More Information About the Upcoming One-Month Event

"
"
hellg wrote:
I have to say that I am very disappointed by the GGG decision to end tempest league so quickly. I am not a 20-year student anymore, who has a lot of time but does not have money. Situation is actually opposite right now, not so much time and some money. Me and my friends have been actively supporting you GGG, knowing that Tempest will last ~4 month or at least 3 month and a half (actually league is dead not the time it is officially shut down but the time it is announced). So, in a month and a half we were able to achieve only lvl 95 on Tempest and had goal to go to lvl 100, but then you decided to shut down tempest.
Decision is made, and there is nothing I can do about it. What I can do though, is stop playing, because 1-month league is too short for people with full time job to achieve everything they want. So, thank you GGG and goodbye.

Described my situation perfectly. One month leagues don't interest me. Way too short for anyone who has a life outside of POE. I haven't played POE in over a year before Warbands/Tempest. I came back to the game expecting the current leagues to be a bare minimum of 4 months, based on the words of a GGG employee. Then I find out the leagues will end after 2.75 months? Sorry, but I'm just going to move on. Fallout 4 is coming out soon and I still haven't played Witcher 3. My gaming time can be spent better elsewhere. Temp leagues can't be less than 3 months in length... That is simply ridiculous. People who have jobs obviously can't play all day long. And for those of us who fall into this category, it takes about 2 months for us to finally get our builds and gear put together. That leaves us with 3 weeks to actually play the characters we spent 2 months putting together.

I was expecting these leagues to be longer than 3 months, not shorter. Hell, I was halfway expecting they may even last longer than 4 months. I'm just going to move on. Thanks for the great game GGG. You guys are still the best game developers out there for sure. It's just too bad you don't care about your semi-casual players.

Final thought: I think 6 months is the right length of time for a temp league. At least 5 months. 4 is bordering on okay. 2.75 is unacceptable. What's even more unacceptable is giving us a 2 week notice before shutting it down. This is what drove a well paying customer from the game. Good luck in the future! Hope you guys can stay in business with your 1% super hardcore no-life play 24/7 players.

This. Misinformation - intentional or not. It just doesn't fly with me. Had I known the Awakening leagues would be this short, my wallet probably would not have supported the game as heavy-handed as I did - heck, I probably won't even have a chance to find my own divination card in the Awakening leagues. How silly is that? I'm not going to support the next expansion/thingy unless we know the end date from the start, and it isn't something randomly pulled out of a hat to cater the elite players.

I also think 6 months is much, much better. Have 1 months/races and all that elite stuff we "normal" guys with a life outside being chained to a chair can't participate in alongside to cater the "pros". Make an effort to make both the elite and the not-so-elite happy. It's very possible, and quite simple.
Last edited by Lantador on Sep 18, 2015, 4:38:00 AM
"
Lantador wrote:

This. Misinformation - intentional or not. It just doesn't fly with me. Had I known the Awakening leagues would be this short, my wallet probably would not have supported the game as heavy-handed as I did - heck, I probably won't even have a chance to find my own divination card in the Awakening leagues. How silly is that? I'm not going to support the next expansion/thingy unless we know the end date from the start, and it isn't something randomly pulled out of a hat to cater the elite players.

I also think 6 months is much, much better. Have 1 months/races and all that elite stuff we "normal" guys with a life outside being chained to a chair can't participate in alongside to cater the "pros". Make an effort to make both the elite and the not-so-elite happy. It's very possible, and quite simple.

I dont think GGG objective was to take anyone as a sucker by misleading people into thinking that the league would be very long.
They indeed contrary to the other league did no released an end date and this league is as the other one ending after 3 months.
Maybe they would have extended the league duration had it been successfull but they might have data showing that the population is decreasing (only supposition as honestly i dont care if people are playing or not as i dont not group and almost do not trade)
Sounds super amazing! And like so many people are adding, it would be even better if the league started on friday the 2nd in regard to us european players. I'd hate to have to skip monday if it started on a sunday(not rly sorry, or I wouldn't stay at home playing video games)
whats the mod from a race where theres like 10 rogue exiles per zone. Can we get that one please.
IGN: DabrixRN
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
whats the mod from a race where theres like 10 rogue exiles per zone. Can we get that one please.

Exile Everywhere mod but this is a race mod, not a league mod so it's not included.
"
hellg wrote:
I have to say that I am very disappointed by the GGG decision to end tempest league so quickly. I am not a 20-year student anymore, who has a lot of time but does not have money. Situation is actually opposite right now, not so much time and some money. Me and my friends have been actively supporting you GGG, knowing that Tempest will last ~4 month or at least 3 month and a half (actually league is dead not the time it is officially shut down but the time it is announced). So, in a month and a half we were able to achieve only lvl 95 on Tempest and had goal to go to lvl 100, but then you decided to shut down tempest.
Decision is made, and there is nothing I can do about it. What I can do though, is stop playing, because 1-month league is too short for people with full time job to achieve everything they want. So, thank you GGG and goodbye.

