Should Ice Storm have a PvP damage reduction?

Maybe it's just me and my build can't deal with it, but I'm completely unable to win from Whispering Ice builds. I'm a top 20 player though... what are your experiences?
Imo it should be nerfed, the cast speed or duration for sure maybe even the damage.
Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
Imo it should be nerfed, the cast speed or duration for sure maybe even the damage.

I see no possibility for 2H cycloners stand a chance against decent whispering ice build.(generally melee) But we should consider and talk about possibilities for 2H cycloners too.

Hrimnor's + Crystal Skin, okay, you are 100% chill immune, thats great. You avoid hypothermia damage multiplier.

Thats a must.

With my sword lightning strike build i had no problems vs cantbearyou, but lapizz was really strong with his very quick recharge, and very high recharge rate.

2h cycloners also should consider using sweep + empire's grasp and ball lightning + cwdt + knockback.

If lapiz or cantbearyou could help us to test whether 2h cycloners can stand a chance against decent whispering ice build that would be great.

I recommend Xukai, Ahfack and Mulla as 2H cycloner. I wish thusla was active, its a big loss that he is inactive nowadays.

I can provide empire's grasp gloves if its needed.

I'll record the game and send results to them by mail.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Sep 4, 2015, 5:58:08 AM
2handers dont stand a chance really. But who can they really beat anyways? 2handers lose to all tier1 builds.
"
lapiz wrote:
2handers dont stand a chance really. But who can they really beat anyways? 2handers lose to all tier1 builds.

Pa and phys rangers are generally beaten by 2h but besides that ..
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
"
lapiz wrote:

Pa and phys rangers are generally beaten by 2h but besides that ..

PA is more like a joke build because of CI. Also just a few item swaps counter the build too hard.

I find it hard to believe that phys ranger with a tier1 setup gets beaten by 2h.. Maybe Im wrong.

Regarding the actual topic: yeah icestorm is probably a bit too powerful for pvp currently. I would go as far as to say it is the strongest build if someone were to make one with tier1 items.
Last edited by lapiz on Sep 5, 2015, 6:21:58 AM
Any not yet nerfed skill is 'too stronk' with proper use.
That's why PoE PvP sux, made a good build - ppl start whining - get nerfed to shit tier.

considered fps drop ice storm cause it should be nerfed to 'totally unusable' state.
Last edited by EFBBBF on Sep 5, 2015, 10:43:12 AM
Problem with this games PvP is how shitty the engine is. Constant desynch or lockstep stutter or full on screen freezing. Balance of PvP should be last on the list, while having the game not run like shit as the first.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
EFBBBF wrote:
Any not yet nerfed skill is 'too stronk' with proper use.
That's why PoE PvP sux, made a good build - ppl start whining - get nerfed to shit tier.

considered fps drop ice storm cause it should be nerfed to 'totally unusable' state.

well sorry sir but there is no way to beat whispering ice at the moment, wouldnt poe pvp suck with such unbalance?
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Since 1.3 poe pvp 'balance' is random dmg sliders twitching.

For sure '1.5 screen' aoe skill with chilled ground (30% slow) is absurdly strong, Why the hell it's not affected by additional pvp dmg reduction like glacial hammer is?
Last edited by EFBBBF on Sep 5, 2015, 10:48:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info