[2.2 Korago's "Budget" Life based Mjolner - No Voll's required, updated for Ascendancy!]

Great build, explained well. Thanks!
free bump cause this shit looks fun
currently level 76 with this build and it is pretty good. The only thing that I would reccomend is getting a jewel with mana gained on hit. Its a waste of a gem slot to use blood magic if you are using molten strike or lightning strike a +2 mana gained on hit jewel is sufficient to sustain it. I killed atziri twice and it was pretty easy both times. would definitely reccomend this build to anyone who has a semi-decent computer. Here is the gear I am using.

Spoiler
I've got the Reduced Mana Reserved nodes on the top left and those under Vaal Pact. With this I can use Wrath + Arctic Armor + Purity of Lightning + Herald of Thunder. Total Mana Reserved is 98%

Wrath gives MORE xx% Lightning dmg to Spells (and this is multiplied by my xx% Increased Effect of Auras). So this aura alone is giving me a lot more dmg.

The down side is that I have to use Blood Magic for every self-cast skill I want to use, since 98% of my mana is reserved.
Because of this I decided to put Curse and Golem on a Cast When Dmg Taken, so I dont have to self cast them. (and it was a good idea actually, because I always forget to recast the Golem).
I keep dying or losing out on Damage beginning of Cruel...Please can anyone post some tips on leveling just to get to 66???

I tried Reverberation Rod with Spark>LightPen>FastProj and even Lifesprig and It feels so weak...I even focused on just getting the spell damage nodes by Scion and picking up most of the life wheel...Also Mana is always an issue even when I got the Mana nodes and Shaper.

What skills can I level with? Any help would be great because leveling as Scion is Painful in HC.
Last edited by RagnarLoftbrook on Jan 1, 2016, 9:41:18 PM
I decided to do some testing in order to find the best/most effective aura setup.
I have to mention that my build doesn't use Endurance Charges. It's a pure lightning build.

Discharge at lvl 19: 28-540 base lightning damage per power charge.

Wrath at lvl 19: +21% MORE lightning dmg with spells.
(with +25% increased aura effect from tree, it goes to more 26%)

Herald of Thunder at lvl 19: 18-71 lightning dmg to spells

Buffs from passive tree, jewels, and gear:

- 110% elemental dmg
- 41% area dmg
- 56% lightning dmg
- 56% spell dmg
- 26% more lightning dmg from spells, if Wrath is up

All tests were done with 6 power charges up.

No Wrath / No Herald: 610 - 11,761 lightning dmg per Discharge cast

Only Herald: 708 - 12,148 lightning dmg per Discharge cast

Only Wrath: 768 - 14,819 lightning dmg per Discharge cast

Wrath + Herald: 892-15,306 lightning dmg per Discharge cast

As you can see, the damage output with Wrath is much higher than Herald alone, since Wrath gives +xx% MORE dmg.

Important note: These numbers are with 6 power charges up. If I had, for example, only 1 power charge up, then Herald of Thunder would play a bigger role in my final damage output.

With less power charges up, Herald helps more.
With more power charges up, Herald helps less.
"
What skills can I level with?

I used:
Flame Totem in a 4-link with Added Lightning, Added Cold and Faster Projectiles.

Firestorm with Added Cold and Added Lightning in Lifesprig.

But I started as a Templar, which has a lot of "+xx% increased elemental damage" right from the start.

Later, when I had the Mana Regen (with Clarity) for constant Firestorm casting, I put Firestorm gems in my Tabula Rasa with Spell Echo, Life Leech and Faster Casting.

I play non-HC standard, and leveling was really easy. Died first time during mid-end Cruel due to a full-yolo Boss Fight.

But i guess that in HC, with all the defensive gameplay, lots of resists and life nodes, it should be safer.
Last edited by KaioNS on Jan 2, 2016, 12:05:27 AM
I must say i am very pleased with your build mate!
I am curently lvl 76, and i am mowing trough everything.
The build is also great against double reflect, with saffels equiped ofc.

I will post back how it goes against Atziri, but as i see it it should be very easy.

Thank you for this awesome build :D

Jungley Valley decently hard
Last edited by Seksoman on Jan 4, 2016, 1:29:46 PM
What if I ran double arc and lightning pen in mjolner? Would i still need the romiras banquet? I'm guessing the single target damage wont be as good but it should work fine until I can afford more expensive gear right? And then once I get a voll's I should be able to switch that in as well?

if I could, should it be double arc with lightning pen, or do I have to run life leech gem? I dont have that life leech belt.

Also I plan on playing hardcore so what was your dps and defensive stats? pretty interested in tryna make this build work for me

also what do you think of the repentance gloves?
Last edited by K1ngKwan on Jan 5, 2016, 1:40:08 AM
Can someone give me some help...

I put on Foible and followed the tree of skill tree 60 and I still can't equip my Mjolner even with Foible...

I tried equipping Daresso's/Devoto's/SaffelsFrame/RomiraBanquet/Foible and I am still shy of almost 100 Strength and even with the fertile mind jewel I am shy of intelligence.

LashofLightning is my character name.

I can't afford the doryani's or the Astramenthis.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info