Having been away from these forums a bit, now i can see

That there are serious issues with the current form of the game. People are not pleased, and quite a toxic environment is the result.

I could tell you how it is because of ggg wanting to control players and keep them down by starvation mode drops, so on and so forth, but that'll never change.

Just know that it became very clear to me how the fun does not flow around here, and peoples dreams of building characters are crushed due to economic considerations that keeps 95% of people not having shit and not able to really enjoy the game and let go. You have to trick your own mind to really enjoy poe, it does not allow straigtforward fun once you start getting into the endgame and want to build some of the more advanced characters. So.. poe wants to be a long-term game, but in the long term its where it is worst and you need to trick yourself so as not to become faced with reality. That's not good ggg, that's not good, the best game will take you deep into it and never let you go, because it is straightforward and intuitively engaging. People stop posting threads because they know you don't care GGG, they stopped playing, they stopped having hopes and a lot of them simply left poe behind again. They didn't stop posting about issues because they became satisfied, but because they gave up and became hopeless.

Anyways, that's not what i wanted to say.. just know that people around here aren't happy and you need to do something GGG, unless you want to once again alienate 85% of your potential player base just because, for no good reason.

Let the whiteknighting begin.. but remember they are submerged in the situation and do not see clearly.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Sep 2, 2015, 11:19:02 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Arnt you the guy who defended shit maps drops? Thats a huge part of the problem even if you do get geared what for when run face roll for most builds 76 maps most of the time? Thats frustrating.

As far as gear I never whine there since you can beat game and atziri with a 4l. Utility wise drops are fine. But some people want more. I can understand that.

Something between GG geared in three days D3 and PoE would probably make most people happy.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 2, 2015, 11:27:33 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Arnt you the guy who defended shit maps drops? Thats a huge part of the problem even if you do get geared what for when run face roll for most builds 76 maps most of the time? Thats frustrating.

As far as gear I never whine there since you can beat game and atziri with a 4l. Utility wise drops are fine. But some people want more. I can understand that.

Something between GG geared in three days D3 and PoE would probably make most people happy.

Ok its a slow day so ill bite what 4L build allows you to beat atziri?
"Blue warrior shot the food"
I find the game to be perfectly enjoyable when planning a build to have all yellow gear, extremely frustrating hoping for a unique to drop, and kind of hollow if I trade for a required unique.

I believe the core issue with GGG's design is that rares and uniques have fundamentally different progression goals, and including both in the same game means optimizing item progression for rares, optimizing item progression for uniques, or compromising in a way which leaves both unoptimized and feeling lacklustre. It's clear that GGG mostly goes with affix-based progression while other ARPGs like D3 Loot 2.0 do unique progression better.

If all uniques in PoE were gone but all their mods were possible rare affixes (some with very limited availability, ex: Simple Robe only), PoE itemization would be a much improved, smoother experience.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
devs made a game which is unrewarding and difficult for a majority of players. they even name their company (grinding (for) gear games.

then players keep posting that the company doesn't care for their player base because the game is unrewarding.

where is the logic in this one?

a game puts you into a context and sets you goals and rules to follow.
it's then on you to reach the goals by actually following the rules, not changing them to win.

"
maxor wrote:

players managed to beat her with one live point. it's all about tactics and positioning your char.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Sep 2, 2015, 11:39:05 AM
"
maxor wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Just about any one of builds that can do it in 6L. Just takes longer due to less DPS. foxtactics once beat uber with arc in 4L.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 2, 2015, 11:37:37 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I find the game to be perfectly enjoyable when planning a build to have all yellow gear, extremely frustrating hoping for a unique to drop, and kind of hollow if I trade for a required unique.

I believe the core issue with GGG's design is that rares and uniques have fundamentally different progression goals, and including both in the same game means optimizing item progression for rares, optimizing item progression for uniques, or compromising in a way which leaves both unoptimized and feeling lacklustre. It's clear that GGG mostly goes with affix-based progression while other ARPGs like D3 Loot 2.0 do unique progression better.

If all uniques in PoE were gone but all their mods were possible rare affixes (some with very limited availability, ex: Simple Robe only), PoE itemization would be a much improved, smoother experience.

I totally agree GGG just dosent believe we should be able to attain best in slot items ever the fact that those items do exist but cost 400 exalts is a mistake they have acknowledged by removing eternal orbs.

Id fix this problem by making some uniques that were perfect rares for each cookie cutter build balanced ofc to not be to strong but still attainable for self found players.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
But Remeber nothing is wrong with the game or any of its drops rates right?
I mean thats what you just saying just a month ago!

Oh the irony when one of the white knights finally sees what everyone was talking about!
Yet you defended things like the drop rates of maps and such not so long ago!

I think thats the biggest issue here theres way too many people ready to jump right to speaking against everyone elses feelings without actually listening! Only to find out sooner or later that peoples complaints are quite valid! I mean i for one have no reason to lie! If i say im having an issue with something thats because i am... its NOT because i want the game to be easy or anything of that nature i just want the game to be fun again! simple as that! And before 2.0 i was having fun! After... not so much! Just like this drop rate change... yaaaaahhh More really strong builds i can make that i will never get to truly test because i cant acquire the endgame content to push it with!

I would rather them keep the T1 unique like they are ATM and just fix the endgame instead! Makeing builds for endgame isnt the problem in the first place its theres no endgame to run the builds in!

Unless ofcourse you BUY your endgame content anyway!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
maxor wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

SRS lol
Ok, something is very wrong here, when the biggest fanboys, defenders of GGG start to complain and agree with others with the problems the game has...... the world will end soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info