5, 6, etc. (will CB players even still be here then?).

So D3 is casual compared to PoE. So I like apples and oranges too and they are different fruits. So what?. We could all come up with different lists for why we like D3 verses PoE on this point and where we like PoE over D3 on another point. And each of our lists would be different. So nothing new here, everyone has differing views on the perfect "goldilocks" arpg. So D3 isn't it (too casual) and PoE might not either (too starvation grindy). No one is right or wrong here. Just a difference of opinion.

So if neither arpg is great for you then it's time to "these aren't the arpgs you're looking for. . . move along now, move along now".
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
(it does have nice graphics/smooth gameplay). Even the increased difficulty in it is literally "LETS JUST STACK MONSTERS DAMAGE AND HP" - so boring.

It requires a lot of skill to play Q60+ solo or Q65+ in a group in D3, the only skill you need to have in POE is to buy and sell stuff and to have a lot of time since the rest of the game is gated behind nothing but currency.

But it's totally ok in my book if you prefer to "play" a game where you basically don't play the game for 80%-90% of the time.
- Best Signature Ever -

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info