Should Ice Storm have a PvP damage reduction?

its the new EA...
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - I suck at this game.
"
EFBBBF wrote:
Since 1.3 poe pvp 'balance' is random dmg sliders twitching.

For sure '1.5 screen' aoe skill with chilled ground (30% slow) is absurdly strong, Why the hell it's not affected by additional pvp dmg reduction like glacial hammer is?

*cough* level 33 item *cough*

not in lld balance radar

Seriously it kind of suck GGG pvp balance team just give rat ass about anything higher than level 28.

It not hard really to see what skill is op and what need to be buffed. Seems those guys never even take the time to just go in sarn public and observe stuff around.

I heard the dev can even take people toon and play with it.. when is the last time they done that on a top 10 hld ladder and see what are the op stuff ? probably never.

How i see it they just run graph all day away from any realistic live testing and balancing.

EA is still for now more broken than whispering btw but I can feel the pain of people facing inc AOE whispering users in those retarded corridor 1 vs 1 maps.

also wtf you don t even need to 6l the staff to make it work like a 6l.

when you see what it can do vs pve boss you understand it need to have damage reduction on pvp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt-xiWk3PEE
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 8, 2015, 11:27:34 AM
"
lolozori wrote:
"
EFBBBF wrote:
Since 1.3 poe pvp 'balance' is random dmg sliders twitching.

For sure '1.5 screen' aoe skill with chilled ground (30% slow) is absurdly strong, Why the hell it's not affected by additional pvp dmg reduction like glacial hammer is?

*cough* level 33 item *cough*

not in lld balance radar

Seriously it kind of suck GGG pvp balance team just give rat ass about anything higher than level 28.

It not hard really to see what skill is op and what need to be buffed. Seems those guys never even take the time to just go in sarn public and observe stuff around.

I heard the dev can even take people toon and play with it.. when is the last time they done that on a top 10 hld ladder and see what are the op stuff ? probably never.

How i see it they just run graph all day away from any realistic live testing and balancing.

EA is still for now more broken than whispering btw but I can feel the pain of people facing inc AOE whispering users in those retarded corridor 1 vs 1 maps.

also wtf you don t even need to 6l the staff to make it work like a 6l.

when you see what it can do vs pve boss you understand it need to have damage reduction on pvp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt-xiWk3PEE

i think chill mechanics should be reworked for pvp.

cwdt lvl 1 + Arctic breath 4/20 + GMP + increased duration is OP. arctic breaths chill duration should be according to damage / HP% instead of a base duration of Arctic breath.

Chill Reduced attack speed modifier should be decreased to 20% from 30%. Movespeed reducement also must be lower.

AoE reduction is more necessary than damage reduction for whispering ice i think
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
After being possibly the longest playing icestorm pvper in warbands, I have to say you're exaggerating a bit. It's very possible to counter icestorm. For one thing, its dps is huge but only if you stay in 1 area and get stacked 3+. If you run some kind of spell setup with dagger (so you can run new op wb) and spellblock with aegis (or no aegis, doesn't really matter) and tempest you completely counter icestorm lol.

Melee with chill immunity + warding flask can easily fight on even ground because you can kill him before he kills you through tons of stacks.

Of course this is on warbands without mirrored gear. On standard it should be easier with 500-600 pdps crit melee/ranged...
"
berkshireee wrote:
After being possibly the longest playing icestorm pvper in warbands, I have to say you're exaggerating a bit. It's very possible to counter icestorm. For one thing, its dps is huge but only if you stay in 1 area and get stacked 3+. If you run some kind of spell setup with dagger (so you can run new op wb) and spellblock with aegis (or no aegis, doesn't really matter) and tempest you completely counter icestorm lol.

Melee with chill immunity + warding flask can easily fight on even ground because you can kill him before he kills you through tons of stacks.

Of course this is on warbands without mirrored gear. On standard it should be easier with 500-600 pdps crit melee/ranged...

Everybody doesnt have dagger builds or block builds. As i said in earlier posts tempest shield counters really well.

With mirrored gear, Whispering Ice gets much more stronger than any build, trust me. LAPIZ has 15K ES with 7/10 Gear with 10/10 gear you can get 18K ES. HLD is all about beeing able to initiate or punishing your opponents initiations. Nothing punishes initiation harder than high geared whispering ice. LAPIZ, he has very short recharge delay, and monstrous recharge rate. When you get 18K ES, your opponents 600 pdps, 1000 pdps weapons doesnt matter vs aoe spam. you gonna wreck your opponent.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I haven't seen standard pvp in a long time, but won't even 18k es die pretty fast to the top dps builds? What about the crit ek, arc 1 shots? Or is that not enough.
I have 12k ES and 1200 regen and there are almost no builds that can kill me "pretty fast".
Especially not spells! Btw at the moment spell casters seem to be almost non-existant in HLD.
The only pvpers these days seem to be archers and shield-melee... .
Come to warbands, then. It's not the case here :)
"
berkshireee wrote:
Come to warbands, then. It's not the case here :)

as i said, with flamedash you can move in the ice storm area you created and your opponent dies while trying to chase you.
"
Soepkieken wrote:
Btw at the moment spell casters seem to be almost non-existant in HLD.
The only pvpers these days seem to be archers and shield-melee... .

about shield melee,
I see this is the result of buffing block back with gems and tree, the lack of block pen on tree for other weapons (they raised the attck speed of most melee weapon making it hard vs blockers), the nerf of cyclone shiting on 2h rt users the most.

Not everyone have 700 dps sword or 400 dps 1h crit one and most 2h melee can only afford disfavour, and axe don t have bcr on tree.

Also crafting a good 2h weapon is hard and it seem even harder to craft one that can also get the leo bcr mod.

Spell casters got nerfed hard but legionwitch and some others still hurt a lot, plus there is infinite number of ppl playing incinerate and whispering ice nowdays.

Archer? well yea EA still strong, Pa hurt ppl without chaos res and all those move skills like blink arrow,smoke mine... make it a cake walk for them to escape most melee or caster users.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Sep 11, 2015, 4:48:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info