[2.0] Saruman's Hybrid Explosive Arrow Single Player Map MF'er (20/250+ IIQ/IIR) + Videos

I have to agree with Xeno there. The movespeed can be corrected through double quicksilvers, and with the extra tankiness I find for most situations you can get away with two life flasks and a mana flask for when you need to throw in extra stacks. A thicket would be a drastic clear-speed improvement.

EDIT: Hmm. By the same token though the extremely high mana cost even with a flask seems to limit the amount of charges you can get stacked. Possibly in need of more regen in order to sustain a thicket. I'll know more once I get dual curse working.

I also think this might be LEGIT as a lowlife option but it would need a GG hubris in order to pull off with survivable levels of ES.

More testing required.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Sep 16, 2015, 12:36:22 PM
So could you summarize why you're using a +3 bow? I thought quill rain was simply more damage. Is it for the mana cost? I don't really know how EA works so if you could explain that in the comparison, that'd be nice.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
So could you summarize why you're using a +3 bow? I thought quill rain was simply more damage. Is it for the mana cost? I don't really know how EA works so if you could explain that in the comparison, that'd be nice.

quill rain is only to help level up, main weap is a +3 bow, bcuz EA is mostly affect my gem level

EDIT:
here is a similar build with armor/life (not hybrid) for ppl who are interested:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1387366/page/1

its me or single target dps is rly low?!
average 1500 dmg per fuse (5stack=7k dmg per 1sec)
and psn arrow does 15k dps (chaos too) per second

or my calculation are wrong?!
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Sep 16, 2015, 1:34:02 PM
I'm thinking that's why dual curse.

I'm finding no marked difference between PA and EA for single target, with one curse up.
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

quill rain is only to help level up, main weap is a +3 bow, bcuz EA is mostly affect my gem level

Going from L23 EA to L27 EA is 55% more DPS, but going from 1.5 APS to 3 APS is 100% more DPS.

To hit 5 APS with a 1.5 base you need 233% inc atk speed, to hit 5 APS with 3 base you need 67% inc atk speed. So basically quill rain will always do more damage because you won't hit the 5 fuse cap with a +3 bow ever.

Is there something I'm missing?

Edit: Ah yeah, I figured out what I'm missing. The +1 arrow effectively makes the +3 bow attack at 3APS (correct?) so you reach the 5fuse cap with just 67% inc atk speed. Neat. Yeah then a +3 bow will do more damage than quill rain.

Last edited by MatrixFactor on Sep 16, 2015, 2:13:27 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

The thing is, this is the base damage of Explosive Arrow. The tooltip does not count any increased damage or more damage multipliers. In fact, the single target damage from Explosive Arrow can be insane if you know how to manage it ! (Single target setup + multi stacking on a frost wall = at least half life on most endgame bosses, often 3/4th of life or even one shot)
"
Vadler wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

The thing is, this is the base damage of Explosive Arrow. The tooltip does not count any increased damage or more damage multipliers. In fact, the single target damage from Explosive Arrow can be insane if you know how to manage it ! (Single target setup + multi stacking on a frost wall = at least half life on most endgame bosses, often 3/4th of life or even one shot)

Could you please explain these mechanics in detail for people like me who don't know how EA damage works?

"
Vadler wrote:
"
xenochaos1 wrote:

do you just add frost wall and manually cast it? and does all the arrow in the wall shotgun?!
i thought 5 fuse was the max, but on a wall the epxosion cna hit mroe than 5 time?

elso how do we heal beside potion?
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Sep 16, 2015, 4:18:45 PM
Yeah fuse x5 is just the max stack count on any individual mob, but the explosions can hit as many times as there are fuses near enough. And the explosions shotgun.
so what setup would you do for frost wall? just a manual cast?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info