Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3

So they FINALLY realized that players that has played the game since even before the official release and STILL havent found ANY high tier uniques at all even though playing more that 8 hours a day maybe deserves to find at least one of these in their lifetime.

Increasing droprates of high tier uniques by 4 times is WAY to little.
I will probably still never find any of those items even though playing high level maps at 180mf hour after hour every single day, year after year.

One thing is very suiting to this game though and its the company game.
Grinding (for) Gear Games

But it should probably be

Grinding for Gear Games and never find them anyway
And then they have really hit the thruth.

Chris said in Q & A to a player who did play many hours every day at high level with high mf that he eventually will find all these exceptionally rare uniques.
But it dont think this will ever happen even though they have raised droprate by 4 times.
Not even if playing for 20 years.

If i ever find even one of these uniques, i will take all this critique back but i dont think chances are high that will ever happen.
"
Mateo_swe wrote:
So they FINALLY realized that players that has played the game since even before the official release and STILL havent found ANY high tier uniques at all even though playing more that 8 hours a day maybe deserves to find at least one of these in their lifetime.

I will probably still never find any of those items even though playing high level maps at 180mf hour after hour every single day, year after year.

Chris said in Q & A to a player who did play many hours every day at high level with high mf that he eventually will find all these exceptionally rare uniques.
But it dont think this will ever happen even though they have raised droprate by 4 times.

If i ever find even one of these uniques, i will take all this critique back but i dont think chances are high that will ever happen.

Never seen drop: any Exalted, Eternal (when they drop) or Mirror, any T1 unique items or something valuable from start Warband and i played like 38 DAYS (with /played chat command)! how long until i will find anything worth pick up?
CROSS-LEAGUE TRADING: pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1418564
I am glad they are realizing that gating uniques behind absurd rarity is not the way to go
Very nice! Let the Mjolner hunting begin.
:)
S L O W E R
This is a huge 180 from the stance they had before the awakening. I remember clearly Qarl said that players were getting perfect gear too quickly and GGG needed to slow down the rate of GGG gear dropping so the overall gear level of players will progress at an "intended" level. They liked the idea of having awesome unique being rare and almost impossible to get.

It seems GGG's idea of "intended" was far out of line with what was actually fun. It was smothering. It seems to be a worrying pattern. They've had to reverse their stance on map drop rates, A4 difficulty, and now unique drop rates. Maybe they need more testing in beta to make sure that the game that is released live is actually fun to play rather than testing this stuff on live servers by using players as unwilling beta testers.
Last edited by hacp on Sep 1, 2015, 7:37:14 AM
This essentially means Mjölner costs 2 ex in the future :D interdasting.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Gottron wrote:
"
Mateo_swe wrote:

Never seen drop: any Exalted, Eternal (when they drop) or Mirror, any T1 unique items or something valuable from start Warband and i played like 38 DAYS (with /played chat command)! how long until i will find anything worth pick up?

This is exactly why there is trading in the game. Also that is how RNG works; you CAN NOT take one person's experience as the sample size for how the drops function. It is "anecdotal".
Besides, just because you didn't find exalted/eternals or t1 uniques you maybe got that 6L in 40 fusings, or found some rares worth an exalt or had a couple of mortal hope drops.
In the same while, someone who has found 7 exalts this league could have spent 1000 fusing in making three 5Ls. It's RNG and Chris' answer was spot on; you WILL find those items given enough time, but with some basic understanding of probability you realize you can never be 100% certain unless you put in unlimited time.

Please read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
And what happens with map drops? I've almost lost all my higher level maps. Now I'm running 74's :(
"
HoolaBandoola wrote:
"
Gottron wrote:
"
Mateo_swe wrote:

This is exactly why there is trading in the game. Also that is how RNG works; you CAN NOT take one person's experience as the sample size for how the drops function. It is "anecdotal".
Besides, just because you didn't find exalted/eternals or t1 uniques you maybe got that 6L in 40 fusings, or found some rares worth an exalt or had a couple of mortal hope drops.
In the same while, someone who has found 7 exalts this league could have spent 1000 fusing in making three 5Ls. It's RNG and Chris' answer was spot on; you WILL find those items given enough time, but with some basic understanding of probability you realize you can never be 100% certain unless you put in unlimited time.

Please read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers

... yeah trading. Enough said... -.-
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info