Farmville 2 has an item buyout

"
illuzion987 wrote:

I disagree. We can already go to abc.com and get the item we want, its just ridiculously time consuming and simply does not have to be. Anyone that already has an advantage would still have one. It would just make the game more enjoyable, especially for the more casual player, which I imagine is most of the player base...

I think you're selling short the importance behind effort that it takes to use "abc.com"

First, X seller has to take the time to identify that their level 38 item is actually well rolled for that level. This takes a pretty good understanding of low tier affixes.

Second, X seller has to dedicate stash space and price compare his item, and then price it for "abc.com"

Third, Y buyer has to search for said item on "abc.com" and contact the seller. This may involve waiting around for X seller to finish his map or whatever.

Fourth, X seller and Y buyer have to meet up to complete the trade.

The above is a pretty lengthy process requiring quite a bit of effort from both parties. As you've stated - the method could be simplified to a crazy degree with automated selling, "shop" stash space to save your own stash, etc.

BUT -- Remove all these obstacles and it means people are more likely to throw up random items that they find while leveling or mapping. This floods the market with low end items and devalues them all as a result. So that great level 38 item that was worth a chaos yesterday is worth an alteration today, which then makes it harder to find gear worth selling and trivializes the leveling process because you can buy perfect twink gear at every level for 10 alterations.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Sep 3, 2015, 4:06:32 PM
The market getting flooded by trash would not happen if you can only register like 1-2 items per account.

Not enough slots? lower you price so they sell faster.

So what if some low level newbie gets good item for 10 alts? you jealous? sooner or later he will be looking for "real" items for level 80+, and I doubt you can get those for 10 alts. Besides giving the newbies a relatively easier way to progress into end-game content is simply good for the game.

Some people may not realize the value of rares and earned a lot / lost a lot of orbs?
Aren't the not-so-enthusiastic-in-trading people being ripped off everyday already?

POE is an online game and should have had these fundamental features a long time ago.
"
shoshinsha wrote:
The market getting flooded by trash would not happen if you can only register like 1-2 items per account.

Since this is a free-to-play game anyone could just make more accounts to bypass the limit.

Though even if that wasn't possible to bypass, and the developers did change their mind and decide to allow an automated system, it would not be a good idea to place a limit on this. Rather than promoting setting lower prices as you're expecting, it would promote people to only put their most valuable items up for trade. This makes it more difficult for new players to acquire the cheaper, lower-level items that they need.

It has another negative effect on new players in that they won't know what appropriate prices are when initially starting trading, resulting in many of them having their only slots wasted due to inaccurate prices.
"
Nuro wrote:
"
shoshinsha wrote:

Since this is a free-to-play game anyone could just make more accounts to bypass the limit.

Though even if that wasn't possible to bypass, and the developers did change their mind and decide to allow an automated system, it would not be a good idea to place a limit on this. Rather than promoting setting lower prices as you're expecting, it would promote people to only put their most valuable items up for trade. This makes it more difficult for new players to acquire the cheaper, lower-level items that they need.

It has another negative effect on new players in that they won't know what appropriate prices are when initially starting trading, resulting in many of them having their only slots wasted due to inaccurate prices.

1. Go ahead and make the online shop available only when you are online. I doubt that over 50% of the POE playerbase can run 10+ POE at the same time all day long. What? No offline mode = not convenient? It won't be worse than current "convenience".

2. Most valueable doesn't mean it will sell quickly.

3. I don't see how new players are suffering from an automated system. All I see are people getting ripped off of their orbs, buying rares that I vendor like trash.

4. New players don't know the prices anyway, but I seriously doubt going through that stupid wall of text in trade chat is easier than comparing different people's shops at your own pace.

Inspired from what you have said, we can adopt the method of another game by setting up a "buyer's shop". Each player can make a "WTB Shop" which is for uniques or orbs only. This way you can easily remove all uniques from your shop, so people will put rares into them, instead of uniques which may not sell anyway.
"
Nasreth wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
It's about time old Dialla made herself useful.

Dialla Dolla Bill's Auction House

On a serious note though... I think people underestimate the impact that a supported trade system would have on the game. For example - Tabula Rasa is a really great leveling item, but what happens if it's easy to just walk into town and buy perfect level 40 gear in 10 seconds with 5 alteration orbs? Tabula then loses a lot of value because people don't really need it to progress quickly through the leveling process. That's just one small example of something that a supported auction house would break, the list is actually far greater than that.

don't know if anyone mentioned this but your example is terrible, tabula wouldn't lose any value at all because it's 6 links, that's why people but it (DOOOOOH) and early items don't have 6L and they'd be too expensive to buy and then discard, holy shit htink a little?
"

No one mentioned it because it's not a terrible example. A little extreme, but not terrible. You see, perfect level 40 gear can be 6S now, thanks to strongboxes. Unless there's explicit knowledge that this can't then be linked, then we must assume that 'perfect level 40 gear' would eclipse the fuck out of statless 6L simple robe...

And although I certainly take forever to level, I believe the typical player is level 40 within a handful of hours. We must assume they'd twink, because we're talking about Tabula Rasa here. If we had an auction house (we never will, but IF) and it could be accessed in-game, absolutely Tabula Rasa would lose value. 6L to start is nice but typically more trouble than it's worth, given support costs. Tabula is far from the best twink item. Good for mid-level play and, depending on your build, beyond even that.

Also, I think you got a few typos on your shirt there. Sort of funny telling people to 'htink a little' when you a) didn't even spell it right and b) clearly don't proof-read your oh-so-long posts for clarity and impeccability. Jesus would say something like, "He who is without sin can cast the first stone", but just to make sure I'm being clear here, I'll say: don't accuse others of being thoughtless when you're being careless.

a typo doesn't come from lack of thought, thikn a little

and no tabula wouldnt lose its value, do u even know how much it costs? it costs like 3 times less than the cost of 5Ling an item, and more than 10 times less than the cost of 6Ling an item

those leveling items, if they have good mods, wouldn't be cheap dude, i don't know what items you are thinking about but it would cost hundreds or thousands of exalts to make godly level 40 gear so no the cost of tabula wouldn't be affected at all, rare items that beat the good leveling uniques don't grow on trees, and there's nothing that can come close to maligaro's belt or facebreaker or lifespring

godly leveling rares would simply be far too expensive and unneeded

this is common sense...
Last edited by 1235 on Sep 5, 2015, 10:48:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info