Why do we have 20kes-5k es regen build possible but not life ones?

ES has no flasks to save ur butt.
Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
My warbands ranger is 9.1k life, 1.3k regen, 13k armor and isn't even melee. Blood dance is a hell of a thing.

Life regen builds are at an all-time high right now, TBH.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
lolozori wrote:
I for exemple have a level 98 marauder. In order to have 8k life i had to use normal kaom and take only life nodes and few resist nodes.
I could not take dps nodes (I opted for a 2h) and i use the strongest available unique non mirror axe (disfavour).

Spoilers: DyNess' tank also has zero DPS nodes, that's why he got to 20k ES. If you want to make something similar with Life, your tree's going to function similarly too. Also shields are a thing.
"
Roland_ wrote:
"
lolozori wrote:
I for exemple have a level 98 marauder. In order to have 8k life i had to use normal kaom and take only life nods and few resist nods.

I could not take dps nods (I opted for a 2h) and i use the strongest available unique non mirror axe (disfavour).

My dps is far from being at the top with 10k dps cyclone.

I for exemple have a level 97 marauder with 8657 life without kaom, 7 endur charges, 660 regen with charges, 7600 armour, 19.5k phys dps cyclone with 2.8% LL + 73% LL rate + Lgoh, 41k cyclone total dps (67k then I changed inc AOE for conc effect for bosses) in h/o without frenzy charges.
20k ES ofc more tanky then me, but I can kill that 81 Piety 5-6 times faster :)

well there we have it.

My cyclone marauder has 6,600 life with a 185% tree that stretches right into the ranger start. If I specced 250%+ life and stayed in the strength part of the tree where Im getting 5 flat life for every 10 str travel node rather than 50% of my pathing being in dex land, then took 4+ jewel slots and put a 7% life jewel in each one im fairly sure I could hit 8k life. Im using a rare chest. Etup was well over 7k right with a coil on? Im pretty sure he either did hit 8k or could have hit 8k if he wanted to.

As viper says, that es build is just that, es and regen. My marauder tree has over 480% increased damage all in, nearly 80% attack speed, im currently sitting at 17k armour 13k evasion 42% block, 6 endurance etc... I feel like theres an awful lot I could drop there to easily get over 250% life while still having strong mitigation. Not that Id want to but option is there in theory.
Because a CI build like that will have a small fraction of the mitigation a life build can achieve through armor and evasion.

Last edited by Zed_ on Sep 8, 2015, 1:23:31 PM
...and endu charges. And block! Srsly block is a wonderful thing.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
well, because theyre different. You can make an 8k life 800 regen build if you want, but the thing is you can do that while also wearing a lightning coil, having armour, evasion, life flasks, being at the bottom of the tree as an attacker with huge physical damage leech and leech rate, life on hit gem 7 attacks per second aoe etc. You dont sacrifice defense on gear for that life pool the way an es build does.

Life is so much better than es that if u could have 20k life 3k regen no one would ever even humor the idea of using es, thats sort of what es has going for it while not having all those other things.

edit: when I say armour i mean real armour, like 10-20k armour + 6 endurance charges type armour.

True story: I have a lvl 89 templar with 20k ES and 16k AR, before flasks or molten shell. My regen isn't as high though, only 2k/sec.

80/75/76
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Sep 8, 2015, 6:54:56 PM
that sounds op as fk, u got a link to the gear and tree anywhere?
You can stack a good amount of armor with pure ES gear using a good +armor belt, Molten shell, and Granite flasks of iron skin.

Trick with ES is NOT to get surrounded. If you do, you need a way to deal with it........ This is one way..

Stun is a whole other story.
It's free, quit complaining, and just play the game.
Last edited by Benalishhero on Sep 8, 2015, 7:27:12 PM
I have ci aegis builds, for sure you can stack armour and its great, but I have like 10-12k es on those sort of builds not 20k. Mind you, dagger crit melee, they do actually spend points on damage as well so I guess dropping that side of things I could probably make it happen I guess. 16k armour without flasks tho, thats pretty intense, I maybe have 16k armour WITH flasks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info