This ^^
"
Lantador wrote:
"
"
hellg wrote:

Described my situation perfectly. One month leagues don't interest me. Way too short for anyone who has a life outside of POE. I haven't played POE in over a year before Warbands/Tempest. I came back to the game expecting the current leagues to be a bare minimum of 4 months, based on the words of a GGG employee. Then I find out the leagues will end after 2.75 months? Sorry, but I'm just going to move on. Fallout 4 is coming out soon and I still haven't played Witcher 3. My gaming time can be spent better elsewhere. Temp leagues can't be less than 3 months in length... That is simply ridiculous. People who have jobs obviously can't play all day long. And for those of us who fall into this category, it takes about 2 months for us to finally get our builds and gear put together. That leaves us with 3 weeks to actually play the characters we spent 2 months putting together.

I was expecting these leagues to be longer than 3 months, not shorter. Hell, I was halfway expecting they may even last longer than 4 months. I'm just going to move on. Thanks for the great game GGG. You guys are still the best game developers out there for sure. It's just too bad you don't care about your semi-casual players.

Final thought: I think 6 months is the right length of time for a temp league. At least 5 months. 4 is bordering on okay. 2.75 is unacceptable. What's even more unacceptable is giving us a 2 week notice before shutting it down. This is what drove a well paying customer from the game. Good luck in the future! Hope you guys can stay in business with your 1% super hardcore no-life play 24/7 players.

^^^^^
Yes, this post very well describes all the feelings from this situation.

And you got to love how GGG milked the community with stash deals during the last weekend, making people buy microtransaction... and after collecting the dough, GGG releases the announcement, well knowing that people will stop playing.

Total misleading and deceptive... I am struggling to find renewed respect for this company and its team.
Last edited by BigBadWolf1776 on Sep 18, 2015, 12:54:43 PM
So I am totally looking forward to the 1mth and starting time is between perfect and a bit too soon.

But I agrre with the people who are dissapointed the temp leagues coming to an end so soon (Even though with the anouncment of 1mth it was no real surprise ). I see people playing warbands where kinda dissapointed so they wount miss it that much.
But I myself also had sooo many plans for tempest for what i hopped it to last 4 mth at least.
Now due to my rippcount, me personally is also rather hyped for a fresh start in a crazy flashback (which also couldnT play last time), but i feel with the people who don't feel like having time for it (as student my free time also varys a lot, the 1mth just happen to fit in well) and would rather have longer temp leagues.
Even if league is kind of dying and most people will probably play the 1mth anyway, I see no reason to not let those who want keep on playing a bit.
And you guys shoudl realy rebalance the system to kind of trying to please the long term casuals and those who have everything within the first weeks.
(Specially taking into account that people with less time are more likely people with more money and vice versa)
Races, specially 1-weeks and 1-month's are a good start for the latter I guess, having those overlap with the logner terms.
Also bringing in new uniqs and skillgems during a long term leage could give a little twist for bored players. But i rely see the challenge in finding a good balance to please all. I actually don't even know what I want as I love fresh starts but also long term goals. For the latter I guess I'd needed to stop playing hc as I always rip right when it gets good ^^

Oh and for the rewards, I agree with some that hc/sc should kinda differ. Don't understand why people feel "forced" to play both for rewards even if they don't want to. It was kinda your own need to have that blue AND red set then just be hapy with one. (Which you now need to be)

And golden Seraph is pretty mhe.., specially after red and blue already there, but I understad it cannot be as good as purchased mtx. Better than nothing.
ign: UpForJava
Last edited by Upforsale on Sep 18, 2015, 1:20:55 PM
Just a thought. Why not start it on Sat NZ time, that's even Friday (afternoon/evening) on US time. That gives NZ and EU an extra day to play (before the work or school week starts again on Monday), and it gives US folks an extra 2 days.

Everyone wins.
Edit: I also like the idea (not implemented here) of high-risk high-reward mechanics early. Such as Anarchy mod, or possibly even Ambush.

It gives people that extra feeling of "wow I can challenge this exile in Mud Flats and possibly get a weapon upgrade". That is such a cool feeling. That feeling is while people like Exiles Everywhere so much. So having +1 Exile per area, or whatever Anarchy does exactly, early in the league (e.g. day one), it's really cool.
Last edited by Illsonmedia on Sep 18, 2015, 1:38:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info