Serious problem in the game!

My PC has an AMD 64 X4 Quad-Core 3.4ghz processor, 4gb Kingston Hyperx DDR3 1600 Ram, and a Geforce 660 GPU, and it runs this game smooth as butter.
IGN: Darkflayme
My favorite flavor text: "Swinging through the air, it sings
of sundered, severed, missing things."
"
twiztedterry wrote:
My PC has an AMD 64 X4 Quad-Core 3.4ghz processor, 4gb Kingston Hyperx DDR3 1600 Ram, and a Geforce 660 GPU, and it runs this game smooth as butter.

Yeah no :) PoE drops to 30 fps on my PC and it should stay >60 all the time [i5 2500k, GTX 560, 8gb ddr3 in 1280x1024] even with 6 people in party and all effects.
"
twiztedterry wrote:

No it doesn't, you just aren't putting yourself into situations that cause massive frame hits.
Im bumping the thread up becouse more and more people are complaining about this.
IGN: Lnvoker
"
Russell wrote:
I think we fixed the major fps drops in the docks and the dark forest. Turns out they had 2 sets of shadows rendering at the same time : D. One from the environment light and one from the player light. Of coarse players in no shadow yucky mode would not have encountered this problem :P

Yes we know the game needs to be optimized. Though it still seems to run fine on my spare pc at home which is a gaming rig from 5-6+ years ago (8800 gt nvidia and 6600 intel quad core duo 2 gig of ram). We need another pro graphics programmer because Johnathans super bogged down with more important work.. Like making sure the game servers stay up and stable.

Go try to run the game in a 5/6 years old ATI pc, whith all disabled and you will feel the pain hehe.
Sorry for my english dudes! D:
"
twiztedterry wrote:

No it doesn't.

I'm running a 4.3GHz Ivy Bridge, GTX 680, 8GB DDR, SSD beast of a machine and in 3 player co-op the frame rate drops as low as 30fps during AOE. "Smooth as butter" would be 60fps constant with vSync enabled, something I achieve in every game on the market pretty much.

There's no reason to blow smoke up GGG's ass, the game doesn't run great even on monster rigs and pretending is does won't help the situation improve, and it certainly won't benefit the game. Certain skills have a much larger impact on the frame rate, but the whole game needs optimization and I would expect it'll get it when the game is near completion.
You want proof? Should I livestream a full party spamming AOE? I have never had the game drop to "Unplayable" FPS like some people are claiming, i've also never had any graphic stutters or hiccoughs.
IGN: Darkflayme
My favorite flavor text: "Swinging through the air, it sings
of sundered, severed, missing things."
"
twiztedterry wrote:
You want proof? Should I livestream a full party spamming AOE? I have never had the game drop to "Unplayable" FPS like some people are claiming, i've also never had any graphic stutters or hiccoughs.

Yes, I would love to see that.
I have 6+ years old pc (only have newer graphic card) and im aware that it could be laggy sometimes, but it works quite good -> only 1sec lag on first attack in new instance and of course during disco nights when LS, LA, firestorm and other things make me blind. Actually i could live with small lags in this game (even if others could go smooth) but number of effects in mid-late game is killing everything the only thing i could do is continuously clicking and looking at my health orb.
Running two GTX260 in SLI mode with a i7-2700k with everything on lowest settings.

Getting lag/stutter when using Poison Arrow with LMP (A lot of poison pools) and using Lightning Arrow with LMP+Chain also creates lag.

(Running other games with similar or even better graphics doesn't lag for me.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info