Major patch/expansion incoming?

When I look back at the start of previous temporary leagues, it always coincide with the release of a major patch/expansion. So maybe the reason for ending warband/tempest early is because the next major update is nearing completion. What do you think?
Path of exile - The real sequel to Diablo 2
"
Vinwolfy wrote:
ending warband/tempest early

Noob question:

When is it ending and when whas the original planned ending?

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
It's ending Friday October 2 NZT, however there were never any announcements regarding the length of the league.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
there were a GGG statement saying that 3 month length was a mistake and that next league would be longer...
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
there were a GGG statement saying that 3 month length was a mistake and that next league would be longer...

No, no there wasn't. They tested 4 months. Then they tested 3 months. Then they tested no announced length.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
Gary_GGG wrote:
It's ending Friday October 2 NZT, however there were never any announcements regarding the length of the league.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3hdter/how_much_longer_will_tempest_and_warbands_last/cu6im8j
Last edited by Uvne on Sep 18, 2015, 12:51:26 PM
"
unsane wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

No, no there wasn't. They tested 4 months. Then they tested 3 months. Then they tested no announced length.
Yeah but after testing 3 month leagues they did say they felt too short. Of course we are about to do a 1 month so maybe they just feel that Warbands and Tempest aren't working out.
I am very curious to see what the next leagues will consist of. I wouldn't expect anything huge though, something along the lines of current leagues. My money is on a mid/late January release of next leagues.
"
Uvne wrote:
"
Gary_GGG wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3hdter/how_much_longer_will_tempest_and_warbands_last/cu6im8j

ofmg i so missed that post.

dont tell me there is an internal fight going on at GGG ...

because chris as well as (as i now saw) bex told us that this league is going to last longer. yet we are 1 week short of 3 month what would be the shortest league ever.

i don't get why forum moderator tell us that the end date wasn't announced.

well, they are right ... but their replies imply that this was intended (shortest league after biggest expansion) ... what is clearly not the case!
"
Malone wrote:

Yes, they did say that. Then not only do they not make it longer, they make it shorter. Make no mistake, July 10 - Oct 2 is not 3 months.

It's 2 months and 3 weeks.

Absolutely horrible communication on GGG's part to wait 2 months after the start of a league to tell us when it's ending, then to have that end be 2 weeks after the announcement, and about 2 months earlier than I anticipated.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info