When will PoE be challanging?

"
Leeges wrote:
Hello.

I'm new to PoE and wanted to find a game that would really challange me. I seen that this game has a hardcore mode and I love the idea of having one life, especially being a first time player!

As most new players would, I have done every quest up to "find the karui spirit".

I'm finding myself spamming Molten Strike constantly with no thought and my HP doesn't drain at all so there's no point in using my other survival skills..

I understand that I'm level 10 in a level 6 zone but I don't want to miss out on any good quest rewards such as the 1 passive point reward!

When will it become more than spamming Molten Strike?

Thanks,

Leeges.

try and do the core map.
"
Muldini wrote:
I highly recommend that you bookmark this thread to read it again in a month or two :) You'll like it, I promise.

I agree, you will like it. Hopefully you will not change your tune 180 and become loathsome with the chant of, omg, GGG please nerf X or please nerf Y.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
People here saying Act4 cruel, I say final boss of Act4 Normal (and few other before him).
So, in other words - soon... :=)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Oct 22, 2015, 1:20:31 AM
Oh tiny grasshopper.
Probably some troll having fun.
TL Didn't read all responses. Am I the only one who realized that OP was trolling and scored huge?
"
GeoExile wrote:
TL Didn't read all responses. Am I the only one who realized that OP was trolling and scored huge?

Stating what is universally considered to be true doesn't work for the purposes of trolling. At all.

Also of note, mostly towards people posting in the here and now: he was level 10 at the time of writing, played a bit more, hasn't logged on since a month. He's not coming back. Just let the thread die.
A new player without trading for gear and playing HC will likely have difficulty with all of the Act Bosses in Normal. Not mind blowing difficulty, but there will be challenge.

Most of the opinions here are jaded by time spent playing. They have access to better gear and skills and knowledge that a new player lacks. Don't take it personally if people say you shouldn't be challenged by normal. It says more about their lack of understanding than your ability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info