[2.0] Saruman's Hybrid Explosive Arrow Single Player Map MF'er (20/250+ IIQ/IIR) + Videos

Unlucky, and thanks for the response dawg.
Been playing past few days with LMP, and I must say that clear speed is better with GMP and +1 quiver ...

I can only explain that, the damage is still monster, the penalty from GMP doesnt affect the clear speed in terms of damage, but the EA has modifier that with each additional fuse you get +2 to explosion radius ...

So we fire 6 fuses with each shot, instead of 4 with LMP, and with lets say three shots with GMP and +1 quiver, we have +12 to the radius, compared to the LMP's radius...

Explosion's radius gets huge AoE overlap, and eventually monsters in packs are down a lot faster ...

IGN: Sarumanica
Hi, thinking of doing a variation of this for the upcoming 1 month. I think you go a bit overkill with the damage nodes, especially rocking a 26 EA. What are the least useful damage nodes that could be dropped, and invested into more life?

I want to run it in the HC league but feel you need more life to avoid stuns and generally feel more safe.

I recently played a hybrid summoner in tempest and reached 11.6k combined health (5.1k life, 6.3k ES), with a staff (no ES shield). I'd like to reach similar levels of EHP with this build. Something like this:

dropping the shadow area and just stacking more life.
Last edited by dandan88 on Sep 27, 2015, 11:03:13 AM
Hmm, those few points spent in shadow skill tree section are crucial, additional dex, great boost to attack speed, mana and life leech ...

I'd drop those arsonist nodes in marauder section, and eventually fire section on top of the witch tree ...
Could someone tell me why it should be a Makareth bow? Is it really neccessary?
Or is another +3 bow fine? Is there even a difference? Thanks! :)
Hey -
So, I tried serleth's poison arrow build in WB and it sucked donkey shit.

Reason being, the build requires a +1/+1 at least to do anything remotely decent.

How good is this EA build without dropping the exalts to go through the whole crafting process to 6L a bow and then mod it for +1? Is it good with just a 5L on say a +2?

Don't want to level another guy up in a new league just to find out the gear requirements were never said or expanded upon by a bad OP
Before getting EA in your hands, level your char with Flame Totem,it will use all the nodes from your passive tree well.

When you get your EA, you'll need 4L Quill Rain, which costs at max 5c in new leagues, and you'll be fine with it until LvL75 Maps.

After that, to hit those high LvL maps, you should be able to stack some currencies to get yourself going with that +3 5L mennace.

Higher the IIR on your gear, the higher are your expenses going to be going forward in improving your char's life, energy shield, resistances, etc; meaning survivability.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or ingame.

Last edited by Lorodrins on Sep 30, 2015, 5:12:20 AM
This looks interesting, would you mind putting together a small list for the early levelling (Flametotem) and point of transition to Quill Rain (4L, 5L)? Anything not to miss when transitioning? Perhaps a lvl 80-85 priority tree? Or do you aim to go for Jewels directly?

I have not exactly great expertise with EA, how is hitting a full stack of 5 fuses on an elemental reflect rare in 2.1.x?

How does Purity of Elements or Purity of Fire fare if we'd drop AA?

Any plans on incorporating a second Andvarius altho you seem fine with one?

As far as I've seen, a single frostwall would greatly increase single target dps without switching gems, or am I mistaken?

And a final question for this post: do you recommend this very build in a fresh league as a starting character?
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Hey,

great Builds so far!

Like Chronodroid asked, i also want to know:

1) Is this Build able to start completely fresh in a League or u think its better to take this as 2nd or 3rd char?

2) I really think that the elemental reflect is a problem with EA ? What experinces u got during mapping? If i Shoot over my screen and a Reflect mob takes 5 Fuses and reflect that dmg u are instant dead, right? Maybe Purity of Fire helps here ?

3) Maybe u can do a Level Section, would be cool.

4) I have tested EA with Frost wall and i have to say, that the frost wall is counted as "npc/mob".
You know you are not able to shotgunning a mob anymore. So in my tests, if u cast a frostwall and shoot to this wall, only 1 Arrow from the 6-7 Arrows will stuck in the frost wall. So i dont think its a dps boost anymore.

Thx for answering.

Gerry
Guess I'll just add to the list of questions here:

Any plans to keep ths updated after 2.1 or 2.2? I doubt much will change for the former, but alternative Ascendancy prestige classes may offer some benefits that witch does not.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info