More Information About the Upcoming One-Month Event

Sounds like fun! Would love to see a unique uniques for just these leagues. Also daily or even hourly prizes awarded to encourage the non-pro players to play these leagues, like for example points that can be applied toward unique league uniques like they do for races. So players that got the most experience in an hour of play would get a point toward say a 500 point league unique. That would be really cool!!
Everything seems fine to me. Would like to see ambush in the first week though, but that's fine.

The prize is really what bothers me though. I'd rather just get a pack of mtx points than a skin i essentially already bought for points and have several colors of as is.
Give us ANYTHING else for the reward lol.
"Success is not the absence of failure. Success is persistence through failure."
Currently Playing: Contagion/Essence Drain IGN: JddoggAscended

"
AssasinCreed wrote:
Set is ok but the color;D At shop we got silver/golden one? Before league was blue/red
Time for black seraph set;D?

The shop one has grey and light red in it, in the gold one the armor is entirely gold. The things sticking out for both are gold so they do look alike a bit.

As many people in this thread said, two different rewards for hardcore and for softcore like the last time GGG did this was well received. I think softcore players are more inclined to try out hardcore leagues as well due to desync being gone.

Harder challenges (higher levels, more bosses killed, more stuff from the leagues done etc) are fine the previous challenges did feel kind of easy to complete.
Ok. So we were going to run four months to around Nov. 10th. Something happened. We were going to run to within two weeks of Oct. 4th, or the 4th - 18th. Something happened. Now we are terminating on the 2nd. Suggestions here are geared toward opening the 1-month a few days earlier, at the start of a weekend rather on a Sunday. So we may terminate even faster. One way or another we are not going to run four months, nor are we even going to run three months. At the end of the day it is impossible to know just how fast termination may come. One thing only is clear: the time frame is steadily deteriorating, and we are in one heck of a rush to shut down and close shop as fast as remotely and conceivably possible.

It would be quite helpful if we stopped doing this. I would suggest deciding what we are going to do at a reasonable time, announcing it so that it is known, and moving forward with all parties aware of and understanding that time frame. By "all parties" I mean everyone involved: the players, people working on an upcoming interim 1-month events, employees working on potential patches or adjustments, people thinking about the next challenge leagues, and everyone and anyone else besides. Sanity often manifests with value. Instead we are caught up in a starkly desperate quest to come up with *something* - anything - to shut down a four month project five weeks ahead of schedule. Maybe even faster if we can somehow pull it off.

By "reasonable time" I would have in mind a week or so before a league starts. As in a date sometime around July 3rd. Today is not July 3rd: it is September 18. A mad rush to terminate as fast as we possibly can, way way ahead of schedule, is a recipe for changes, adjustments, and future plans to be rushed in turn and come out well below what might have otherwise been the case. This is no way to do things. Sanity in procedure would be far preferable for everyone concerned.
Any news regarding the starting date?

As many have sited friday would be better for lot of ppl. We are planning for a guild run at the start but all have work on monday.

Otherwise this looks promising and fun.
https://www.youtube.com/user/neskola
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj8jRMTTPDq8DP98WZZrdiw

Essence rips https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1DTVr3jaDbnHbfGnofet_oeUO8AvHBn_
/
Last edited by tslt on Jul 14, 2018, 7:43:06 AM
-> We're proposing that the event runs from Sunday <-

really?

Selçuk
"
"
"
Described my situation perfectly. One month leagues don't interest me. Way too short for anyone who has a life outside of POE. I haven't played POE in over a year before Warbands/Tempest. I came back to the game expecting the current leagues to be a bare minimum of 4 months, based on the words of a GGG employee. Then I find out the leagues will end after 2.75 months? Sorry, but I'm just going to move on. Fallout 4 is coming out soon and I still haven't played Witcher 3. My gaming time can be spent better elsewhere. Temp leagues can't be less than 3 months in length... That is simply ridiculous. People who have jobs obviously can't play all day long. And for those of us who fall into this category, it takes about 2 months for us to finally get our builds and gear put together. That leaves us with 3 weeks to actually play the characters we spent 2 months putting together.

I was expecting these leagues to be longer than 3 months, not shorter. Hell, I was halfway expecting they may even last longer than 4 months. I'm just going to move on. Thanks for the great game GGG. You guys are still the best game developers out there for sure. It's just too bad you don't care about your semi-casual players.

Final thought: I think 6 months is the right length of time for a temp league. At least 5 months. 4 is bordering on okay. 2.75 is unacceptable. What's even more unacceptable is giving us a 2 week notice before shutting it down. This is what drove a well paying customer from the game. Good luck in the future! Hope you guys can stay in business with your 1% super hardcore no-life play 24/7 players.

"
This. Misinformation - intentional or not. It just doesn't fly with me. Had I known the Awakening leagues would be this short, my wallet probably would not have supported the game as heavy-handed as I did - heck, I probably won't even have a chance to find my own divination card in the Awakening leagues. How silly is that? I'm not going to support the next expansion/thingy unless we know the end date from the start, and it isn't something randomly pulled out of a hat to cater the elite players.

I also think 6 months is much, much better. Have 1 months/races and all that elite stuff we "normal" guys with a life outside being chained to a chair can't participate in alongside to cater the "pros". Make an effort to make both the elite and the not-so-elite happy. It's very possible, and quite simple.

I think that is the perfect solution, Lantador. Have 6-month leagues for those of us who don't hit lvl 100 within the first month, and have between 4 and 6 one-month leagues for the people who are already doing lvl 82 maps on the second day of a new league. If this happens, I may give the game another shot, depending on where I am in life. But for now? I'm done. I don't feel valued as a customer. I'm sure someone will call me entitled. I'm not that - but it's becoming clear that GGG caters to players who literally live in Wraeclast. I live on planet earth and take a vacation to Wraeclast a few hours a day. Those players in the former category and those of us in the latter category simply require two different things. I think Lantador's proposition would fulfill the desires of both types of players. But since I can't make GGG listen, adios!

I'm still hoping they make a change to there annoucement soon before lossing a big part of their player base for good. By that, I mean almost everybody that started during the expansion...

Complaints gets u nowhere, but what would make this game awesome would be:

STANDARD LEAGUES

TEMPORARY LEAGUES
5-6 Months or atleast 4

CHALLENGE LEAGUES
Short league with rewards

I agree on your view but problem with poe nowdays is that people dont play that long. For example this league, population almost become half in just one month of starting league, and when second month ended it become hard to even find the required items coz everyone on poe trade and trade chat offline, spamming all day WTB blah blah item and no response, no body plays game more than 1-1.5 month max, they become bored and switch to other games. and its impossible to sell item this month. no way to make currency.
Last edited by Serious_Guy on Sep 19, 2015, 9:47:17 AM
One more thing I want to add and I am happy about this league ends sooner than 3 months total is I am a softcore player so I was playing in warbands and literally warbands is most worst garbage league I ever played, loots from warbands and never seen a commander I think rogue exiles drops better than whole warbands.
Thanks GGG that you ending this worst league sooner. I am fed up of this league.
"
Serious_Guy wrote:
One more thing I want to add and I am happy about this league ends sooner than 3 months total is I am a softcore player so I was playing in warbands and literally warbands is most worst garbage league I ever played, loots from warbands and never seen a commander I think rogue exiles drops better than whole warbands.
Thanks GGG that you ending this worst league sooner. I am fed up of this league.

I don't really want this league to end.. Tempest is one of the best HC leagues so far.
generally dangerous

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info