Having been away from these forums a bit, now i can see

"
just know that people around here aren't happy and you need to do something GGG, unless you want to once again alienate 85% of your potential player base just because, for no good reason.

What 85%? Most of players don't even visit forums.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
miljan wrote:
Ok, something is very wrong here, when the biggest fanboys, defenders of GGG start to complain and agree with others with the problems the game has...... the world will end soon.
I thought I was the only loon saying "unique items - not some of them, all of them - are a mistake."

I mean, I think I'm crazy like a fox, but nevertheless I think I'm crazy.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
vio wrote:
devs made a game which is unrewarding and difficult for a majority of players. they even name their company (grinding (for) gear games.

then players keep posting that the company doesn't care for their player base because the game is unrewarding.

where is the logic in this one?

a game puts you into a context and sets you goals and rules to follow.
it's then on you to reach the goals by actually following the rules, not changing them to win.

"
maxor wrote:
Ok its a slow day so ill bite what 4L build allows you to beat atziri?

players managed to beat her with one live point. it's all about tactics and positioning your char.

Hi
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 4, 2015, 12:45:24 AM
Just to clarify.

I've always had the position that Poe is starvation desert mode drops. That will never change, because PoE will never change.

But, yes, i did make the thread that drop rates were fine which they were(from ggg perspective, their end balance worked). They might even have nerfed vaaling maps after that thread, not sure.

I just hope ggg understand that with the form of PoE, if another game of such high quality and depth were to come but that got the gameplay and rewarding aspects as well as the intuitive sides and simplicity(not oversimplicity just lack of the overcomplexity that poe has), then most players would leave it behind it a heartbeat to return only every once in a while because PoE is too frustrating to play as your maingame for too long, comming from a player that never stops playing a game with all my time if it is good enough because i want the neverending experience. They just don't understand how much more PoE could have been than it is. I stopped maining this game after less than a year because after 3k+ hours i learned how the game really was and how choice and freedom to build is restricted behind extremely demotivating loss of value as you trade items around, or behind many many many thousands of hours of straight farming.. just to access another <1% of the games builds. Freedom is an illusion, exile, you are really a slave to a game made for addicted people. And that's PoE truth for your asses. You need to lose value just to access maps, extremely demotivating if that is even a word. The list of bad systems never end in PoE, the list just goes on and on and on and on of how they have backwards fun systems. It's not even worth summorizing because for one i don't think anyone would be able to list them all and also GGG does not give two shits.

But.. it is what it is, i QQ about it every now and then but we all know GGG never fathomed it and never will, they are good but they have their limitations as well..

And as always i just need to add just to make sure they know i still love them.. that poe is still an insanely good game in theory, no one can take that away, it just has shortcommings that means it will be forgotten if a game of equal quality without those extremely glaring shortcommings should come along sometime, which is the only time they might realize we that have been saying it for a long time aren't just talking shit, because you see we want the best game and PoE cannot deliver it, it only takes it so far, but it is the most developed ARPG with the most indepth systems and most work put into the characterization, items, loot and so on, which is why we still play it because there isn't anything better... But man..
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Sep 4, 2015, 1:34:32 AM
I wrote this as a reply to another topic on this forum, and then I just didnt post it, because why bother ultimately. It was still sitting there in an unclosed tab so Ill just stuff it in here as its vague rotten smell seems to suit the grander turd brewing in here.

Spoiler
I think he has a point still though, this game can be very unrewarding.

Im sick of it all coming down to trade personally. How many ex have I made since the awakening? A lot, 100s, not enough to craft a single piece of gear but enough to buy quite a lot of op things. How many ex have I found? 2 I think, how many remotely useful uniques? None that I can remember...

It gets tired man, chris talked once about how empty the feeling was when he found some op item in wow and then just listed it on the AH and sold it, its why he didnt want an AH, he wanted something less hollow. Well, feels to me like this entire game gets hollow in a similar fashion. Drops? Shit for 99% of player base in order to balance the 1% trade gurus. Crafting? Shit for 99% of the player base in order to balance the 1% mirroring gear. Maps? shit for 99% of the player base in order to balance the 1% no life ladder pushing. Im just sick of it, honestly, Im fed up with a game that just isnt fun where it needs to be, isnt rewarding, is constantly living fear of anything being rewarding because that is so out of place in this game that it needs nerfed, and if I feel that way given how ridiculous my threshold for grinding is and how absurd my personal wealth is compared to the average guy I often wonder how this game has that 99% player base left honestly.

Obviously there is too far, diablo 3 is an example of how stupid things get when you just shower players with everything. But this game takes unrewarding to a stupid level, its happy for things like crafting and mapping to literally not function for most people in order to balance economy etc. Fuck their economy and their ladder racing etc, quite frankly. Why dont we have static endgame grinding zones? Oh because then players would get xp, and we cant just let players get xp, a few select players have to be able to get xp and most people have to get fuck all because thats more fun, right? If everyone could just grind xp then everyone would get xp, how would that make 1 tiny minority of players special if everyone who played the game could just play? Its more important that we have a minority of special players and then a mass of peasants who get shit on than actually making a game that functions for the entire player base. How will the game be fun for the elite if every time they take a piss theyre not pissing on 1000 starving plebs beneath them? Crafting is more fun and balanced when basically no one can do it right? If we just let people craft they would get gear, and we cant have people having gear, because reasons.

You know what, lets just find everything in the game that is fun or rewarding or gives you a reason to play and destroy it, put it beyond virtually everyones reach or just never implement it in order to serve some sort of pyramid structure where the entire player base is trapped under a capstone of 10 players because thats how you make a good game, apparently. Reasons to come back will come down to the fact they destroyed your last character in a meta shift and now you need to do something else, thats more fun than a game thats actually rewarding and thats why you come back.

so sick of that bullshit way of thinking, sick of everything in this game being held to ransom to serve the larger community they enjoy playing god over. This isnt our game, this isnt a game for the players, its a game GGG is playing amongst themselves where we are the pieces and they move us around, create little classes and tiers of humans, keep us in our places and feel like gods of their own little sim wraeclast. Fuck the individual player, the game isnt here for you, you are here to make up the numbers, now grind like a good little 3rd world sweat shop worker to serve the greater good of the economy and ladder.

Know your place, fill it, stfu and stop being an entitled little bitch who actually wants to play the game and progress as an individual, if this game had a box that would be the strap line. "Everything is tradable, everything is hollow" maybe. bit more snappy.

and yes it goes against some white knight things I have said too, well that happens, basically. Situations, individual cases theres different takes on, some days I feel one way and other days I feel another way. These thoughts dont apply to everything, i dont want the game to be d3, I do want players with bad builds to actually learn the game rather than being handed the keys to "win regardless" items. But as a general cloud of stink that hangs around persistently, this is sort of where my head is at with the game at large now days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info