Serious problem in the game!

Ok for all the people who wants my specs.

CPU Intel Core2Duo E8400 2x 3GHz
GPU Nvidia GTX 280
RAM 4GB

Yeah its a old system, but for example I can run the PC game "Sleeping Dogs" everything on highest settings and this game has 500x better graphics than PoE. Just a comparison how PoE could reworked better. Or another example is D3, it has better grahpics too and it doesnt lagg either.

And for the people who says I have a aggressive attitude: Maybe it seems like I have, but I just want that the people from GGG know what they can improve in their game and this thing is a huge thing and as I said I'm not the only one who has the same problems with the game. I just want to help, its feedback.

"
Russell wrote:
I think we fixed the major fps drops in the docks and the dark forest. Turns out they had 2 sets of shadows rendering at the same time : D. One from the environment light and one from the player light. Of coarse players in no shadow yucky mode would not have encountered this problem :P Yes we know the game needs to be optimized. Though it still seems to run fine on my spare pc at home which is a gaming rig from 5-6+ years ago (8800 gt nvidia and 6600 intel quad core duo 2 gig of ram). We need another pro graphics programmer because Johnathans super bogged down with more important work.. Like making sure the game servers stay up and stable.

The laggs occur everywhere, not only in docks/dark forest. And I cant belive that it runs fine at a 8800GT and 6600 Intel. My specs are really better and it's unplayable in a full group.
IGN: Lnvoker
Last edited by Invoker33 on Feb 14, 2013, 7:16:30 PM
Sleeping dogs doesn't have explosions stacking and covering the entire screen however. If it did it would lag. No matter how pro your game is if you have effects stacking and stacking and stacking fps will drop like crazy. We probably need to sort out a way to disable party spell effects (not impact effects)

Solo wise the 8800 run the game at around 40-50 fps with shadows on and no AA.

We know about this issue however and being more aggressive about it wont make it happen any faster. If we had 120+ devs like these triple A titles then this would have been addressed far before open beta. However we have 19. 2 of those included in that number are support (though we have a lot more support staff now)
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
I'm in no way adding to the flame of this post topic the poster or GGG, i have a asus g73 with a intel i7. its not a monster by any means, but really the point in this posting is to say how little problem I had running this game before open beta. the game used to run on my "tv computer" a 5 year old gateway. now even my lap top struggles often enough to have killed off quite a few HC toons. I've been playing POE for a while now, and I think posts like this are people trying to say in their own way we want the game to succeed. I enjoy the game a lot and cant wait to get back into playing it when its a bit more stable, and hopefully at some point there will be a scale down spell effects option. good luck with the fix!
"
Russell wrote:
Sleeping dogs doesn't have explosions stacking and covering the entire screen however. If it did it would lag. No matter how pro your game is if you have effects stacking and stacking and stacking fps will drop like crazy. We probably need to sort out a way to disable party spell effects (not impact effects)

Solo wise the 8800 run the game at around 40-50 fps with shadows on and no AA.

We know about this issue however and being more aggressive about it wont make it happen any faster. If we had 120+ devs like these triple A titles then this would have been addressed far before open beta. However we have 19. 2 of those included in that number are support (though we have a lot more support staff now)

What about resolution settings for alpha textures? Like half and quarter resolution of current ones? It shouldnt cost much work: get all alpha textures files, resample them to lower resolutions, add context menu in graphical settings, ???, profit :)

Lower resolution shaders would also help a lot for slower rigs.
Last edited by KKRT on Feb 14, 2013, 8:01:24 PM
"Sleeping Dogs"

Come on, wtf. Its a console game, you think the graphic is awesome but you have no clue. Console Games work with many tricks to hide the extremly low texture resolutions. (Even Skyrim looked awful on my high end PC)

Its 2013. Just dont play on Laptops and spend a little bit in a new PC. GGG is not gonna make their game run on your calculator with 120fps.
"

Come on, wtf. Its a console game, you think the graphic is awesome but you have no clue. Console Games work with many tricks to hide the extremly low texture resolutions.

Except a real pc gamer would have fact checked this first, and realized that sleeping dogs has a high resolution official texture pack that's been out since day 1 and is one of the best looking PC games to date.

It also has a more heavily populated game world on PC, and has DX11 features.

"
Its 2013. Just dont play on Laptops and spend a little bit in a new PC. GGG is not gonna make their game run on your calculator with 120fps.

Dev confirms that this game isn't optimized and can cause huge frame drops, and THIS is what you post?

I'm on a GTX 570 and an i5 3570k @4.6 GHz and having too much shit on screen can drop me to 20fps. Calculator my ass.
Last edited by Xendran on Feb 15, 2013, 3:53:05 AM
"
Xendran wrote:

"

Dev confirms that this game isn't optimized and can cause huge frame drops, and THIS is what you post?

I'm on a GTX 570 and an i5 3570k @4.6 GHz and having too much shit on screen can drop me to 20fps. Calculator my ass.

That's the fact I'm talking about. Some kids just dont understand how huge this problem really is. You are the best example, in my opinion your PC is really good and you should be able to run PoE easily without laggs.

I mean yeah I know you can't fix the problems with the spells in 1 day, but u just need to rework the spell effects and that's it. I just want a statement that you are aware of this problem and that you are working on it. Thats enough for me. I'm just like every other player I just want to have fun and play the game, but at the moment its really hard to play the game with these laggs.

"
Russell wrote:

Sure I understand you, Sleeping Dogs isn't the best example but what about D3? It's the almost the same game and it doesnt lagg either.
Last edited by Invoker33 on Feb 15, 2013, 8:32:00 AM
"
Invoker33 wrote:
"
Xendran wrote:

"

That's the fact I'm talking about. Some kids just dont understand how huge this problem really is. You are the best example, in my opinion your PC is really good and you should be able to run PoE easily without laggs.

I mean yeah I know you can't fix the problems with the spells in 1 day, but u just need to rework the spell effects and that's it. I just want a statement that you are aware of this problem and that you are working on it. Thats enough for me. I'm just like every other player I just want to have fun and play the game, but at the moment its really hard to play the game with these laggs.

"
Russell wrote:

Sure I understand you, Sleeping Dogs isn't the best example but what about D3? It's the almost the same game and it doesnt lagg either.

You're just absolutely clueless, or can't read. Haven't decided yet.
"
darkjoy wrote:
You're just absolutely clueless, or can't read. Haven't decided yet.

And you behave like a 12 years old kid.
"
Invoker33 wrote:
You could add a option in the graphics option menu that you can adjust the details of the spell effects by yourself like Low - Middle - High.

A lot of people claiming this, me either.
Sorry for my english dudes! D:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info