Guild Hideouts - A whole new idea - Please read! :)

Guild Hideouts

Hello all,

I would like to share an idea myself and my guild (Umbra Exiles) have been discussing recently. We're not the biggest guild but we're definitely not the smallest either. It really interests many of us active guild players about the idea of having a "guild hideout". There's a guild, a guild stash, and player hideouts - we thought, well, why not a guild hideout?

A place where everybody in the guild (perhaps even connecting people across leagues, with the right boundaries set) could hang out, chat, mingle and perhaps even map or craft together.

Features could include guild map devices, special stashes and crafting areas, customizable areas, banners, pvp areas, expandable areas based on guild size and so much more!

This would definitely motivate people to donate to the guild to upgrade their hideout to include more activities, useful items, even more people, areas, or just to make it look better.
Guild stash tabs, member slots and player micro-transactions would be more sought after and it would give people a chance to show them off to more than just the people they're partying up with. It would bring in an entirely new section just for guild hideout design.

So there's definitely something in it for the makers of this game as well as the players :)

The possibilities are endless for sure, but take a look yourself, here's some what I've compiled so far based on my thoughts and feedback from other players.

Suggestions so far:
Spoiler

Guild crafting areas
Guild Map devices
Unique Guild stashes
Guild Microtransactions (both cosmetic and functional)
Guild PVP areas
Guild contests and challenges
Guild games and races
Drop-exclusive hideout items and decorations
"Guild hideout of the month"
Guild noticeboard
Guild rank expansion (including more than just member/officer/leader, possibly point or time based)

More to come - please post your ideas below and I will be sure to include them!

Please - if you like this idea, show your support by bumping and sharing the thread, or posting your own feedback and suggestions below. I will edit this as it progresses.
Last edited by BloatedMaggot on Sep 4, 2015, 12:57:45 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Reserved.
This would be really great if feasible, and certainly something I think most active guilds would use.
That idea would not only benefit the guild but the game overall.
Lately many players are playing solo because of lack of a shared place to interact with others.
Guild chat is not the same
It would give guild members to make contests on their own - race, hide and seek etc
Interacting with others would be a nice social boost and also boost for GGG microtransactions because... hey who would like to look like crap infront of all guildmates? :)
I see only benefit here for both sides.
Make this happen GGG
Umbra Exiles!
Last edited by VapersIsland on Sep 3, 2015, 4:24:51 PM
Thanks both :)
New NPC - Guild Master with complete new guild challenges where for example 25% guild will have to finish the task so guild could receive special guild hideout only items and regualr favor for regular guild hideout items to make it nice.

Monthly contests made by GGG for the best guild hideout with prizes

Last edited by VapersIsland on Sep 3, 2015, 4:38:59 PM
Great idea!
Censored.
A very large real estate one as well, I also would like GGG to give out a trophy once a month, well it was fun in eq2 when I won a trophy for an award and displayed it in my home.... nerd rush lol

There are players who like to micro organize and do some home designing for fun and pride.

Also off topic, but I think the bosses could drop or have a chance to drop an item to be display items, especially for guild halls if they ever come just imo, great topic!

Like poster said above for hanging out and crafting, add some sort of machine/device that is only available to be in guild halls that gives a small bonus to crafting skills or something.
I can be spotted wondering Wraeclast
not sure if allowed to post about another game but this page has a basic rundown on guild halls in eq2
\
http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_Hall_Amenities
I can be spotted wondering Wraeclast
Thanks for the support and suggestions, folks!
Will update again today :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info